The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

login and pw not accepted after a mem crash

By on May 3, 2009 2:03:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i had them resend the info to my email and the username or pw says is wrong yet thats what they sent me to my email.I was playen it ealier got on with np and now i cant .

+3 Karma | 26 Replies
May 3, 2009 2:59:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Try a reboot of your computer. Depending on how they secure username and pw in memory it might be locked to prevent hacking until you reboot.

May 3, 2009 6:25:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i have the same problem after trying the new beta patch, i tried restarting and even changing it but it is not taking my new or old one.

May 4, 2009 1:38:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just got the same problem.  I've been playing since day 0.   I can't log on to play anymore after Demigod crashed.  running windows 7 beta here....

I emailed [email protected]

May 4, 2009 7:41:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

same here............... how can I log on again ?

May 4, 2009 8:21:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This happnes to me sometimes if the game hangs while trying to connect. If I wait a few minutes then I will be able to log in. My guess is the system still thinks you are already logged in as your game didn't log out properly and waits for a time before automatically logging you out.

May 4, 2009 8:52:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kamara,
Try a reboot of your computer. Depending on how they secure username and pw in memory it might be locked to prevent hacking until you reboot.

Secured?  It's in plain text in your Game.prefs file...one of the files they ask you to provide them for troubleshooting.

May 4, 2009 8:59:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had this problem over the weekend.  My game crashed while trying to get into a custom game.  After the crash I was not able to log in at all.  I tried rebooting, restarting the app many, many times and changing my password and username through Impulse.  None of these worked and I finally went onto the ingame irc channel and asked for help.  Most of the suggestions were just what I had already tried but one person told me that this happens sometimes and try again in a few hours.  I sent off a ticket to Stardock then went and played a campaign on L4D.  A couple hours later I tried to log into the game again and it was successful.

May 5, 2009 4:42:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, see, I think you're describing something different Eadwyn.  That problem has come up for me in the past when getting a crash or something.  The system still thinks you're in so you have to wait some time.  I don't think it's the same thing.  For one reason, this time, i didn't crash.  It started happening as soon as I installed the beta patch.  But that definitely applies to some of the problems people have after crashes. 

May 5, 2009 4:56:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As already mention the solution to can't login after a mem crash is try again after a few hours.

I went to sleep and the next morning, i was able to log in again.

May 5, 2009 5:04:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Try deleting the file 'Games.prefs' which is located here:

YOUR USERNAME\My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod

Then launch Demigod and try to log into multiplayer.

May 5, 2009 5:09:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does that actually store any information about your login state?  I thought the only thing that it stored about login information is the username and password (in plain-text).  If the user while trying to login manually inputted the username and password the pref file should have no impact on it?

May 11, 2009 11:50:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Eadwyn,
Does that actually store any information about your login state?  I thought the only thing that it stored about login information is the username and password (in plain-text).  If the user while trying to login manually inputted the username and password the pref file should have no impact on it?

Not really 100% sure why this works tbh, but for most people it does.   My best guess is that the game is checking the information stored in the file against what you type.  If there is a mismatch, or more likely the file is not readable because it was not closed out correctly due to a game crash, then the error occurs.

June 7, 2009 10:45:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not able to login, invalid username and password.  I had this issue on May 4th.   It's happening again yesterday. It's been 12 hours and I still can't login now.

I already erase my game.pref.  I tried logging in on a different computer and get the same error.

June 7, 2009 11:18:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same problem for me it has been 18 hours cant log on and I have erased my game.pref, this all started after it gave me some memory error and kicked me out of the game lobby

June 8, 2009 2:33:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same Here ! tried erasing aswell.

Let's hope Santa is coming and we'll learn that the servers have been rebooted and they can now cure cancer ... or something

June 8, 2009 7:50:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same problem !

cant login , always "invalid username/password"...

i try to re register my demigod product (on the same account) and the following message appears "your serial of demigod is not an active validation" or something like that...

i try with a friend account to register the game with his serial, and its work (he dont have the login password bug)

anyone who have ths login/password bug could try to re register your demigod product ?

June 8, 2009 11:33:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Looks like some servers were down over the weekend.  Anyone who posted June 7th/8th: Are you still not able to log in?

June 9, 2009 12:02:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep

Still can't play ...

June 9, 2009 8:23:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DeusCaesar,
Yep

Still can't play ...

Drop us an email at [email protected] and we try to get you back up and running.

June 9, 2009 11:07:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just Sent It, let's see how fast your support is

Tic, Tac

June 9, 2009 11:34:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can you PM me your support ticket number?

June 9, 2009 8:07:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I get this sometimes after a few game crashes, disabling / re-enabling the appropriate network adapter fixes it for me.

Much faster than a reboot as well

June 10, 2009 3:12:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

!! can't connect for +48h...

i send a mail to [email protected] and im waiting....

June 10, 2009 4:14:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

!! can't connect for +48h...

i send a mail to [email protected] and im waiting....

Try reinstalling Impulse; that seems to have worked for DeusCaesar.  We're looking into what may be causing this.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/impulse_setup_full.exe

June 25, 2009 1:40:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This worked for me.  I have just now been able to log in for the first time since buying the game.  I will repost later to tell if this seems to be a permanent fix.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001344   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.