The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

…for tomorrow…

By on May 11, 2009 11:53:36 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Well I have good news and I have bad news.  The good news is, based on talking to people in game lobbies, the new update works great for a lot of people who couldn’t previously connect and are blissfully unaware that anyone is having any problems.  The bad news is that there are people who had good times previously now having problems. Sigh.

Well, we have on deck another update for tomorrow fresh from GPG:

· Lord Erebus: Bite's Mana Cost increased, Damage decreased, Armor Reduction decreased

· Integrated newest DLLs

· Fix for looping audio track after leaving character select screens

· Fix for audio volumes not being reset on restart

· Adding /skipintro command line to bypass intro movies

· Cleaned up the achievement code so that the CVP Interface no longer maintains a copy of Guest data per peer. Instead you now only have your own achievement data.

· Demigod now checks the return code on GetPlayerData when OnNatComplete is called. If it fails Demigod does not accept the connection.

· OnNatComplete now returns 1 for success.

· OnNatComplete now returns failure if the playerName is empty.

This, in theory, combined with some tweaks on our end, should, I hope, take care of the flakiness some have had with lobby. But I make no promises.

Our end all, be all, update is scheduled (note: scheduled not promised) for Thursday. That’s where proxies and such are scheduled to go live. If you still have matchmaking connectivity you then have real reason to worry.

We’ll keep you update to date.

+912 Karma | 51 Replies
May 12, 2009 3:03:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lord Erebus: Bite's Mana Cost increased, Damage decreased, Armor Reduction decreased

Bite may have needed a tweak, I hope this doesn't go too far though - if it does, people might actually start playing Erebus as a general

Great work!!!

May 12, 2009 3:04:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm weird double post, sorry.

May 12, 2009 3:24:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dear Stardock,

I love you long time. please send me an email when I can actually play without NAT and Exception Access errors.

Cheers,

Silk

May 12, 2009 3:44:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy: Any idea why Erebus is being nerfed, or is GPG just mentally retarded and basing their reason behind balance because 90% of the community sucks at this game and have no clue how to play against Erebus, thus cry.

May 12, 2009 4:08:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Whilst it is clear that you guys are working hard on the problems and that is appreciated by the community it has essentially been let-down after let-down with almost no progress made since release. Unfortunately in business and most of real life you do not get credit for 'trying hard' - you get credit for delivering results. Each week promises are made that things will improve or proxies will be functional and each week these improvements fail to materialise.

Since release this game has essentially been a multiplayer game without a working multiplayer system and without any multiplayer friendly features which should be standard nowadays such as group joining. So essentially it has been a totally incomplete product. For a lot of people (including me) their patience is coming to an end as they simply cannot play what is fundamentally a really good and fun game, even though it has been released for weeks. A lot of the community seems to be awfully understanding about the problems and happy to have paid for a broken game but everyone's patience will run out sometime.

I and the three friends who bought the game to play together have spent much much much more time trying to connect and getting frustrated than we have playing it, some of us haven't had ANY online games and I think it's likely we will all be requesting a refund if it is not fixed by the EU release this Friday. Given the evidence it seems unlikely it will be, which is a real shame, but I hope I'm wrong and it will all be fixed somehow . . .

edited for readability

May 12, 2009 4:26:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Paragraphs man, paragraphs.

May 12, 2009 4:56:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sigh bad patch for me......... looks the lobby is completely fubarred.

I have to say that this was a pretty bad decision, I know you guys are working hard, but rushing out a patch that makes it essentially worse for a lot of players is not great.

I would rather see the beta situation, where you have a split test area so that you can put things out and people can test them.

With all the hours you guys have put it, it will obviously affect the quality of work. It is really frustrating as every day it gets more and more difficult to figure out a reason to log in. With the beta patch it looked more promising, there will still problems and launching quickly into the lobby hid these a little, however this patch looks even worse. The connection manager is going mental.

It is really annoying that I have to look at my clock and factor in 90mins to find and play in a decent game.

I know it will eventually get fixed, but it is frustrating for all parties involved

May 12, 2009 5:02:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 12, 2009 5:42:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bleh, I play Erebus, and even I admit that he was in drastic need of a nerf.

May 12, 2009 6:03:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have no problem with nerfing bite, except for the fact he's been singled out and is the only Demigod that has been nerfed. How about a complete balance change, not just a twitch reaction to complaints. I'm pretty sure there are a few million tweaks that could be done to balance, why single out this ONE move?

May 12, 2009 7:34:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's pretty obvious... besides you don't want to change too many at once, one at a time is the best way.

May 12, 2009 7:55:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While I think Bite needed a nerf, it sounds like it's getting hit too harshly.  Just a mana cost and cooldown hit would've been fine, with a duration added to Mist instead of more emphasis on Bite.

May 12, 2009 8:21:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JudeTepes,
While I think Bite needed a nerf, it sounds like it's getting hit too harshly.  Just a mana cost and cooldown hit would've been fine, with a duration added to Mist instead of more emphasis on Bite.

thing is without hard figures, how can any us say if it is harsh or not

May 12, 2009 8:28:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The new patch does seem to make custom games darn near impossible. I was one of the lucky people to not have any connection issues played a ton of games yesterday in the beta version. New patch was up so i decided to get it and one hour later could not get any custom game going. I was getting addicted to 4 vs 4s too. 

Pantheon did work well and since everyone was on the same game version there were people to play against. So I will just go back to that for awhile and excerise some more patience

May 12, 2009 8:51:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JudeTepes,

Here are the numbers pulled from Frogboy's previous journal thread:

[BALANCE] Lord Erebus Bite

Bite's Mana Cost increased, Damage decreased, Armor Reduction decreased.

Mana Cost increased from 300/420/500/595 to 350/500/650/800.

Damage and health gain decreased from 300/500/700/900 to 250/425/600/775.

Armor reduction decreased from to 250/400/600/800 250/400/550/700.

May 12, 2009 8:52:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was hoping they would change the item bonuses around to balance things around. It's not my creation though so adapt .

May 12, 2009 10:30:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woohoo! Thanks for the hard work and continued dedication to making your product and services top notch.  It's often a hard climb to the top and your forum has plenty of people trying to drag you down- keep at it and I know you will reach the pinnacle and your customers will come around.

Question: I really wanna use the /skipintro on my command line but I launch the game directly from impulse. Is there a way to edit the target of that launcher or do i need to create a DG desktop icon to do that? If the later, how do i create that icon?

May 12, 2009 11:56:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Extacide,
Frogboy: Any idea why Erebus is being nerfed, or is GPG just mentally retarded and basing their reason behind balance because 90% of the community sucks at this game and have no clue how to play against Erebus, thus cry.

Typical, a user of an obviously OP'd character whining about a nerf. Owned. Guess you gotta find a new character now, nub. He got nerfed for a reason.

May 12, 2009 12:22:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really, really hope this Thursday patch fixes everything. I was having issues prior to the Monday patch but now it has become impossible for me to play multiplayer games. I can never connect to everyone in the lobby and on the rare occasion that I do I'm immediately kicked due to NAT failure. All my ports are properly fowarded and they are not being blocked by firewalls or my router.

May 12, 2009 12:25:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

zorminster, All you have to do is click on the Impulse icon and select Preferences. Then select Archive/Install options and select from the dropdown if you want it to create a icon for your desktop.

This will then make an icon for your desktop when you update, etc....

Other than that, you will have to go into you Demigod folder and drag out a shortcut manually.

Hope this helped

May 12, 2009 2:18:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL at the QQ posts.

May 12, 2009 4:00:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,

Typical, a user of an obviously OP'd character whining about a nerf. Owned. Guess you gotta find a new character now, nub. He got nerfed for a reason.

Um, Erubus isn't all that OP, he's actually rather easy to kill...

May 12, 2009 4:47:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You guys knew this was coming (all you Lord Erebus players).  The vamp needed this slight adjustment (if you look at the actual numbers.. the adjustment is slight.  Nothing major).  At least it evens the playing field.

May 12, 2009 5:01:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Um, Erubus isn't all that OP, he's actually rather easy to kill...

QFT. Erebus is hands down the weakest character in the game. The only time I pay any attention to him at all is when he is trying to cap one of my flags and I have to go and chase him off. I don't play exclusively as any one Demigod. I like to cycle through the different characters and builds, and I have never come remotely close to being killed by an Erebus in any game that I have played. His 'Bite' was the only skill he had that was even remotely useful, and now that is gone.

I want all of the characters to be powerful. When any one of the Demis set their sights on me, I should feel concerned. Likewise, whatever character or build I choose, they should be concerned about me.

For the love of DemiGod GPG, do you really want to go down this path? Do you really want to dumb down this game to the level of the lowest common denominator? This week it is Erebus' Bite. Next week it will be Regulus' Snipe, and the week after that it will be the UB. In short order this game is going to degenerate into nothing more that a bunch of colorful characters prancing around the map throwing marshmallows at each other.

@Shedding: The numbers are quite high, imo. Mana cost is increased by~25%. That's huge. Armor and Dmg are at ~12.5 and 14% respectively. I would consider a change of 5% to be a tweak. This is a full blown nerf.

May 12, 2009 7:38:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shedding,
You guys knew this was coming (all you Lord Erebus players).  The vamp needed this slight adjustment (if you look at the actual numbers.. the adjustment is slight.  Nothing major).  At least it evens the playing field.

For that much, I am thankful.  (Mind you, in a recent game I discovered just how unexpectedly powerful Erebus can be in the right hands!)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000859   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.