The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

"Fan"tastic support from stardock

By on April 30, 2009 5:26:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The Fan is in quotes because that's what it takes to say they have good support at Stardock.  For those that have followed some of my postings and gripes on multiplayer not being playable you know the history.

Basically I complained on this site to let others know that it really isn't fixed yet (even though some fans claim it is).  And I get called a whiner.  So I then get told to take them up on their Gamers Bill of Rights (GBOR).  So I email stardock and request a full refund.  They say I have to mail the product to them and wait several weeks for a refund...oh and I have to pay shipping and insurance charges.  At no point did I ever agree to the terms of the refund as I requested that they pay shipping and they said nope.  So the deal was off.

Well they then revoke my license from using demigod!  That's right they revoked my license on demigod.  Yeah I know the fanboys [Derogatory statement removed. You talk to your mother like that?] will get a good laugh at that, but I got to tell you I haven't received that bad of support even when dealing with Indian Dell support 6 years ago.

Stardock has taken poor support to a whole new level.  I would give them a grade of F, but that would mean they coudn't get worse and from what I'm seeing they are working on getting worse.

Don't believe the hype that fans spew about their support...any company that will revoke a license key while the customer is still out his $40 is a sham of a company.  If it was a mistake I'll accept their apology and promise to not allow this to happen to other customers.

+2 Karma | 79 Replies
April 30, 2009 10:08:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In any case, I'm not sure who Visitored you, but making a puppet account to come to your own defense (yes, we can tell) doesn't help your case much at all.

*grin*

I find it amusing that he wouldn't realize these things aren't difficult to see.

April 30, 2009 10:44:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't know too much about typically returning a boxed product (whether you need to pay shipping or not), but if it's true that the returner has to pay shipping, then Stardock is being pretty lenient here.

Most companies, when they release buggy software won't give you a refund of any kind.  Frankly, I'm impressed with Stardock.

April 30, 2009 11:00:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pssst...I think he left..!

April 30, 2009 11:28:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sad day if he left, as much as I hate his posts he still created a balance of sorts...a balance that brings bile to my throat everytime I think of it but balance nonetheless. I wouldn't mind him leaving, but I for one will miss that misguided son of a bitch teehee

May 1, 2009 2:48:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting schlista,
Also something for you defenders of stardock to consider...what do they do if I DON'T use the same email address to ask for the refund?  They have to either tell me they need my ID so they can deactivate my account before I can ship it back to them.  So yeah, I'm pretty sure they just read my posts here and thought we'll get even with him and ban his account.  How dare someone complain about our borked up game.

You are not the center of the world.

You are not the worst offender of Stardock -  by a far stretch.

If they wanted to ban you, you would not be able to post.

Your reasoning seems very self centerd and flawed.

Also you might ask yourself, if there are fanboys of Stardock, what did Stardock to get them?!

Hint: In my case many years of good games and stellar support.

If your experiance is bad, return the game and never buy of them again.

And, since you are posting the same old stuff agian and again and again, and i am bored of you, i request an ignore function.

Thanks.

May 1, 2009 9:30:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting OsirisDawn,

If they wanted to ban you, you would not be able to post.

You know if they did ban him he wouldn't be able to reply to your post unless he created an alt account like the MaryScary account. So it looks like they did ban him for complaining about their service and game.

I think I'll take his advice and stick with the pirated copy of this game.  Thanks for the free game stardock.

May 1, 2009 9:31:05 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Windexglow,
Pssst...I think he left..!

Pssst...I think they banned him for reporting that their game is broken and that they ripped him off on the refund.

May 1, 2009 9:39:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nope.

May 1, 2009 9:47:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DemiGodHell,

Quoting Windexglow, reply 3Pssst...I think he left..!

Pssst...I think they banned him for reporting that their game is broken and that they ripped him off on the refund.

I think I smell a second dummy account

Nick Name:
DemiGodHell
Member Number:

May 1, 2009 9:53:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nope.

lol

May 1, 2009 10:01:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think I smell a second dummy account

I wouldn't be surprised, really.

May 1, 2009 10:14:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I wasn't surprised.  Banned DemiGodHell.

May 1, 2009 10:51:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shirley,
I wasn't surprised.  Banned DemiGodHell.

Stardock 2, Troll 0

On one hand thread should probably be locked, but on the other hand the troll may spread to other parts of the forum if it can't post here.

May 1, 2009 10:51:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Eh, this thread is too entertaining to lock

May 1, 2009 10:54:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What is suprising is how much "Stardock" support this thread is getting... while there is a thread that is over 1 week old (still on the first page of Technical Support Forums) with 3 pages of comments about crashing, when failed to connect to another player, and there are ZERO "Stardock" responses to that thread about any kind of fix or even acknowledgment of the problem... How about we see some care for the customers that want to stick around and get things working instead of the ones that are crying and will probably leave either way.

Just a Thought

Bart.

May 1, 2009 10:58:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3 pages of comments about crashing, when failed to connect to another player

We're aware of it, but as it's something the devs need to deal with, there's no workaround to be given there.

May 1, 2009 11:05:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting KillaBart,
What is suprising is how much "Stardock" support this thread is getting... while there is a thread that is over 1 week old (still on the first page of Technical Support Forums) with 3 pages of comments about crashing, when failed to connect to another player, and there are ZERO "Stardock" responses to that thread about any kind of fix or even acknowledgment of the problem... How about we see some care for the customers that want to stick around and get things working instead of the ones that are crying and will probably leave either way.

Just a Thought

Bart.

You should read Frogboy's journals. At least half of the things in them are explaining this and similar issues.

May 1, 2009 11:14:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

Quoting Annatar11,

You should read Frogboy's journals. At least half of the things in them are explaining this and similar issues.

Which Journal? I'm probably looking in the wrong section or something because last post by frogboy on connection issues i could find was from April 17th, 2009 (2 weeks ago).

And Kryo... it would be nice to hook the devs up with a twitter account or something... it would be at least nice to hear "Spent 14 hours working code today thank fully lunch was on frogboy... on the bright side we are 70% towards having a fix." I am pretty sure that I'm not the only human being that enjoys frequent updates on the status of things

B.

May 1, 2009 11:54:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Which Journal? I'm probably looking in the wrong section or something because last post by frogboy on connection issues i could find was from April 17th, 2009 (2 weeks ago).
Latest one: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/350037

The Demigod Journals link should provide the official updates you like.

May 1, 2009 11:55:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
May 1, 2009 11:57:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you

May 5, 2009 9:20:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting KillaBart,

Quoting Annatar11, reply 17

Quoting Annatar11,

And Kryo... it would be nice to hook the devs up with a twitter account or something... it would be at least nice to hear "Spent 14 hours working code today thank fully lunch was on frogboy... on the bright side we are 70% towards having a fix." I am pretty sure that I'm not the only human being that enjoys frequent updates on the status of things

B.

Wouldn't you rather they spent more time fixing the game than time to tell you they're fixing the game?

Besides, you people ask for the damn world. Stardock is ran by PEOPLE. PEOPLE who needs REST. FOOD. COMFORT. TIME OFF!? For god sake, they've done more than you could ever hope to see from any other publishers out there, give them a fucking break.

And, I work in Retail. I deal with Special Order refunds DAILY. You wouldn't believe the audacity I've seen of people who think they're entitled to free product simply cuz there was a thread missing, or this window has a minor scratch that no one would notice unless they squint and focus really close on. I had a case where this woman bought $2000 of carpet, had it installed and turned around a year and 4 months later go, "this carpet is filthy dirty so it's defective! I want my money back!"

Stardock isn't being unreasonable at all. Get your head out of your ass and pay the damn shipping. Hell, we'd probably start a S&H fund for you just to get you to stfu!

May 6, 2009 5:27:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I work in the video game industry as a software engineer.  From a work point of view, I totally sympathize with Stardock and their employees.  However, from a consumer point of view, they drop the ball and that's pretty much a fact.  They're nice enough to give refunds which many game companies don't but regardless of that, their product didn't quite work as described - at least in the first couple weeks.

While the OP seems to have gone a little overboard in his raging out, he still does have a point somewhat.  In his mind, the game doesn't work _at all_.  Because of that, he feels he shouldn't have to pa a dime for it.  Not for the product itself and not fo S&H. 

Quoting MishYu,

And, I work in Retail. I deal with Special Order refunds DAILY. You wouldn't believe the audacity I've seen of people who think they're entitled to free product simply cuz there was a thread missing, or this window has a minor scratch that no one would notice unless they squint and focus really close on. I had a case where this woman bought $2000 of carpet, had it installed and turned around a year and 4 months later go, "this carpet is filthy dirty so it's defective! I want my money back!"

The example you gave isn't like this scenario at all.  A more appropriate example would be one where you buy a product that barely works immediately after purchase.  The fact that Stardock is putting in a lot of effort to fix the issue is irrelevant to the fundamental problem that the product was broken.  A product is graded on its value at release and not on future promises.

I'm not complaining about this, mind you - I know some the woes of software engineering... especially when it involves desperate bug fixes directly after release.

May 6, 2009 5:32:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JinxOfSin,
The example you gave isn't like this scenario at all.  A more appropriate example would be one where you buy a product that barely works immediately after purchase.  The fact that Stardock is putting in a lot of effort to fix the issue is irrelevant to the fundamental problem that the product was broken.  A product is graded on its value at release and not on future promises.

I'm not complaining about this, mind you - I know some the woes of software engineering... especially when it involves desperate bug fixes directly after release.

The example I gave wasn't to match this thread exactly. The example was to show how outrageous some people can be when they think they're entittled to everything.

May 6, 2009 5:39:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@Schlista...

People acting like you only serve to validate/justify the treatment gamers get from companies like EA, ActiBlizz, Atari, Ubi and others - just stop it. Grow up and man-up. If not...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.