The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Uninstalled Beta Version and reinstalled through Impulse - stuck with Beta version?

By on May 4, 2009 3:40:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There were no players in the Multiplayer 'beta' version of Demigod, so I uninstalled and reinstalled through Impulse last night in order to actually get to play the MP.  The version of my game defaulted to installing the beta and there doesn't seem to be any way around that now.  Please let me know if there's a way to get out of this beta version so I can actually play.

+1 Karma | 8 Replies
May 4, 2009 3:53:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You have to uncheck "show pre-release versions" to get the latest non-beta patch on re-install.

May 4, 2009 4:17:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've reinstalled twice now, once with the pre-release versions unchecked and once with it checked, both times I've received the same beta version.

May 4, 2009 4:30:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Try unchecking again, restart Impulse, then instead of redownloading the whole game, right click Demigod via impulse and click "verify install"

May 4, 2009 4:43:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, I have the same issue.  I tried deleting all files associated with the game, I deselected the option in Impulse, and yet it still, on download, is at version .0108, which I assume is the beta version because my friend can't join my games and I only ever see two or three games in the lobby.  We really need your help to fix this devs, I'm getting really frustrated with all the crap with this game.  I've lost my favor items and points 4 times and now I can't even play multiplayer because of this.  If you don't start supporting us better, I'm definitely not going to be buying the DLC that has been discussed.

May 4, 2009 4:47:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DalzK's fix worked.  Apparently setting options by using the icon on the taskbar doesn't actually change the settings, hah.  Even though the beta option was deselected according to the preferences in the taskbar, it was still selected in the Impulse client.  Thanks for the help, DalzK.

May 4, 2009 4:58:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,
Try unchecking again, restart Impulse, then instead of redownloading the whole game, right click Demigod via impulse and click "verify install"

This absolutely works, even with the proper settings unchecked the re-install gave me the beta version, but verifying the installation and then updating fixed the issue.  Thanks.

May 4, 2009 5:28:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Verifying works, probably some left over in the registry after deinstalling

May 4, 2009 6:10:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uh oh.  I did the above (becuase I accidently got the beta; I use to do the Entrenchment beta, so it was still set to show pre relaese versions).  Anyway, did the above, it seemd to work, but now it won't let register for online MP; it says wrong name/PW.  Since I'm set on "Always remember" I'm sure my PW/Handle are correct. I have no idea what to do. . .

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001844   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.