The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

No, Pantheons back to 2 vs 1

By on April 30, 2009 11:05:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just got into a game with THREE players. That's right, THREE. Two Rooks vs. Erebus. Well, Erebus didn't win. No AI for the gimped player. How is this EVEN possible. I give credit to the Erebus player. He stuck it out all the way through. He told me that it was happening to him ALL night. I felt bad for the guy. All he got was 10 favor points to show for it.

I heard the matchmaking was f-ed up, but I thought they meant connection problems. I didn't know they meant THIS kind of problem. How does this EVEN happen??

Jorune

+1 Karma | 14 Replies
April 30, 2009 11:18:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well you see Erebus is OP so they substitute for that and take away the AI thus making it even.

April 30, 2009 11:24:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah I just finished a 2v1 10k dominate map on crucible.  Worst matchup on the worst game type on my least favorite map..Luckily I was on the winning team and got 210 favor but who cares when favor is broken?

If a player drops, then they MUST get replaced with a hard AI at the very least.

May 1, 2009 1:29:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well you see Erebus is OP so they substitute for that and take away the AI thus making it even.

qft

May 1, 2009 10:02:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Despayre,
Yeah I just finished a 2v1 10k dominate map on crucible.  Worst matchup on the worst game type on my least favorite map..Luckily I was on the winning team and got 210 favor but who cares when favor is broken?

If a player drops, then they MUST get replaced with a hard AI at the very least.

that's the thing, no player was dropped. It set the game up as a 2vs1. in another thread I just found, it appears this happens often and may be a result of the matchmaking trying to even the score so that light side pantheon is still worth it (because the dark side is so far ahead). But its so NOT FUN.

jorune

May 1, 2009 11:38:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i won my 2 v 1, and i was the 1. usaully its low skilled players verus one skilled player

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/323592/player/18894/

May 1, 2009 12:06:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have just made a tweak to the match making system to try and limit the chances of getting in a 2v1 match.  But its not entirely possible where it could happen based on skill levels.

May 1, 2009 1:41:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting T-Man,
I have just made a tweak to the match making system to try and limit the chances of getting in a 2v1 match.  But its not entirely possible where it could happen based on skill levels.

I just had 3 battles in a row with 2vs1 2 of them me vs 2 lol and it didnt go well of course.

I cant seem to understand where the devs would have thought it would be fun to play 2vs1 when the one alone doesnt have anything extra to make up for this.

I dont mind fighting all alone, just give me something (i dunno what it should be) just to make it abit more fair

May 1, 2009 2:47:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

People can play 2 vs 1.

In custom game.

Pantheon is no place for it.  Can't imagine what the Devs were thinking implementing this.

May 1, 2009 2:57:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol i doubt it was on purpose.

May 1, 2009 3:02:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i been playen 2v2 i wish they would implement 3v3 its so much better. but yea i been in 2v1 match3es and i drop from them imediatly.

May 1, 2009 3:39:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2 v 1 is not even a game worth playing, regardless if the 1 can somehow win due to incompetance on the other side.

This should NEVER happen.

May 1, 2009 6:06:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting T-Man,

What, skill levels? how wouldt the game know that I'm good enough to kill two allone? I just had 3 games in pantheon and lost one, my overall is nearly 60% so im not so strong.

Maybe it could work in a 3v2 game that skill can egal the chances.

But it also start a game when 1 of 4 jump off the game, and then it starts 1v2. Thats a bug! Stay to it!

May 2, 2009 3:22:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting T-Man,

Much appreciated!

I hope the doubters read this and realize that GPG and Stardock REALLY ARE trying to whip this game into shape.

Jorune

May 2, 2009 3:45:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just got into a 2v1, I was the 1, playing Rook.  The thing that got me, is first of all we were playing with 3 people on a giant map (Zikurat) and the gametype was Dominate.  For those of you who don't know what dominate is, it means you have to hold flags to win.  I am playing Rook.  On a giant map.  Against two people (no ai).  What the hell?  Even the most retarded players out there could easily hold more flags in a 2v1.  I can understand maybe a person winning by themselves in Conquest or Fortress....but in Dominate that just isn't even possible.  I would have to spend every piece of gold I earned on teleport scrolls and capture locks to have a remote chance of losing with any kind of dignity.

How does this kind of thing even make it into the game?  It was in beta right?  Did anybody play the game during that time period?  Not that it really matters, Pantheon is such a joke.  I have never heard of an automatching system that will create 2v1s or worse yet, put ai controlled players in the game to feed the opponants gold.  The only way to really play this game that is worth a damn is custom games, and it is still a pain in the ass.

I think this is the first Pantheon game I have lost...so maybe that increased my chances of getting a 2v1.  But if 2v1s are going to be possible the 'Dominate' gametype needs to be removed from Pantheon entirely.

Gahhahblah

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000343   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.