The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

PC NPD Sales With Demigod

By on April 29, 2009 9:06:20 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The latest NPD sales for PC games include Demigod, and it comes in with a very impressive #3 on the list.  Make note though, that this is only retail sales and does not include digital distribution.

The top 10 list:

1. World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Blizzard Entertainment)
2. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (EA Maxis)
3. Demigod (Gas Powered Games, Stardock)
4. Company Of Heroes: Tales Of Valor (Relic Entertainment)
5. Empire: Total War (The Creative Assembly)
6. Left 4 Dead (Valve Software)
7. World Of Warcraft Battle Chest (Blizzard Entertainment)
8. World Of Warcraft (Blizzard Entertainment)
9. The Sims 2: Apartment Life (EA Maxis)
10. Spore (EA Maxis)

Link: GamaSutra

+460 Karma | 21 Replies
April 29, 2009 9:20:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

we can effectively exclude positions 1. and 2. by virtue of them being subscription services.

lol, yes i did just say that about The Sims; have you seen what they do to keep people suckered in?

April 29, 2009 9:30:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well done, grats...the only other one I have on the list is Empire:TW and although they are different types of games, this is better!

April 29, 2009 10:15:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, I never expected Demigod to sell thsi well. I'm very pleasently surprised, can't wait to get home tonight and play it fro another 6 hours straight

April 29, 2009 10:24:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was hoping Demigod will get #1.               Empire:TW was first place on it's launch week.

My guess is that #1 WoW Lich King gets about 20k sales based on past WoW:burning crusade weekly sales.  Lets hope it's very close between 3rd and 1st place.

April 29, 2009 11:03:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hey Brad!

Post the "successful downloads" # from The Pirate Bay!

...CaesarsGhost is a legal owner of the game... before I get flamed.

April 29, 2009 11:15:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^ flammmmme

jk

congrats stardock

April 29, 2009 11:24:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes!! i was hoping this game would succeed

the more sales=more players=better multiplayer

April 29, 2009 12:46:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's sales based on the week... It's a nice start, but it'd be really impressive if Demigod can stay on those charts.

April 29, 2009 1:25:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bricks....just bricks

April 29, 2009 6:14:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That's very impressive, especially considering the fact that a good portion of sales probably came from Impulse (I mysefl bought the game from Impulse).  After the botched launch I wasn't expecting the game to do this well. Congrats Stardock and GPG!

April 29, 2009 7:20:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm confused, there are no numbers. Why do you all assume it sold well? How do you know 3rd place isn't 10k copies? Honestly, what the hell?

It beat out two extremely nitche rts games. That isn't saying much at all.

Put some numbers with it, then you can say it's impressive. Be realistic. Sad that I have to point this out and that I will be considered a nay-sayer for taking this for what it is.

April 29, 2009 7:47:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NPD numbers are obsolete on the PC. Digital distribution sales already trump retail so theorectically anyone one of those games or games not even listed could be selling more than #1 on the list. I'd rather see some publisher released total sales figures although they won't happen it's the only way you can really gauge PC game sales any longer.

April 29, 2009 8:01:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Let's not forget digital downloads. With them, Demigod is probably #1.

May 1, 2009 6:36:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

many games are #1 in the first week, because of the pre-orders.

it will be interesting to see where the game stands in week 2-4.

May 2, 2009 12:15:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod sold more Digitaly then it did Retail.  If those were counted, it would be #1.

May 2, 2009 5:47:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, you don't know that. Other games could have sold buckets digitally for all you know

May 2, 2009 5:53:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting techubus,
Demigod sold more Digitaly then it did Retail.  If those were counted, it would be #1.

Yeah sure, the 3 games below it are on Steam. I would assume that a game on Steam will vastly outsell a game only found on Impulse. I'm no Valve fan, but I can at least recognize that Steam leads the digital distribution platform on pc.

May 2, 2009 9:48:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cool beans!

May 4, 2009 1:04:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Are any charts for last week out there ?

May 4, 2009 2:32:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DemiCom,
Are any charts for last week out there ?

Demigod is still in the top 10.  Demigod is 6th place on it's second week dropping from 3rd place the previous week.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/US-PC-Sales-Left-4-Dead-Makes-Some-Noise-17273.html

May 5, 2009 6:15:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not bad, hopefully it stays on the chart for 3-4 weeks , maybe longer, as there isn't much good coming out till Ghostbusters .

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000547   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.