The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Stardock is looking out for it's players

By on May 5, 2009 12:29:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just recently purchased Demigod only to find I was just on the edge of the minimum specs and couldn't run demigod at anything other than a stutter. I was upset but decided to ask for a refund not expecting much on that front. To my suprise I received a full refund and promptly within 3 days of submitting the ticket.

Now if that isn't looking out for your player base I don't know what is, I for one will be back someday once I am able to rebuild my computer. This kind of customer support is almost unheard of in the industry. I can actually trust Stardock as a company to look out for my entertainment and not their pockets.

I'll be more careful on my part to make sure I am above the minimum specs, but this customer support really sets Stardock apart and will have me coming back for years to come.

Thanks Stardock, I appreciate it.

Oh and, all pirate's that think they're justified in ripping games from this company; Die in a Burger King Grease Fire.

0 Karma | 6 Replies
May 5, 2009 12:38:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You must not have gotten the memo that you're not allowed to say anything nice about Stardock on these forums if you don't want to be branded as a fanboy

In all seriousness, yes, they do that It sounds like you bought it online too, but the cooler thing is they'll even do a full refund of store-bought boxes and eat the difference (they only make about $19 on a boxed version, if memory serves).

May 5, 2009 1:00:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No fears! A fan boy I shall be!

I bought the online version and it amazes me even further that they'll refund you for the box version, that's amazing if you ask me.

May 5, 2009 1:12:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They are so used to give away refounds that they do it with no questions asked

Its a joke yes? no offance

May 8, 2009 3:37:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I bought Sins on min spec (or below if you believe CanURunIt) and I couldn't believe how 'reasonably' it ran.  I mean, it was stuttery in big battles and it had to be played on low settings, but even so...

Anyway it is great that Stardock are nice with these things.  Every computer model is different so min specs are only a rough guide anyway.  Their policy is probably 'give them their money back and they are far more likely to buy our other games or buy the game again if they get a new computer' as opposed to the industry standard (cough EA cough) 'you've bought the game, why should we give you your money back simply because your computer isn't as good as ours'.

May 8, 2009 4:38:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad to hear it Konpai this is my first purchase from Stardock but most certainly will not be the last. It was so amazing to hit the forums the day I purchased DG to see the Devs posting and taking most of the blame for the MM problems at release.

Kudos to Stardock!

May 8, 2009 4:48:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I wouldn't mind being branded a fan boy there cool

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.