The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

New Demigod #1 Concepts

Feel free to add your ideas here

By on April 27, 2009 12:40:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

These are just my ideas, feel free to add.

Name of Demigod: TBD

Type of Demigod: General

General description: More of a classic wizard. Carries a staff, wears long robes.

Abilities:

Ability 1.

1. Set totems that give friendly Demigods 20% more experience in a given area.  (level 1)
  2.  Totems  now also give friendly Demigods 20% more HP in a given area. Last 30 seconds. (level 3)
  3.  totems now also  give friendly Demigods 20% more attack damage in a given area. Lasts 30 seconds. (level 8).
  4. totelms now also give friendly demigods 20% more armor in a given area. (level 10)
Abiilty 2.
  1. Spell: Immunity. Makes friendly demigods immune from attacks for 2,3,4 seconds (depending on level).
Ability 3.
      1. Magic Missile. Sends 1,2,4,8 magic missles (depending on level) at a target area that does area damage.

Ability 5.
  1. Charm beast.  Causes 15%, 30%, 45% of enemy reinforcements to switch sides depending on level.
Ability 6.  Magic Armor. Provides 400, 800, 1200, 1600 armor depending on level.

Ability 7.  Melee Combat.  Base melee damage with staff adds 5 times level, 10 times level, 20 times level.

Ability 8. Money Purse. Provides 2, 4, 8 more gold per second to that player.
Thoughts?

+912 Karma | 292 Replies
April 27, 2009 1:48:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think someone said it before me but somebody with an invisibility skill. This lasts for x amount of seconds or until you perform an attack. Players can't target you while you are invisible but AoE damage hurts you. Have this skill be on an assasin demi-god whos specials deal high damage but have long recharge times. Maybe speed boosts and critical hits. They have low armor so they have to run in strike and then get out.

April 27, 2009 1:52:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm going to /sign on coming up with something other than Immunity (and I'm an Oak player.)

Anatarr11's idea I think is perfect....either a blink that is essentially a small range teleport (just enough to get out of most melee or short range attacks; still sucker to Regulus etc.) or  Invisibility. The idea of a possible scout general could be kinda fun, especially with the Charm Beasts skill. Get up behind enemies, charm beasts right when allies clash, and now that your invisibility dropped, unload some totems.

April 27, 2009 1:58:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just wanted to point out that it looks nice but the gold income can give this character to much of an advantage , maybe if its on a higher level (didnt see the level caps for it) and giving you an insane push advantage with 2x wizards with gold income and charm beast

April 27, 2009 2:02:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ability 1.

Set totems that give friendly Demigods 20% more experience in a given area.  (level 1)
 Totems  now also give friendly Demigods 20% more HP in a given area. Last 30 seconds. (level 3)
 totems now also  give friendly Demigods 20% more attack damage in a given area. Lasts 30 seconds. (level 8).
totelms now also give friendly demigods 20% more armor in a given area. (level 10)

Totems  now also give friendly Demigods 20% better connectivity in a given area (Europe). Lasts 30 seconds. (level 21) < awww damn

April 27, 2009 2:03:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He could be a human mage that reached an emense level of power.

A higher enough level to challenge the DemiGods for Godhood.

Flavor issues solved.

April 27, 2009 2:06:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

dont really need to point out the flavor issue as they probably will add the story later , a traditional wizard doesnt mean hes one of 5000 wizards

April 27, 2009 2:07:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Annatar11

This would be way open to abuse by team griefers, though, so it's a bad idea

Yeah, I realize.  It could be worked around though, via a command or option in the game.  I think its too cool of an ability to veto on the premise of  easy griefing.  It'd be like banning flashbangs in Counterstrike because you could flash your team :/

April 27, 2009 2:10:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For a general:

Amorpheus blob, his minions spawn from his dripping globs. His minions explode on contact deal high damage. Melee attacks do next to nill to him because of his gelatin state.

April 27, 2009 2:10:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Renevent,

Quoting lprometheus, reply 22
Name of Demigod: Tactician

Type of Demigod: General

General description: General focused on building structures to give tactical advantages to the battlefield

This will never happen to hard to balance and from the first day of the beta players have been told now RTS building.

That really isn't "RTS building", and is pretty similar to the Rook setting up towers anyways...

I agree if rook can build towers I am sure this could be done.  Heck look how easy they made it to build walls in Supreme Commander... and this even uses a modified game engine of that.

April 27, 2009 2:12:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Magic missiles to be massive, but targeted at random to unitswithin range. Fearful if casted when a demigod is alone.

Temporal immunity twiced in time, but immunity only to spells, not basic attacks.

April 27, 2009 2:16:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting StealthyItalian,
For a general:

Amorpheus blob, his minions spawn from his dripping globs. His minions explode on contact deal high damage. Melee attacks do next to nill to him because of his gelatin state.

April 27, 2009 2:20:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ability 1.

Set totems that give friendly Demigods 20% more experience in a given area.  (level 1)
 Totems  now also give friendly Demigods 20% more HP in a given area. Last 30 seconds. (level 3)
 totems now also  give friendly Demigods 20% more attack damage in a given area. Lasts 30 seconds. (level 8).
totelms now also give friendly demigods 20% more armor in a given area. (level 10)

seems nice to me, i would probably switch dmg with armor

Abiilty 2.

Spell: Immunity. Makes friendly demigods immune from attacks for 2,3,4 seconds (depending on level).

i dont like this, many demigod has already a defensive shield, i vote NO!

i would prefer a defensive tactical skill like teleport or sprint or maybe even a reflect shield

Ability 5.

Charm beast.  Causes 15%, 30%, 45% of enemy reinforcements to switch sides depending on level.

very nice, i love this one

rest of skills are ok

April 27, 2009 2:34:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My wish:

a biomechanic creature -> HR.Giger Style !

April 27, 2009 2:40:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hell I'm just gonna throw this out there. Make it a woman. We already have 6 men. Then again... What is Unclean Beast?

lol, it's rainin men...anywho, I like this concept, I'm not going to judge until I've seen how he...or she interacts with the other dg's. Thanks frogboy! YOU ROCK!

April 27, 2009 2:45:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook is male? How can you tell? It must've been one hellishly sexy castle for the god to want to make him.

April 27, 2009 2:51:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can the totems be targetted and destroyed?

I assume the xp bonus would potentially be countered by the fact that you are giving more xp to the enemy when those charmed creeps get killed? Using one without the other would be risky.  I could not see myself using charm creeps until late in the game when people are almost level 20 and there are a LOT of upgraded creeps around.

Tbh I'm not sure how much I like the idea.  It would be really easy for a newb on your team to get charm creeps/no totem/feed the enemy team and throw the game for you.  It is too easy for one player to lose it for you now as is imho.

April 27, 2009 3:00:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the concept and the powers.  I do think that this doesn't quite meet the requirements of a standard mage.  Maybe a slight cosmetic change toward a Druid Concept. 

You can then skin the totems as Trees (Trees of Life and Knowledge). 

Charm Beast ability works but, change to name to Befriend Beast.  You already have a "charm" ability.

Change the name of the Magic Armor to Bark Skin, Add a wood texture to the models.

Change the Magic Immunity from Friendly only to all Demigods.  Have it take out all magical effects, both positive and negative.  Have it cancel all equipment boosts as well at the highest level.  It'd be a great way to soften a powerful demigod.

Change Magic Missle.  Have a lightning bolt ability that arcs between characters to do area damage, similar to the Warlords Wand but, with higher levels more damage, larger arc range, maybe a slight speed reduction on the target.

Change the Staff ability to Charge Stave.  Have a lightning bolt strike the staff and improve damage.  Combo that with Magic Lightning to sig improve damage.

Remove the Gold Ability.  A mage would be able to have an Alchemy talent, Dross to Gold.  Druids, not so much.

In it's place, Create WickerMen.  Basically, transforms your reinforcements into Special Minions.  Each level transforms twice as much.  They have to be loyal though and don't get any real boosts to life or power.  You can either use them to create the Totems or as mobile bombs in another ability, Fiery Harvest.  All Wickerman explode dealing damage in a radius.

For a more "Pure Mage" concept, 

1.  Magic Circle, increase damage (including ability damage) and armor within the area of effect for friendly forces.  At higher levels, increase health and mana regen.  This'll create forward strong points for a push or defense.

2.  Spell Shield, acting like a Bramble Shield, prevents a single Ability or Item from affecting the demigod.  Doesn't affect normal attacks.  Increasing the level increases either number of Blocks or length of protection.  For purposes of the screen effect, white motes of light circling the character indicate how many charges.

3.  Magic Missle.  A classic.  I'd make it long range, similar to a snipe with a fraction of the power, say 100 points per level or multitargetable, Cast once-select multiple targets in the area by drag selecting or clicking. 

4.  Charm Beast should change to Sleep.  Cause all enemies to fall asleep.  They can't move or attack but, any single hit will wake them up.  This would be his interrupt/escape spell.  2,3,4,5 secs with an ultimate ability of Deep Sleep.  Only a larger attack would wake them up.  Demigods get taken out for the full time. 

5.  Transmutation, Cast to change Cloth to Metal or Metal to Cloth.  On a friendly, boost armor.  On a foe, cancel armor.

6.  Dross to Gold.  Increase gold income.

7.  Summon Golem.  A single minion with good HP, targetable as a demigod.  Gives gold and xp when killed and/or costs gold to create.

8a  Speed Golem.  Golem gets faster.  (Mulitple levels)

8b  Power Golem.  Golem does more damage (Multiple Level)

Aura Golem.  Golem gets an aura.  (Multiple levels)

This version of the demigod give you a lot of basic tropes of Wizards but, you need to decide which of several roles your character will fill.  Close support, Artillery, or Factory for a Powerful unit. 

April 27, 2009 3:05:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I Love the nercromancer/support type of Demigod. The current General's "pets" doesn't seem to be much invovled or awestrucking (though the yetis look pretty huge...).

A support Demigod with maybe a dash of offensive skill would be pretty sick. I would love to see a lot more varieties in minions though (skill wise and item wise).

This wizard dude sounds alot like anti-TB. Just give this 1 manadrain ability and he's set.

April 27, 2009 3:10:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would be really easy for a newb on your team to get charm creeps/no totem/feed the enemy team and throw the game for you

Great point here all the creeps are is eco (IE food) and charm is not a skill that will ever win the game.

April 27, 2009 3:13:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Personally I'm not so charmed by some wizzard dude. That seems too standard to me. 

The mechanic sort of idea sounds ace to me.. Would love something like that too.  

Cant we just get a fatboy in here? He can poop out his own minions.

April 27, 2009 3:14:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Tsunamirain,
Oh and I also want to add take your time with new concepts. I love how each original demigod is solid in their own unique way. Not saying you won't use any R&D, but I believe this game has a huge potential to stand above the crowd.

And yes, I know this is only a blueprint concept.

Totally agree. A 'classic' mage is like, bleh. I think Brad's been too long in Elemental I would want something frsh and different. I thought Torchbearer was the mage.

jorune

April 27, 2009 3:37:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've got another idea - what about adding Death himself as a demigod?

April 27, 2009 3:37:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ArnieDude,
Personally I'm not so charmed by some wizzard dude. That seems too standard to me. 

The mechanic sort of idea sounds ace to me.. Would love something like that too.  

Cant we just get a fatboy in here? He can poop out his own minions.

Yea the new Demigod is a too Scale Aeon Commander Take that LOL!!

April 27, 2009 3:41:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting khemintiri,
dont really need to point out the flavor issue as they probably will add the story later , a traditional wizard doesnt mean hes one of 5000 wizards

You're confusing your words.

He can be a "tradiationl" wizard (I.E. wizard hat, staff, long beard, etc) but still be one of emense power. They are different concepts.

April 27, 2009 3:49:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well if you think about it, even though the "human wizard" has been done plenty, it's still a pretty natural fit for Demigod since there's no existing human (closest is Regulus, but he's a fallen angel). So as far as "assortment of all sorts of dudes vying for power", a human wizard could certainly fit.

Not saying it's *needed*, just that inside Demigod it wouldn't have to be an overused cliche.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000859   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.