The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

demigod = unbalanced

By on May 8, 2009 11:49:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hello, just wanted to add this game is crap, why? its too easy to win with the torch bearer, he is way better at leveling and dealing damage, especially on large maps. if u play for instance a melee char like oak vs torch bearer its impossible to win.

this game gets old fast. for now i wont play anyone who chooses the torch bearer online.

also the different upgrades u can choose are bullshit because everyone chooses the same paths because if u dont ull lose, only 1 path will be the best so whats the point in having a choice if u have to choose the same thing over and over.

had my fun in the beginning, but this game gets old fast

0 Karma | 56 Replies
May 8, 2009 11:55:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stop being a wimp hes not even that good, Just stop complaining and go play another game but don't complain.

May 8, 2009 11:58:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok lets play 1v1 you torch bearer me erebus

May 8, 2009 11:59:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Every melee character has a stun or interrupt move. Use them wisely and you won't have this problem. Some even work at a range!

The citadel upgrades are simple, because this game wasn't meant to be Civ4.

Taking out TB is pretty easy if you manage your HP and get him to be greedy. ANY demigod is nearly impossible to kill if they're hiding in a towered lane.

TB can deal more damage per second because of his abilities, at the cost of mana and will need to pump gold into his mana reserves to keep afloat. Just pump gold into armor, damage, and movement speed to counter that and you're good.

May 8, 2009 12:02:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To me it sounds like you just lost badly and before the game ended you went ctrl+alt+del on the process and straight away came to the forums to make this post.

torch bearer is a ranged glass cannon that is good at crowd control.  Against a single DG he may do okay damage and against creeps he is the undertaker on speed.  playing a melee hero is the downfall of TB, he has to run.  since you have provided such an informative post on how he is beating you i can give you terrific advice.

THE PROBLEM IS YOU.

May 8, 2009 12:03:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

your face = unbalanced

May 8, 2009 12:03:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I smell Troll.

May 8, 2009 12:17:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

inc troll

May 8, 2009 12:20:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

stun wont help much in a circle of fire does it?

but since i cant complain, this game is the best, it's super balanced and the multiplayer functionality works reall good!

also the ai is very smart and playing the computer is so much fun it will never get old.

if someone chooses a certain character it doesnt matter which character u will choose u will be able to win with anycharacter if u play better.

also this game is not played by annoying 8 year old kids, who cant behave on forums

actually this game is so good that ill uninstall it and never play it again

May 8, 2009 12:22:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting tassox33,
ok lets play 1v1 you torch bearer me erebus

no ill take torch bearer and you will take oak

May 8, 2009 12:23:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting dydx,
To me it sounds like you just lost badly and before the game ended you went ctrl+alt+del on the process and straight away came to the forums to make this post.

torch bearer is a ranged glass cannon that is good at crowd control.  Against a single DG he may do okay damage and against creeps he is the undertaker on speed.  playing a melee hero is the downfall of TB, he has to run.  since you have provided such an informative post on how he is beating you i can give you terrific advice.

THE PROBLEM IS YOU.

well nice assumptions you make, for your info TB doesnt has to run at all against melee he just has to use circle of fire dumbass

May 8, 2009 12:26:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i will beat you with oak if you want just add woodp01 to your friends and send me a pm in game...

May 8, 2009 12:35:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TB and Erebus are the most OP demigods at the start of the match, imo...They should be avoided in 1v1.

Anyway, this is not a game meant to be played 1v1, you always need some team backup around you.

May 8, 2009 12:35:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting doctorvixen,

Quoting tassox33, reply 2ok lets play 1v1 you torch bearer me erebus

I doubt they balanced this team game as well for 1v1s.   In addition, Sedna can easily handle torchbearer a majority of the time.   Oak is a powerhouse, but he isn't nearly as strong for straight DG to DG combat.   Between immunity and the fact that Oak comes back to life after he dies...in addition to getting health on kills, it can be extremely hard to kill Oak.   *casts fireball and fire nova as he enters combat with oak* Oh hey, what's that silver glowing shield?   Damn there goes a large majority of my damage for awhile.   Wait, minions?  Those heal Oak?   This is bogus, re-balance the game!   Get a spine and learn more about the game.

*yawn*

May 8, 2009 12:38:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Let's see, to date I've heard the following characters called overpowered:

Rook

Torchbearer

Unclean Beast

Regulus

Erebus

Sedna

Oak

Queen

Anyone notice anything about this list?

And in seriousness, I find TB to be one of the easiest demigods to beat 1v1. He's good against creeps, but he's extremely fragile and finds it hard to run from faster DGs like Sedna and Unclean Beast.

May 8, 2009 1:12:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I kill TBs all the time with my Oak. Oak is sorta weak vs any demigod for the first 5 or 6 levels. But after that he gets really powerful really fast. But it also depends on player skill levels. If you are a newish player using any demigod vs a decent to really good player, you will lose against him 1v1. Even if you're a few levels higher than him.

If anyone is a tad too powerful, I'd say Erebus might be. But its easy to kill him too. Its just that your specific build might not be all that great vs another specific demigod. Normally everyone has at least 1 skill that they will always try to get and max out. Just because its that good for that demigod. But the other skills are always different depending on how many demigods I'm fighting, what map I'm playing, what mood im in.

May 8, 2009 1:14:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I came in here expecting another Erebus post.... and this guy says TB. Please play the game a bit more, try different strategies. There are tons of builds/equips for each DG. 

If anything I'm very impressed by how balanced this game is at launch.

May 8, 2009 1:14:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting doctorvixen,

Quoting tassox33, reply 2ok lets play 1v1 you torch bearer me erebus

When and where. I don't play oak much anymore but TB is certainly not a threat.

May 8, 2009 1:25:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TB = Unbalanced?

lmao.

May 8, 2009 1:27:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TB is so easy to kill is not funny, only ice TB can actually keep up, with a fire TB after the first round he ends up with an empty gun that cant even run well, maybe rook can have trouble but come on, really TB OP?.

I really cant belive that people say a character is op simply because they dont know how to kill him or because the enemy selected an strategy weak against them, is like an ub claiming rook is op when he goes completly speed and atack and dont get life steal or some armor, think a little adapt and use your enemies weakness.

About Oak vs Tb, it will split him in half he just needs to keep his ghosts back while the tb fires his first round after that move in penitence+surge of faith, basicly a Tb needs to be intelligent to survive 1v1.

Theres big mistake noobs make against TB, if you are fighting against tb, DON'T but priests, angels i dare say catapults, if you dont have enough to go for giants simple dont buy them cause you are just feeding him he will go lv 20 so fast you wont get a chance specially around lv9-11

May 8, 2009 1:28:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

k, so we all agree this guy is on crack, now about actual possible op dg's. first off erebus yes we know all about his bite but if you take to much away from bite he becomes very weakso balancing bite is gonna be tricky as is an i can see why its where its at now its just that hard to find the right balane for it. then we have imo unclean beast, spit i feel needs to be affected by armor but that again is just my opinion other than that i think queen needs a slight buff to either the line spikes or aoe spikes, maybe a reduction in enemie movment speed? thats all i can think off the top of my head character wise items is another story.

May 8, 2009 1:36:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, no he really isn't.

He's decent at creep killing early on but can't stay in fights for very long and has to retreat more often due to that. Midgame he's great, but later game he becomes pretty meh.

You're experiencing him as OP because he's the only DG you've learned to play yet.

May 8, 2009 1:43:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good riddance

Every time I hear someone whine that there's 'only one build' or 'so and so is OP' I want to laugh.

I play rook, but I don't use the tower raising ability, I use a boulder roll / hammer slam build.  And I do well at it (when I can get online, the patches have made my functionality worse and worse, not better).  On the other end of things, when using the "OP" Erebus, I get pwned so hard my monitor cracks.  I'm a good "Rook, SMAAASH!" player; I'm a bad "I am Erebus, I shall bite you" player.  It's all about your skill, or lack thereof.

May 8, 2009 1:49:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dude oakshould do good agianst TB pest,he will use the fire on ground 1/2 health use shield pest agian he should be near dead and slowed down by then

May 8, 2009 1:54:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ron Lugge,

Good riddance

Every time I hear someone whine that there's 'only one build' or 'so and so is OP' I want to laugh.

I play rook, but I don't use the tower raising ability, I use a boulder roll / hammer slam build.  And I do well at it (when I can get online, the patches have made my functionality worse and worse, not better).  On the other end of things, when using the "OP" Erebus, I get pwned so hard my monitor cracks.  I'm a good "Rook, SMAAASH!" player; I'm a bad "I am Erebus, I shall bite you" player.  It's all about your skill, or lack thereof.

I feel just like you, but you know sometimes i think we should whine more, be a little more discontent, ask why things are the way they are and why should we not complaint if we cant win, and then i remember this is just a game. seriously guys we are not asking to be happy with how the game is but claiming something is OP or Imbalanced just because you cannot win against it is kind of stupid.

May 8, 2009 2:07:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think the Torch Bearer is overpowered but he does suffer from the game design standpoint of being able to do massive damage without actually having to engage in a fight. Facing toons like this are annoying because all they have to do is run away. A TB can wipe out a massive amount of minions and reinforcements in 2 clicks without subjecting himself to a lot of damage. I think this is what the OP finds hard to deal with.

The only thing that balances this is that the TB is not that great at holding ground and neither is he a sure fire hero killer when played this way. In the overall "who wins the game sense" this compensates for his ability to wipe out massive amounts of units in short time.

My opinion is that there are 2 demigods that are probably overpowered, Erebus and Unclean Beast. You can also add a late game Regulus if he's geared/spec'd right to that list.

Outside of that, I haven't seen anything cheesed to the point where the overpoweredness is obvious.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001500   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.