The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Regret i bought this game (Demigod)

By on April 25, 2009 5:43:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

mpoufos

Join Date 04/2009

I ve spent 80 $ for this game and for 2 weeks now i ve only managed to play online 4 times out of 100 tries. Shame on the people that released prematurely a game that is intented for online playing without having solved the connectivity issues at first. It loos like that by the time this game is running properly starcraft 2 will be out. Give me my money back scums

Locked Post 52 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 25, 2009 6:41:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

What a wonderful and insightful post.

Have you bothered reading the forums to gain an understanding of what exactly is the issue, or bothered to contact support.

I bet not.

If you had bothered you would have found out that firstly it's not the game, and secondly that work is being done to rectify the issue at hand and that a work around for online play has been supplied by Stardock.

Since you seem to inept at helping yourself or bothering to seek such help I'll give you the link.

Imagine what could have been done for you with a better attitude.

Enjoy the game.

GameRanger

(note to Bara - I assume the OP is referring to DG, it seems obvious. But this same thread read on the SINS forum could cause some confusion, for those not paying attention. Just another place those default site banners would come in handy!!

I know your busy mate, just pointing out occurances where the feature would be handy. )

April 25, 2009 10:12:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

neilo we bought this game..... with our own money... we shouldn't do any extra work we're doing just to play 1 game in 2 hours... Such as configuring the ports in our router DHS, changing our IP, disabling our UnP and the rest of this things. Half of it I don't even know what they meant and I don't have the time to study about them.

April 25, 2009 10:19:33 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'm reading this on http://forums.galciv2.com and the game being discussed obviously isn't GC2. Please find a better (non-shared) forum to discuss this.

April 25, 2009 10:20:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RowXStryker,
neilo we bought this game..... with our own money... we shouldn't do any extra work we're doing just to play 1 game in 2 hours... Such as configuring the ports in our router DHS, changing our IP, disabling our UnP and the rest of this things. Half of it I don't even know what they meant and I don't have the time to study about them.

LAWL thats you're problem. Get rid of your antivirus, your firewall, all that other junk you throw on to help 'protect' you. Demigod is trying to connect to certain ports and you're shit is blocking it NOT DEMIGOD. Do some research before you bash you faggot.

April 25, 2009 10:41:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting dmantione,
I'm reading this on http://forums.galciv2.com and the game being discussed obviously isn't GC2. Please find a better (non-shared) forum to discuss this.

and I'm reading this on http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com

The Stardock forums are conected with each other. I really do not like it when posts from other games (actually it's only Demigod) are in the "Recent Posts" section on the frontpage of http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

April 25, 2009 10:55:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Neilo and /b/, you're not going to get much accomplished by trying to insult the OP other than starting a small flame war.  These forums are one of the few (reasonably) civilized beacons on the internet.  Please try to keep them that way.

As for the Demigod connection problem.  Yes, it sucks a lot; however, it does seem like GPG and Stardock are doing whatever they can think of to try to fix the problems.  They've personally apologized for the problems and have solved a number of them already.  If you're really frustrated, which is completely reasonable, I'd advise that you just leave the game alone for about a week.  At the rate they're going, the problems you're experiencing will hopefully get fixed by then.

Also, it's probably not a good idea to call the devs names.  A number of people on these forums are very supportive of Stardock - largely because they don't feel like the heartless mega gaming companies.  Insulting them here is likely to have a majority of people ignore you, insult you, or just be otherwise unhelpful.  Take it for what you will.

April 25, 2009 11:45:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RowXStryker,

You need do none of that with GameRanger. It has been offered as stop gap till the patches are released, as one was tonight. 

The Stardock forums are conected with each other. I really do not like it when posts from other games (actually it's only Demigod) are in the "Recent Posts" section on the frontpage of http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/

They sure are. That is the point of little note to Bara. I know full well the hassles of digging through posts on GC2, im posting this from there right now. The link at the bottom in my reply is for a thread about getting site banners in our replies (mush like the SD banners the stardockians have) that will help identify where you are posting from, be that DG, SINS, GC2, WC...JU..it gets confusing, i agree.

Dmantione, there are no unshared forums. This is by design. Believe me i understand you frustrations. i have campaigned against this cross posting for a long time. This is something i have had to learn to deal with on GC2.com and will have to endure here as well, though on DG it is not as bad as GC2..or SINS.

@JSW

Your reply confuses me. You are right, /B/'s comment was not called for. But where did i flame the OP?

I see far too many threads like this where some user strolls in, has their cry and blasts SD for this and that without ever having attempted to fix the issue or ask for help. This is the exact type of person i have seen Brad hit with the ban hammer. They expect everything to be how they want it and whinge about it when it's not.

Note i helped the guy, i even told him to enjoy the game....is that flaming? The OP needs an attitude adjustment that's for sure and i pointed it out to him. Don't lump me in with /B/.

As for the forums, i know only to well how they are. I have been on the SD forums, (GC2, WC, Impulse, Demigod) for over 3 years now. Thanks for your advice, but i don't need to be told about behavior in here. Not sure what you took offense to in my post but i never insulted anyone nor tried to start a flame war. I'm no saint that's for sure and have been in my share of flame ward over the years, but when someone posts a rude and thoughtless post like the OP i'm not going to kiss his ass for him. I sent him in the right direction.

Relax mate, no need to get upset, i think you are reading too much into my reply.

You are right though, /B/'s attitude is off the mark.

@ /B/ Chill fella, no need to make derogatory comments like that.

April 25, 2009 11:57:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's /b/ not /B/

April 25, 2009 12:06:10 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

So it is.

April 25, 2009 12:59:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Purchasing a product that does not function seems justifiable grounds for "Blasting SD" their game is broken. Its almost 2 weeks after release it is NOT acceptable.

April 25, 2009 1:01:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would totally agree  with RowXstryker i dont have a clue how to change all these things IP DHS call it whatever u want.  In any line of business when u go to buy a product you expect to get value for ur money. Why should i bother changing all these stuff? is the game referred to the IT experts community or smth? There is nothing with my attidute apart from frustration.

April 25, 2009 1:07:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

plus i dont use a firewall and antivirus is closed

April 25, 2009 1:32:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ImpurityXIII,

Quoting dmantione, reply 3I'm reading this on http://forums.galciv2.com and the game being discussed obviously isn't GC2. Please find a better (non-shared) forum to discuss this.

I agree 100%

One of the reasons why my activity on Sins forums dropped recently is the fact that Sins forums these days are anything but what they suppose to be... I see more posts about Demigod, Windows 7, Stardock Products + much more than info why I came here in the first place...

Interconnectivity might be great feature for some but I am sure it can be much better done than it currently is...

April 25, 2009 1:47:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting mpoufos,
plus i dont use a firewall and antivirus is closed

You have a router? Check that 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.1.1 (all the ones i've had) in the address bar then go to it.

Open ports from there.

April 25, 2009 1:53:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am so glad I did not buy this game. No story, no tutorial and no campaign. All you have left is a multiplayer game that does not work.

April 25, 2009 2:13:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dargoon999,
I am so glad I did not buy this game. No story, no tutorial and no campaign. All you have left is a multiplayer game that does not work.

Guessing you've never played Dota. In that case you fail sir.

April 25, 2009 2:44:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The devs are working very hard, with little sleep, to get the game working properly. If you can't wait contact [email protected] to get a refund and please stop filling the forums with this bullshit.

Thx.  

April 25, 2009 3:21:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Lost_WLd,
The devs are working very hard, with little sleep, to get the game working properly. If you can't wait contact [email protected] to get a refund and please stop filling the forums with this bullshit.

Thx.  

What bullshit? the guy has a legitimite problem, he bought the game and can't play with it. Its not a single player game, its a multiplayer game but can't connect??? No bullshit here, just normal frustration! I would be very angry too if I was the one who had bought this game.

April 25, 2009 3:31:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[quote who="/b/" reply="16" id="2167581"]
Quoting Dargoon999, reply 15I am so glad I did not buy this game. No story, no tutorial and no campaign. All you have left is a multiplayer game that does not work.

Guessing you've never played Dota. In that case you fail sir.[/quote]

Because DoTA is the game that you purchase and is not a free mod.

April 25, 2009 3:39:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What's great is that when Starcrap 2 comes out, they'll have connection problems there too.  You just can't cure stupid from the back end...

Playing PC games come with a minimal cost factor regarding knowledge.  Every console game is working on a uniform hardware system with very few inconsistencies to work around.  Every PC is not.  It's all but impossible to code high performance networking systems that aren't defeated by at least one of the routers in use.  There are hundreds of them, and not one of them appears to have been designed with airhead users in mind.

If you don't want to run into problems every time you turn around, you actually have to know what you're doing.  In a perfect world your router woudn't suck monkey nuts and you'd be able to play games without changing settings on it.  It does, you need to, stop blaming the software for not being ridiculously accomodating and solving every potential problem caused by user error.

April 25, 2009 4:06:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting psychoak,
What's great is that when Starcrap 2 comes out, they'll have connection problems there too.  You just can't cure stupid from the back end...

Playing PC games come with a minimal cost factor regarding knowledge.  Every console game is working on a uniform hardware system with very few inconsistencies to work around.  Every PC is not.  It's all but impossible to code high performance networking systems that aren't defeated by at least one of the routers in use.  There are hundreds of them, and not one of them appears to have been designed with airhead users in mind.

If you don't want to run into problems every time you turn around, you actually have to know what you're doing.  In a perfect world your router woudn't suck monkey nuts and you'd be able to play games without changing settings on it.  It does, you need to, stop blaming the software for not being ridiculously accomodating and solving every potential problem caused by user error.

First, let me correct you, its StarCraft not Starcrap. If Blizzard does come up with connection problems they will most likely correct them in less then 24hrs, not 2 weeks.

Second, the guy is not asking for a ridiculously accomodating software, he's asking for what he paid for, a game that should work. If someone is gonna make a multiplayer-only game, they have to make sure everything is in order BEFORE the release date. If some people are complaining about connectivity issue almost 2 weeks after the release, its a sure sign that something is wrong and they have the right to be angry about it.

April 25, 2009 4:07:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting psychoak,

What exquisite crap. It is apologia like this that allow publishers to send out unfinished and unplayable games (E: TW anyone?) into the markeplace. (BTW, Stardock is far less guilty than most publishers, but they are not blameless here.) I think almost everyone acknowledges that there are inevitably going to be some bugs in PC games, in part because of the literally millions of configutations of individual PCs. It is unfortunate, but ineivtable, that a small number of purchasers of any given game are going to have major problems running it. But when that small number becomes a large percentage, or even a majority, of purchasers, it beomes time to cast blame on the devs or publishers.

I also get very tired of computer savvy users not just defending the publishers, but blaming less savvy gamers for daring to buy the product without sufficient knowledge to clean up the publisher's mess. The PC is no longer a geek hobby but an almost universal appliance these days. To expect or require all users to have the knowledge and expertise of the hobbyist is neither logical nor practical. Indeed, it is smug elitism. To use a somewhat tired (but still nevertheless correct) analogy, assume that these PC experts are somwewhat less expert on the internal combustion engine and have just purchased a car. Although the engine won't start because of a design defect, it would run perfectly after 30 minutes work by a knowledgeable mechanic. If they complained on the manufacturers' forums. I'm sure they would love being called ignorant by mechanic posters who state that they should not have had the gall to buy the darn thing unless they could get it to run.

Finally, the implication that all online games inevitably have similar connection problems is ludicrous. I generally don't play strategy games online (which, I admit, is why I did not purchase Demigod, since its SP mode seems to be quite lacking). However, I do follow PC gaming fairly closely, and problems such as this are the exception, not the rule. Moreover, I do play MMOs online (I've played at least a dozen in the decade since original EQ hooked me) and, although there have been some teething problems with some MMOs, I have neither experienced a problem as bad as this nor have I have been required to fool around with my router or other settings to connect (though I did have to turn off Vista's infernal UAC to update EQII).

April 25, 2009 4:16:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Marlowe Lawbringer,

What exquisite crap. It is apologia like this that allow publishers to send out unfinished and unplayable games (E: TW anyone?) into the markeplace. (BTW, Stardock is far less guilty than most publishers, but they are not blameless here.) I think almost everyone acknowledges that there are inevitably going to be some bugs in PC games, in part because of the literally millions of configutations of individual PCs. It is unfortunate, but ineivtable, that a small number of purchasers of any given game are going to have major problems running it. But when that small number becomes a large percentage, or even a majority, of purchasrers, it beomes time to cast blame on the devs or publishers.

I also get very tired of computer savvy users not just defending the publishers, but blaming less savvy gamers for daring to buy the product without sufficient knowledge to clean up the publisher's mess. The PC is no longer a geek hobby but an almost universal appliance these days. To expect or require all users to have the knowledge and expertise of the hobbyist is neither logical nor practical. Indeed, it is smug elitism. To use a somewhat tired (but still nevertheless correct) analogy, assume that these PC experts are somwewhat less expert on the internal combustion engine and have just purchased a car. Although engine won't start because of a design defect, it would run perfectly after 30 minutes work by a knowledgeable mechanic. If they complained on the manufacturers' forums. I'm sure they would love being called ignorant by mechanic posters who state that they should not have had the gall to buy the darn thing unless they could get it to run.

I could not have said it better, so true!

April 25, 2009 4:30:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

boo!

yeah...I've got nothing better to say than check   here   and follow the steps in my guide (linked to from the OP) if you WANT, if you don't want to....then don't.

I'm not an "eliteist tech-savvy" person, I am a tech-savvy person who puts information "out there".  Take it or leave it.....

April 25, 2009 4:34:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What a waste of database space.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time: