The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Friday’s new version

By on April 24, 2009 10:47:19 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Demigod: v1.0.105 (EXE version) v1.0.055 on Impulse

(tip, if you put your mouse over the Demigod icon in the bottom left in Impulse it will tell you the revision).

It’s Friday not and we’ve got the Demigod update out.  So what’s new?

• The disconnect threshold has been increased which should hopefully decrease in-game disconnects
  • Various timing changes in-game to make connecting to games more effective

What isn’t in this update:

- The disconnect issue when joining a skirmish game. Highly frustrating. It’s some sort of timing issue where it’s just thinking people are too slow. GPG is working on this and we hope to have another update early next week.

- This is not the update with the Proxy Server setup. That’s also for next week. So if you simply cannot even see other players, this update won’t fix that, that’s something we’re going to try to get into next week. But I have a feeling that a lot of people were having timing issues which hopefully, at least in custom games, this version helps.

- We initially had a new NAT fascilitator which addressed quite a few things but quickly discovered that it wouldn't scale well to the # of users trying to use it thus creating a deadlock so we had to pull it. We'll give it a go again on Monday. We apologize for the delay on that.

We’ll be around this weekend to see how things go.

Good luck and thank you again for your patience.

+912 Karma | 46 Replies
April 25, 2009 2:20:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lambdaman,
I got into one game and my favor was reset to 0 (from permanently around -700 before) and my one puny favor item had been taken away .  Is that intended?  I can't check whether I have more favor because now I can't get into any game at all (either the network connection fails or the game crashes...) -- if favor accumulates properly now that would be great!

So, I got tired of the multiplayer problems and played a single-player skirmish match.  Then I got into another multiplayer skirmish, and I had all the favor points I had just seen in single-player!  (forgot to check if I had the same favor item I'd purchased, sorry)  I couldn't get into another MP game to see whether it would stick.

April 25, 2009 3:30:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I too have all my stats reset. And they seem to reset periodically as i have played about 3 MP games tonight, managed to get some points and then on my 4th game, i see evrything got reset again. hmm.

April 25, 2009 3:51:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What use are favour items if there's still many connection issues?

Of course its a feature of the game thats supposed to work, but while they are in the stress of trying to get rid of all connection problems I dont think they worry too much about favour points for those that can actually play..  

Give them a little rest about that issue and check its consistency when they fixed the connection problems. 

April 25, 2009 4:55:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The new Updates are really great but for god's sake, why should we reboot our pc for a game update?

I beg you.... please change that!

April 25, 2009 6:00:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, some improvment for me. Custom game's running pretty good but selecting skirmish just doesn't bring much joy.

Either way, I am pretty happy. 5 minutes or so to wait for a custom game to be made and everyone join. Loads first time, no drops, followed by a 30 minute battle.

I suspect it's going to be a while before skirmish or patheon works right. Especially if they are still trying to randomly connect people from America, Europe and Russia into the same match. If they do get that working right in the end, awsome.

April 25, 2009 6:12:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got two 4v4s played all the way through without a problem! Thanks Frogboy.

April 25, 2009 6:33:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can anyone tell me where i can download .exe version of a new patch? direct link pls.

April 25, 2009 6:48:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can anyone tell me where i can download .exe version of a new patch? direct link pls.

The proper way is through Impulse, which will update onlyt the file that need to be updated. There is no standalone, downloadabele patch.

April 25, 2009 7:39:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kellerd,

I recomend you go out and buy the game. There's going to be lots of new stuff delivered through impulse and I don't think that the pirated versions are going to have access (lets hope anyways).

April 25, 2009 8:43:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's really funny how obvious it is.

April 25, 2009 10:48:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ArnieDude,
What use are favour items if there's still many connection issues?

Of course its a feature of the game thats supposed to work, but while they are in the stress of trying to get rid of all connection problems I dont think they worry too much about favour points for those that can actually play..  

Give them a little rest about that issue and check its consistency when they fixed the connection problems. 

I was reporting that because someone said they thought the favor stuff might be fixed, and I thought it might be useful to report that it apparently isn't yet.  Sorry if I offended anyone.  (EDIT: it's not in this post and I can't remember where I saw it, maybe on IRC?  Basically I heard that Stardock has some fixes in but they weren't sure whether all the changes GPG was going to make had gotten into this build...I thought it was Frogboy himself who said it but now I'm not sure)

April 25, 2009 2:18:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting angryandroid,

Quoting Kellerd, reply 7Can anyone tell me where i can download .exe version of a new patch? direct link pls.
I recomend you go out and buy the game. There's going to be lots of new stuff delivered through impulse and I don't think that the pirated versions are going to have access (lets hope anyways).

Isn't that the way games are supposed to be sold nowadays?

It's clear that to increase original customers a software house has to expand a game with free stuff 'till an eventual big expansion

And i hope so badly they do so for Demigod!

April 25, 2009 2:42:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

my friends and i kept getting a message popup every like 5 seconds during the game. Something about dysnc. got to the point were we just quite. hard to play with a pop up coming up were you have to click okay before you can do stuff in the game again.

April 25, 2009 3:30:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Jdub121686,
Im connecting about twice as fast as before it seems...Open your ports in your firewalls it helps

6073 UDP and TCP and 6100-6200 TCP and UDP helped me a little. 

The 6100-6200 only need to be UDP, and in order to benefit from forwarding these ports you need to first run ImpulseReactorOptions.exe located in your DemigodInstallFolder\bin folder.

But if you can fiqure all that out it does help a lot. I would say it increased my chances of getting into a game by about 40% and add another 20% chance from the patch and you'll be sitting at a 60% better chance of getting into a game.

April 25, 2009 9:23:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ooh nifty. Now when I fail to connect to someone the entire game freezes so I have to restart the game and not just hit cancel.

April 25, 2009 9:39:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I noticed that happens when the host has left the game. Tested that playing with my friend.

April 26, 2009 12:40:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting daKillJoy,
The new Updates are really great but for god's sake, why should we reboot our pc for a game update?

I beg you.... please change that!

I never have to reboot.

April 26, 2009 12:45:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I remember something you could do in SupCom that would remove the desync message. I know the game wont exactly be normal, but it would be nice to have that menu gone.

If my memory serves me (which it usually doesnt) it was added onto the shortcut...

Anyone remember or am I losing my mind?

April 26, 2009 1:51:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hi, i have got this new large update the 26MB~ one but impulse still says i am running v1.00.055 so im not sure why that is, do i have to refresh it or do i not have the update or similar? im from england and had to download the game via impulse being it isnt out here for annother month or something like that. could that have anything to do with it (i know the comment sounds stupid but thats the only reason why i think it might be different)

April 26, 2009 1:52:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

also im really grateful for the continuing communication between producer and client. keep up the good work

April 27, 2009 2:45:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ddddddddddddd

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000468   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.