The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

GamerVision Reviews Demigod

By on April 27, 2009 8:43:15 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

GamerVision.com has put up their review of Demigod, and gives it an 8.5 and “Buy It'” recommendation!

“It should be easy to pick up for RTS advocates, different enough for anyone unfamiliar with the genre, and simply bliss for fans of Defense of the Ancients. Though it's likely worth waiting until the multiplayer issues are resolved, it's easy to recommend purchasing Demigod for anyone interested in epic battles of godly proportions.”

Link: GamerVision.com

12405980654fYdB8iXyY

+460 Karma | 4 Replies
April 27, 2009 10:30:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Eight characters might seem a little low for a game focused on multiplayer, and truth be told, it kind of is."

I wonder if they felt the same about Team Fortress 2.

April 27, 2009 10:50:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Totally different game and genre abr4.

But anyways, I think Demigods 8 characters are perfectly fine. I'd rather have less characters and more balance than more characters and rediculously unbalanced and cheap gameplay like DotA. Demigods really tight and obviously balanced, with maybe a few changes needed here and there as far as skills goes. But no Demigod is vastly overpowered, as there is a counter for each one so far as I can tell.

April 27, 2009 11:25:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Protocept00,
Totally different game and genre abr4.

If the review had said strategy / RPG mix instead of multiplayer game I'd agree. But the sentence from the review absolutely applies to TF2 as well, unless you disagree TF2  is a multiplayer game.

April 27, 2009 1:13:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I agree with abr4. Same silliness as they say with maps...how many maps did CSS, TF2 and other mp games start with? Exactly. 8 is a pretty sweet base. 8 maps, 4 game modes.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.