The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Ways to stop End-game Suicide Oak (Conquest)

By on May 4, 2009 1:06:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What I'm talking about is during end-game in a fairly balanced game once everyone is packing artifacts and level 20, Oak is rushing into your towers, forts and even citadel and wailing on them till you or the building kills him then using last stand to get a guaranteed kill on a tower or fort with the increased damage, and is definately going to be taking up to 20-30k out of your citadel (in my case he was taking about half of it's health with maxxed building health upgrade). While to some of you this may sound like free gold, keep in mind that by this point in the game both teams citadels have almost every single upgrade, and everyone is using a full inventory of artifacts. Pushing up while he was respawning wasn't a viable plan because his teammates would nab a flag near our citadel and he'd teleport back down there wailing on the citadel and we'd have to port back.

Needless to say we lost after 5 or 6 of his suicide runs. ( It was still a great match, and the most evenly matched game I've had up until the last part where the suicide began )

Someone suggested healing the citadel back up with universal gadgets, now I was doing exactly this but those things have 10 secs of cooldown, which if only one of you is doing it means it's gonna take you about two minutes to heal the citadel back up while Oaks teammates push up even more, and Oak is definately going to be back before those 2 minutes are up. Then they suggested I get all 3 teammates healing it, this would of went even worse because who is then going to hold off Oaks two teammates from pushing up to the citadel as well?

Could someone suggest any ways to stop this?

Because apart from fighting in an uneven game where your team has a huge advantage the entire way I can't really see any counters in a long game versus Oak doing this.

+8 Karma | 6 Replies
May 4, 2009 1:39:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Only counter I can think of is for your team to push and try to end the game. If everyone is already level 20 and you are not at their citidel's front door something is wrong to begin with. You gotta keep pushing taking out the other teams defense and making a way to the citidel. I'm not sure your team was just farming exp / gold the whole time but letting any game get longer than 30 min means it's just going to be more and more difficult to win without artifacts / massive amounts of team play.

One other thing you can do is hit the oak closer to his base so he has less time to get up to your citidel. If he's on a suicide mission then get all your team mates around, target him and collect the gold. You should have more resources / better items if he keeps suiciding at you.

May 4, 2009 1:40:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

id say flag lock your base flags

May 4, 2009 3:04:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd suggest pushing hard to their citadel and taking him out there. Even if you have to run away from him and loose some ground, a decked out team should be able to retake the ground they lost in less than the time it takes for him to respawn.

What gets me is that once an Oak player hits level 8 and is being out played or is just lazy they resort to suicide runs for everything. It's really annoying when that Oak player is on YOUR team.

May 6, 2009 10:24:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not sure if Last Stand gives Oak the benefits of Purity. It it doesn't, then he can be stunned, frozen, slowed, whatever.

May 6, 2009 12:00:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't tested this and maybe it is a bug but, I got hit with sedna's silence right before I died as oak and then failed to get my last stand to trigger.

May 6, 2009 12:12:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lethstang,
id say flag lock your base flags

QFT

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000468   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.