The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Forces of Light, take a look at their top players.

By on April 29, 2009 12:08:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's mostly UB. Aren't there strategies for taking an UB down? Personally, everytime I fight an UB I get my ass kicked, doesn't matter what character I am. I'm not saying HEs over powered, I'm saying some of his moves are. Spit is definitely overpowered, no ifs ands or buts about it. He's a melee attacker with the most powerful long range attack in the game. That's a bit excessive. They need to nerf the shit out of it. Reduce it's range, bump up it's cooldown time, bump up mana cost especially, but leave damage as is. I assume most of the people saying it's not overpowered are the UB players who want to retain this rediculus unbalance.

Anyway, is there an effective counter to UB at the moment? Regulus is alright against him if you spam mines and stay out of range of spit, but then again that's impossible since UB is the fastest character in the game and can simply drop the spit bomb on you then run away while soaking up mine damage. Which characters and/or strategies do you guys know of that can efectively crush the UB?

Come on Forces of Light we gotta come back and win!

+17 Karma | 54 Replies
May 4, 2009 6:44:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pseudomelon,

Quoting NeoVain, reply 25
Try Oak. Put your exp points into shield, it negates the effects of spit and a lot of UBs other moves. Pestilence or whatever it's called it's extremely useful because not only does it do high damage.... it slows UB down. So if he runs off after finding out his spit bullshit didn't work, Use pest... and then give chase.... however... here's the bullshit part.... by the time you give chase and start wailing at him, he's got spit back... it has a low cooldown...and guess what... your shield will still be charging. Now you're screwed, unless you can find some creeps to keep your health up if you have divine justice and the AOE skill. Oak is the cloest I can get to beating UB... however... because of UBs fast cooldown of spit... he can still just as easily kill you. Gawd it sucks.

With his low mana pool UB can spit 3 max 4 times. Oak can survive this and with smart shield usage+ a potion stay relatively fresh aswell. Then UBs out of mana for spit or other abilities, while oak is angry as hell and ready to rumble!

QFT! Why does nobody ever seem to buy potions? The can absolutely destroy opponents who are mana dependant and hoping for that single combo to get you out of their lane and into their pocket.

The cast time on the potions is prohibitive to actually saving your life in a great number of situaions.  They aren't instant cast.

May 4, 2009 7:13:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lugh,

The cast time on the potions is prohibitive to actually saving your life in a great number of situaions.  They aren't instant cast.

If it wasn't this way, they'd be too effective. They are still very useful early game for keeping you in your lane against harrassers.

May 4, 2009 8:25:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You time the cast time on your potion if you wanna use one. If you see a sedna charging who hasnt used her stun/silence yet, then its not the time to potion...its time to run! ....awareness ownz.  All the DG abilities in the world doesnt matter if you can´t use them right. Now what do u do if you see a TB not shooting if ur sedna? The correct answer is you pounce him. Wanna know why? Because hes casting something....

Your playing ice Tb and a low hp erebus charges you...What do you do? Not rain of ice ofc...you cast your nova to time his arrival to stun him and prohibit bite and then you use rain of ice...Timing is everything.

May 4, 2009 9:04:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Armored Sedna.  Level 1 heals for more than Level 1 spit.  Level 3 Heals remove spit.  Armor neuters his autoattacks.  That gets rid of his two most powerful abilities.  Meanwhile you pounce every few seconds for 1000 damage and your minion priests keep you healthy.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000032   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.