The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod: King of Blades *reposted*

By on May 1, 2009 12:19:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

King of Blades

[Name]: King of Blades (real name Serik Khanu)

[Type]: General

[Alignment]: Light

[Appearance]: Tall built warrior, large beard and white eyes. The King of Blades carries a massive two handed sword and wears a large empty sheath on his back. He comes equipped with a nose helm, arm gauntlets and leggings. Shirtless, he is covered in scars from many battles.

[Strengths]: Strong Against Melee Demigods

High Survivability

[Weaknesses]: No Ranged Attack

Little Area Damage

[Background]: In the days when the barbarian hordes amassed war bands and descended upon the Nobles of Esuram, the shedding of innocent blood was common sight. The once mighty Seven Nations dwindled to three as one after another fell to savage kin. In the country of Ghol, the three remaining nations gathered their forces in a valley known as Bloodrock; it was there that they would make their final stand against the seemingly endless barbaric masses. Serik Khanu, son of Gravus Khanu, leader of the armies of Ghol, stood with Durok Nessin, King of the Shorites and Elathan Hern, High Priestess and leader of the Heru people.

Every assault left them with less soldiers and little hope for survival. Among the three leaders it was Serik’s spirit and the spirits of his soldiers that stood strong. The Bloodrock Valley was a paradise to them, effulging visions of their afterlife. Weeks turned to months and the three leaders began to exchange hostilities towards one another.

“Barbarians fight with rage not skill, all they have ever had on us is numbers. Did you think it would be easy Durok?” Serik said as he spat blood onto the battle worn soil.

“You’re the one full of scars.” Durok snapped.

Serik laughs “Perhaps that’s because I’m not hiding under the priestess’ skirt!” A few of Serik’s warriors laugh with him.

“I find that offensive Serik, you would do well to learn the Heru ways. Your people are strong yes, but severely lack in morals... just pray I don’t confuse you with the enemy.” said Elathan.

Serik’s warriors may have got them this far but he knew all too well that Elathan’s healings had sustained them.

“Our numbers which were once thousands are mere hundreds now. Be thankful for every footstep you take… every breathe...” said Elathan, still mourning the deaths of her sisters.

“Perhaps today you will see the true strength of the Ghol people. Scouts have reported a gathering larger than anything we’ve faced before… just stay behind me Elathan and I will show you how honor goes beyond the grave.” said Serik.

Hours later they were assaulted with the remaining barbarian horde, greatly outnumbered they fought with all their might. As Serik’s warriors fell their blades took life upon themselves and continued to fight long after their masters had died. Durok and Elathan watched in awe as Serik’s injuries did not cause him to falter but instead empowered his wrath. He charged blindly into the fray with an army of blades in his wake.

Needless to say, the barbarian expansion was halted for good that day and a legend was forged, carried forth by the blood of his allies.

[Abilities]: The King of Blades, much like Oak, can rely mainly on his summons or spec out a build that makes him more Assassin oriented. His passive abilities require him to take damage to receive the benefits. This may encourage players to stay in battle longer.

Ability 1: Honor Rebirth (toggle) – Summons spectral swords from allied corpses that will follow the King of Blades and attack enemy units. While Honor Rebirth is active the King of Blade’s mana regeneration is halted.

1: Summons up to 3 spectral swords from fallen allied corpses.

2: Summons up to 5 spectral swords from fallen allied corpses.

3: Summons up to 7 spectral swords from fallen allied corpses.

4: Summons up to 10 spectral swords from fallen allied corpses.

5: Active Honor Rebirth no longer halts mana regeneration.

Ability 2: Undying Will - Increases the damage, durability and attack speed of summoned swords.

1: Spectral sword Damage, Hit Points and Attack Speed increased by 15%.

2: Spectral sword Damage, Hit Points and Attack Speed increased by 30%.

3: Destroyed spectral swords heal nearby allied units.

Ability 3: Shredder Barrier - Surrounds the King of Blades with a barrier of blades that deals damage to any enemy that comes into melee range.

1: Deals 20 damage per second, 30 second duration.

2: Deals 40 damage per second, 60 second duration.

3: Deals 60 damage per second, 90 second duration.

4: Shredder Barrier gains a 10% chance to eviscerate.

Ability 4: Immortal Wound – A brutal attack that deals damage and lowers the target's maximum Hit Points until death. Once Immortal Wound is used on a target it becomes immune to effect of Immortal Wound until death.

1: Deals 400 damage, Lowers maximum Hit Points by 5%.

2: Deals 600 damage, Lowers maximum Hit Points by 10%.

3: Deals 800 damage, Lowers maximum Hit Points by 15%.

Ability 5: Rushing Fury – The King of Blades charges towards an enemy causing damage and stunning his target. Small creatures in the way may be tossed into the air.

1: Deals 300 damage, Stuns target for 1.5 seconds.

2: Deals 500 damage, Stuns target for 2.0 seconds.

3: Deals 700 damage, Stuns target for 2.5 seconds.

4: Deals 900 damage, Stuns target and nearby enemies for 2.5 seconds.

Ability 6: Battle Wounds - As the King of Blades drops in health, his regeneration and attack damage increases.

1: At 80% Hit Points the King of Blades gains +7% Regeneration and Attack Damage.

2: At 50% Hit Points the King of Blades gains +14% Regeneration and Attack Damage.

3: At 30% Hit Points the King of Blades gains +20% Regeneration and Attack Damage.

Ability 7: Relentless Spirit – As the King of Blades drops in health, his attack speed increases.

1: At 80% Hit Points the King of Blades gains +6% Attack Speed.

2: At 50% Hit Points the King of Blades gains +12% Attack Speed.

3: At 30% Hit Points the King of Blades gains +18% Attack Speed.

4: At 10% Hit Points the King of Blades gains +50% Evasion.

=======

*Edited and reposted in hopes of better feedback in the ‘Demigod Ideas’ forums*

An interesting thing I noticed about the Demigods is that none of them carry a sword. I actually think that’s rather impressive as when creating a ‘hero’ type of character a sword usually comes to mind. Even Lord Erebus uses a scepter, which I find weird, but cool. So, I believe a sword wielding Demigod is in order and the King of Blades would fit the bill. Also thought it would fit since the ‘Dark’ Demigod side has a queen (QoT) that the ‘Light’ Demigod side should get a king.

I really hope this game doesn’t lose its foundation with the Demigod lore. Each one has a theme and pretty unique story that makes them interesting to play. I hope that the new Demigods will be as interesting as the original ones.

Let me know what you think about the King of Blades. Thanks for reading.

~Franklin

+4 Karma | 10 Replies
May 1, 2009 3:57:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sounds pretty cool, and definitely different than the other demigods (which will eventually become the hard part... coming up with new playstyles).

May 1, 2009 4:41:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JudeTepes,
Sounds pretty cool, and definitely different than the other demigods (which will eventually become the hard part... coming up with new playstyles).

Glad you like him. Thanks for post.

May 1, 2009 7:05:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Other then immortal wound being far to effective, i have no real issues with this. Immortal Wound would be more manageable if it simply delt a % of the targets Max HP as damage. making it more useful in combat, and less of a massive annoience.

May 1, 2009 7:17:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Really nice work, but immortal wound debuff should be time-limited... not only "till you die" limit.

May 1, 2009 9:23:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Other then immortal wound being far to effective, i have no real issues with this. Immortal Wound would be more manageable if it simply delt a % of the targets Max HP as damage. making it more useful in combat, and less of a massive annoience.

Really nice work, but immortal wound debuff should be time-limited... not only "till you die" limit.

Glad you like the Demigod idea.

Immortal Wound is supposed to be a nasty ability; the damage isn’t that great it’s the effect that makes it powerful. Also to balance it they become immune to the effect once they’re struck with the ability. It may prove overpowered… could lower the max hit point percentage or deal a percentage of the max hit points like suggested if it becomes unbalancing. Though hard to say as I cannot play test.

Thanks for posts.

May 2, 2009 2:07:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cool post. really good ideas. nice fluff story too. 

May 2, 2009 2:17:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Edge585,
Immortal Wound is supposed to be a nasty ability; the damage isn’t that great it’s the effect that makes it powerful. Also to balance it they become immune to the effect once they’re struck with the ability. It may prove overpowered… could lower the max hit point percentage or deal a percentage of the max hit points like suggested if it becomes unbalancing. Though hard to say as I cannot play test.

You could also give it an infinite duration, but make it possible to cure it via a standard purge (Shield, Heal, Mist).  Or if you want to be nastier, only curable via the health crystal.  That gives people a way to get rid of it, but not a free one; they have to decide between leaving the front lines and continuing to fight at a handicap.  I'm not sure whether it would work out, but it seems better than being permanent until death to me.

May 2, 2009 3:25:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You could also give it an infinite duration, but make it possible to cure it via a standard purge (Shield, Heal, Mist). Or if you want to be nastier, only curable via the health crystal. That gives people a way to get rid of it, but not a free one; they have to decide between leaving the front lines and continuing to fight at a handicap. I'm not sure whether it would work out, but it seems better than being permanent until death to me.

Hmm, I agree. Either would do.

May 2, 2009 5:00:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice job, like the story that went along with it.

May 2, 2009 5:25:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cool post. really good ideas. nice fluff story too.

Nice job, like the story that went along with it.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the story.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.