The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

search button on same row as Welcome username returns no results

By on April 29, 2009 2:36:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Even on searches for things like "erebus" or "stardock" I'm getting no results...  I'm using chrome but I wouldn't have expected this to be a client side problem, I get the search results page... there's just no search results.  I can upload a screen shot if you want to provide a somewhere to upload it

+3 Karma | 4 Replies
April 29, 2009 3:39:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

assuming you are posting from demigod, in sins of a soalar empire the forum search works for the examples you provided, have you tried a 'hard refresh' (ctrl & F5)?

harpo

April 29, 2009 6:42:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am posting from demigod, sorry It didn't occur to me that this would be a shared forum...  

Ok it appears to work now, but I'm using my home pc,  I'll try once more from work and see how it goes there.  Just for the record I did try it about 5 times throughout yesterday, so there was definitely a period where it wasn't working for me, not just a one off.

May 4, 2009 6:33:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do you have javascript disabled at work?  Or perhaps your work network is blocking some sites from Google?  We use Google search as our primary search, which uses javascript to help power it.  So if either javascript is disabled or parts of Google are blocked at your job, then our search will not work for you.

Bara

May 5, 2009 12:17:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interstingly enough it doesn't work at work using chrome, I'm not blocking javascript, nor is google blocked, however I do have privoxy installed with a bunch of add filters so it's possible that one is giving it some grief...  It's no big deal though, I don't really need to search through threads that often

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.