The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Get Rid of Favor Points (for now)

By on April 26, 2009 6:34:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As everybody knows, Favor Points are completely messed up right now.  Its not just the resets - I've had my points reset twice already today for no reason at all.

The bottom line is that favor items are REALLY powerful.  Its just not fun to play when you are the only one without favor items at all.  This is especially true in 2v2 situations, which seems to be all that Skirmish will allow nowadays.  When you are playing competant people with favor items and you have nothing, you are in a lot of trouble, especially when there are that few people.

So, until they are SURE that the favor items stuff is fixed, just remove all favor items from the game.  That levels things, and there are enough other items already.  I understand that favor items add yet another layer of strategy to the game, but its just not fun to play when you dont have them and everybody else does and its not possible for you to build up and get them.

+8 Karma | 10 Replies
April 26, 2009 6:54:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can disable them through custom games.  Don't remove the items, just unlock them for everyone so we don't have to grind for favor to purchase them and it's a level playing field.  That way they can actually add to the depth of the game.  Oh and balance them all so they're equally powerful.

April 26, 2009 7:07:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Setting all the items to 0 cost seems like a good temp fix until a real fix can go through. 

April 26, 2009 7:15:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's all pointless if you can farm in a 5min game with ai anyway.

April 26, 2009 7:32:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah it's ridiculous going into a game and having everyone get an item but you because the game has decided to delete your items and points at that moment.  Just remove them, or unlock all of them already.  Right now they are really hurting the game.

April 26, 2009 10:10:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Doggiedoodle,
You can disable them through custom games.  Don't remove the items, just unlock them for everyone so we don't have to grind for favor to purchase them and it's a level playing field.  That way they can actually add to the depth of the game.  Oh and balance them all so they're equally powerful.

Heard another person pose the idea of adding the option of "All enabled."

April 27, 2009 3:19:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dunno if it would make it work even as a temp fix. It seems like sometimes I show that I have favor pts but everything is red. The ones I have bought are just a slightly different shade of red.

April 27, 2009 3:28:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would be great to be able to test out balance and whatnot.

April 27, 2009 6:11:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hmm there is too many inbalances at the moment with favors  i prefer not having them then having them

April 27, 2009 6:41:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Either unlock  all the items or get rid of them. Favor points make the game uncompletive.

April 27, 2009 8:45:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Doggiedoodle,

I think this is the best solution.  Balance them all to be useful and then unlock them all.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000765   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.