The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Impulse Anywhere vs. new versions of Demigod.

By on April 28, 2009 12:46:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so, i'm a poor university student, that lives in Australia. needless to say my home's internet is very slow, and is under a heavy quota.

as such, i've been making use of Impulse Anywhere to ferry peices of Demigod from uni. to home so i can build it there. however, Today, as i was about to download the final pieces, i noticed that the naming system for files has changed.

the pieces are now named; Demigod Data v1.00.055.im<##> according to their reative order, as opposed to simply Demigod Data.im<##>

obviously, a newer patch has come out.

however, will i be able to get the final pieces and use my existing (non version numbered) to build my copy of Demigod, or have i just been shafted?

either way, the ambiguity caused here really needs to be fixed; there's no mention on the Anywhere pages of how the system handles patches.

+37 Karma | 8 Replies
April 28, 2009 2:03:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The system doesn't handle patchs. It always gives you the latest available version.

April 28, 2009 5:42:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so, i've lost three days worth of ferrying stuff from uni, and will have to do it all again?

FUUuu--

April 28, 2009 5:50:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so, i've lost three days worth of ferrying stuff from uni, and will have to do it all again?

I guess I am missing something. Can't you download all files at one time?

April 28, 2009 8:28:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

April 28, 2009 11:01:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah, i also have to cart my uni. work back and forth too (which, unfortunately is many hundreds of MB too).

because i also have lectures and stuff to go to, my time in front of a computer is controlled too, so i'm limited to about 750MB (three pieces) per day.

April 29, 2009 9:19:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Answered on IRC, but for everyone else's benefit, you will indeed beed to redownload the older parts if you have some parts from an older version and some from the current.

April 29, 2009 9:26:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

At least the patch frequency will die down probably after this or next week, so it wouldn't be so bad.

April 30, 2009 1:42:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this incident pressured me to fix my laptop so i could download it onto there. now i have;

• access to a working computer (as opposed to the unmaintained PoS's to be found at the uni),
  • a chance to finally put my Win7 key to good use (ZOMG! Win7 is fecking amazing),
  • an up-to-date Demigod! (who would've known that the uni's wireless is (over) nine times faster than the 100mbit connection the actual computers have)

i know Anywhere is still in beta, but would it be possible to maintain the previous version of programs too? it'll save some people (like myself. XP) a few days and smoe heart-ache.

Gl; HF.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.