The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Validation system broken

By on April 28, 2009 1:55:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You guys do aware that your account validation system is broken?

I am trying to activate my account (Czuka), but alway get and email with this:

Code: php
  1. System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(String address) at Stardock.Net.WebToolbox.DownloadPage(String Url)

I understand that you may having a problem with server. In this case can you, please, activate my account manualy?

This is a second account, which I created just to tell you about the issue.

0 Karma | 4 Replies
April 28, 2009 7:01:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exactly the same issue here with user bluhoney, so i created this. seems validation when u create a new account works just fine, but it won't send a validation for accounts that arn't already

Code: asp.net
  1. System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(String address) at Stardock.Net.WebToolbox.DownloadPage(String Url)

as above, please fix or manually validate my original account

April 28, 2009 7:37:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Web team is aware and working on it.

May 7, 2009 6:39:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I belive I have a solution to this problem, or at least it worked for me.  I was getting the same error

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(String address) at Stardock.Net.WebToolbox.DownloadPage(String Url)

with my everytime attmept to validate my email.  However, I went and activated a STARDOCK.NET account (different than impulse) using the same email address as the one I wanted to validate.  Search up stardock.net account to find it.  This resolved my problem, and will hopefully resolve yours.

May 11, 2009 6:16:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This should be fixed now, thanks to T-Man.

Bara

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.