The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

WIP - DeadMG's own mod support patch

By on May 6, 2009 7:36:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Allows for transfer automatically of all mods and all mod-related files, such that the game will load and run them. Can be released for DG in it's current state but probably won't be finished before the next patch.

The question is:

1. Having to reboot the game every time you launch with a new mod, or

2. External app (all open source) written by me. Do you trust me to put my own custom code on your computer? Even if you can view every scrap of source and compile it yourself.

This should buy GPG/SD some time with custom mods, before they have to release their own system, so that they can make it work properly. The system already mostly works in SupCom and there's not much work left to do, so I want to ask the question posed to you just above.

+5 Karma | 7 Replies
May 6, 2009 7:55:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Did you already find a way around the "Mismatched Executable" problem when playing over impulse?

May 6, 2009 8:01:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mods can be loaded after the fact. Yes, all players would have to use, but you wouldn't need identical installations.

May 7, 2009 11:21:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So hows this coming along DeadMG?

Im happy to relaunch the game when I enable a new mod.

May 7, 2009 11:47:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i rather reboot everytime.  I don't want to run custom open source code.

May 8, 2009 4:23:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yay DeadMG! I'd trust you enough to run the your app but I guess most Demigod players don't know you yet, so relaunching might be better for now. 

Is there any way we can keep this cleanly seperated from the original install as we plan to do it for the CEP?

May 8, 2009 5:44:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd have no problem running your external application, but then I do know you while many others here might not.

PS: we could have riff check it for malicious code

May 8, 2009 6:19:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DeadMG,
Mods can be loaded after the fact. Yes, all players would have to use, but you wouldn't need identical installations.

Have you tried to play online with anyone, both with modded games? Because i don't think you understood what -Sorian- asked.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.