The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Teaming in Pantheon games possible already! Heres how!

By on May 11, 2009 8:58:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NeoVain

Join Date 04/2009
+4

Just check the ladder, KOREAslayer and KOREAsphynxx are teaming in everygame, even in the pantheon games! (check their gamelist) also, this seems to be an easy way to climb to the top of the ladder as they can prove . Anyone know how they do it? My guess is they just sit beside each other and click the "pantheon" button at the same time, and kick the other players/restart game if they didnt happen to come on the same team. 

Locked Post 9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 11, 2009 9:17:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My guess is like you mention, join pantheon together and look at the connection window.  If they are not together retry.

They won't be enemies because they are on the same side Light.

May 11, 2009 9:28:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah thats smart blitz, so its probably even easier to team in pantheon than in skirmish games since its always light vs dark... interesting... and the reason it works so flawlessly right now, is there are so few players playing pantheon right now, so there is very little risk of someone else light side joining at the exact same moment! +1 karma for that

May 11, 2009 10:07:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That is pretty smart of them, and I can see how that method would easily work. However, it gives great advantage to those that can "sit in the room together". I guess you could do that on ventrilo too.

People will always find ways to work a system.

May 11, 2009 10:17:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

rather see players teaming up than this

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/games/player/38615/

players kicking both opponents whenever they "HOST" the pantheon game for an instant win

May 11, 2009 10:30:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice find Herakleion! +1 karma for that.

Seems not the most fun way to play the game, but they sure get some easy stats.

Its kinda shooting yourself in the foot though, since even though your stats go up, your skill wont, so you will get paired with opponents that are much higher skilled then yourself doing that... so eventually when they decide to play, they will just get owned bad.

May 11, 2009 11:23:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/games/player/38615/

I was wondering about this. I tried to get into at least 20 pantheon games yesterday. I manually dropped out of most because I kept seeing the list go down to three players. IE: if we didnt have all 4 players going into the game, I would hit 'CANCEL' and try another match. I was seeing three players so often that I figured players are now manually kicking people out to score an easy win.

That's a real shame.

May 11, 2009 11:35:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting NeoVain,
Nice find Herakleion! +1 karma for that.

Seems not the most fun way to play the game, but they sure get some easy stats.

Its kinda shooting yourself in the foot though, since even though your stats go up, your skill wont, so you will get paired with opponents that are much higher skilled then yourself doing that... so eventually when they decide to play, they will just get owned bad.

When did exploiters ever care about their skill level?

May 11, 2009 12:49:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yea i noticed this as well and i actually brought it up to cari, to be fair once in a great while the game bugs and your opponent drops before the  game starts but as often as its showin on prone i doubt that is the case. guess we will jus have to ignore the ppl who cant play pantheon the way it was meant to.

including ppl who set up arranged team games, its random for a reason.

May 11, 2009 12:56:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is done all over the place in Pantheon if you look closer their are a lot more Dark side pre-arranged teams.  These two made it more obvious cause they shot up the list on the light side.  And I was one who had to sit through all their disconnects the other day which caused almost a half hour delay in getting a game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time: