The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Easter Egg

By on May 6, 2009 11:16:21 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Here’s an interesting easter egg that I didn’t know about.  You can drop items for others to pick up by just right-clicking on the item in your item bar.

+912 Karma | 41 Replies
May 6, 2009 11:23:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NICE!

May 6, 2009 11:26:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can drop items for others to pick up by just right-clicking on the item in your item bar.

Haha even I knew that!! Lol

May 6, 2009 11:34:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah my buddies and I use it so only one of us has to buy a teleport scroll right in the beginning, then he can teleport back to base get his upgrades and pick up some extra scrolls for us...drop them and now we can teleport back and repay him later.  Convenient.

May 6, 2009 11:55:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yah ive done that before, had someone pick me up a peice of armor i already had.. and when i picked it up it deleted the one i had.

May 6, 2009 11:58:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I saw this Frog.. I just didn't want to try dropping and losing an expensive item

May 7, 2009 12:09:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I came across it once by accident, but for some reason it didn't occur to me what I had just did since I was in the middle of a battle. Now, I know. Awesome. In a way, this should help clans and teams strategize to a new level. Passing powerful itmes around to allow a situational build to succeed in a given task could help clans and teams who work together well more options for success.

May 7, 2009 12:16:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Swapping the Heart of Life is supreme!

Though... I don't think this is an 'easter egg', is it?  Sounds more like a feature to me...!

May 7, 2009 12:19:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you know you can sell them back?

Haha, hope you do....

May 7, 2009 12:38:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GreatStalin,
Swapping the Heart of Life is supreme!

Though... I don't think this is an 'easter egg', is it?  Sounds more like a feature to me...!

Ya definitely a feature.  And I wholly agree with the HoL swap.

May 7, 2009 12:45:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just wondering if anyone had tried this. If you use HoL and drop it and pick it up? Does it reset the timer? What about if someone else gets it and immediately gives it to you again? Seems like something like this would work with some items. But i agree with the strategy of letting people go to buy scrolls and maybe even flag locks. Just... nobody else seems to do it so...

Also Protecept did i play you before? cuz i deffinately remember a battle where the enemy threw down his HoL and i stole it 

Don't think he realised quite what he had done there. lol.

May 7, 2009 12:45:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait... There are thing's our Dev's don't know about?! =O

May 7, 2009 1:07:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Tidus1492,

Quoting GreatStalin, reply 7Swapping the Heart of Life is supreme!

I don't know, sounds like a good way to get a demi-AIDS.

May 7, 2009 1:16:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Doggiedoodle,

Quoting Tidus1492, reply 9
Quoting GreatStalin, reply 7Swapping the Heart of Life is supreme!

I don't know, sounds like a good way to get a demi-AIDS.

DemiGods give aids you don't give them aids.  You're lucky you didnt just get struck down for that.

May 7, 2009 1:29:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wonder if the friendly A.I. would grab an allies` dropped Item... never tried that...

May 7, 2009 2:44:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm this isn't really an easter egg is it?  This thread is misleading, I am going to go and cry now.

May 7, 2009 2:59:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I believe AI will readily pick up any dropped items, so be aware of AI ninjas!

May 7, 2009 3:49:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's a shame there is no way to share money between team members, would allow for more strategies

Or is there?

May 7, 2009 3:59:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually it is a technique called "pooling" in the AoS genre. I believe if Demigod becomes competive, this will need to be removed, since it creates unfair advantage to Carry+Supports type of teams. For example, in a 2v2 game, team QoT+Erebus should be exceptionally strong with pooling.

May 7, 2009 4:04:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting WarlokLord,
I wonder if the friendly A.I. would grab an allies` dropped Item... never tried that...

They don't. At least I have to assume they don't after waiting for them to pick it up for eons.

May 7, 2009 4:13:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The question is, does the enemy see the items and can they pick them up?

May 7, 2009 4:35:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it a bug that the item you right click on doesn't drop if your moving around and not stationary?

May 7, 2009 4:58:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah I worked that one out for accident when I got the game.  It was funny last night when playing with friends one of my friends was complaining that teleport scrolls weren't working for him.  About 5 minutes later another friend asked why are there teleport scrolls everywhere?   

May 7, 2009 5:10:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here’s an interesting easter egg that I didn’t know about.  You can drop items for others to pick up by just right-clicking on the item in your item bar.

I bet you wish there was a manual now, don't you?

May 7, 2009 6:13:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Generally, it's not considered an easter egg when it's described in a tooltip.  

Hehe, I'm just teasing, it's worth while posting since a lot of people don't even believe me about it when I tell them in game.

May 7, 2009 7:11:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Here’s an interesting easter egg that I didn’t know about. 

I find it so funny that he didn't know. And so awe struck that he admitted to not knowing.. lol

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000641   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.