The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

Stardock, is this really your way to handle criticism?

If so, it is rather poor. :(

By on April 24, 2009 2:56:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://myvowclan.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3185&d=1240594431

well you can read, what we wrote.

Basically, Zock and me have the opinion, that GPGnet is working better than Impulse/Demigod-System. This was all we had said in this chat.

Then Frogboy, who I would have thought to be a qualified employee of Stardock, just insulted us, and few seconds later, we both were banned from chat and still are.

Is this how you cannot even say your opinion in a chat? this is really.. rather ridiculous to me. I really am thinking about, if I still want to buy and support this game, after my demo key runs out.

Arguments of GPGnet being better in current state than impulse are plenty. I can list them, if you want.

Still.. i think banning us for saying something criticising... is a way too much.

Thank you for your time.

0 Karma | 136 Replies
April 24, 2009 3:05:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol, frogboy 

April 24, 2009 3:05:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then Frogboy, who I would have thought to be a qualified employee of Stardock, just insulted us, and few seconds later, we both were banned from chat and still are.

Don't piss off the company CEO in his IRC server? Besides, I'm sure you didn't paste the whole chat, just the part where he calls you an idiot.

And, from all I've seen, he doesn't call people idiots unless they deserve it.

April 24, 2009 3:05:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While you most likely are an idiot, Froggy is stepping out of line here imo. Sounds like a 14 year old kid with a really painful pimple on his nutsack [Edit: Probably the way I sound]

April 24, 2009 3:05:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Na, he is probably tired of hearing people with absolutely no idea what they are talking about masquerading around like they are experts on the subject.

People in the game industry have to take so much crap from their "fans" and how they don't know what they are doing, I am sure it wears thin after a while.

April 24, 2009 3:07:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All the irc bans are temporary, anyway. It takes a special someone to get a permanent ban.

April 24, 2009 3:07:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The correct reply to wannabe experts [again; like me] would be silence. Lots of it.

April 24, 2009 3:09:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're an idiot.

April 24, 2009 3:09:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

HAHA I AM A RANDOM PERSON WHO PRETENDS TO HAVE A CLUE AT STUFF, AND WHEN I POST RANDOM SHIZZLE IN THE CHAT TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEIR PRODUCTS ARE CRAP I EXPECT THEM NOT TO KICK ME OUT OF THEIR CHAT. THEN I COME IN THEIR FORUMS AND WHINE ABOUT IT!

April 24, 2009 3:13:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm sure you didn't paste the whole chat, just the part where he calls you an idiot.

not really. this was the most important things I said. b4 i only explained the reasons why I think GPGnet is better. (which it is without question at the moment, still I am sure, Stardock is capable of fixing it)

and of course, I am not an expert. Still I have the experience of playing Supreme Commander in GPGnet the last 2,5 years. And this experience tells me, that GPGnet is better (even if it had a lot of starting problems, I surely wont deny this).

But its just not the proper way to react for a CEO.

April 24, 2009 3:15:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok get in his shoes.

• His new game got released, with pirates at the front door. Servers fall down and you get them back up in a rush. 
  • Finally legit customers are connecting but reporting issues of this on going connection-type problem.

His life is probably stress central at the moment, I don't blame him for temp. banning you as thats the easiest way to deal with bafoons criticizing his work.

April 24, 2009 3:16:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"100times better than actual stuff" and "because actualy lobby is mutch worser" are classics, real gems.

Still, t'was rather blunt by frogboy there. Ouch.

April 24, 2009 3:18:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If frogboy thinks you are an idiot.. you better believe you are an idiot. 

April 24, 2009 3:19:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Honestly, if you were him, what would you do?  Don't say how *you* want to be treated, but how would you react after weeks of working non-stop?  (And, I literally mean non-stop).

My best life advice: don't poke the bears.

April 24, 2009 3:19:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh i forgot to add: frogboy wasnt the man with the banhammer, it was another admin

April 24, 2009 3:21:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting VoW-Kryo,
oh i forgot to add: frogboy wasnt the man with the banhammer, it was another admin

Did he/she/it give you a reason?

April 24, 2009 3:22:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Who said game developer/representative must be a saint?

Expecting such a thing at a time when a person is stressed over so many things is another step to being a/an [insert word].

April 24, 2009 3:22:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting amoeba1234,
HAHA I AM A RANDOM PERSON WHO PRETENDS TO HAVE A CLUE AT STUFF, AND WHEN I POST RANDOM SHIZZLE IN THE CHAT TELLING PEOPLE THAT THEIR PRODUCTS ARE CRAP I EXPECT THEM NOT TO KICK ME OUT OF THEIR CHAT. THEN I COME IN THEIR FORUMS AND WHINE ABOUT IT!

This pretty much sums it up. Don't go demanding, pretending to know everything and think you know better then a CEO.

I see know problem in him behaving like an asshole when you are. They do not have to be a saint all the time and take shit from random people who think they know it all.

April 24, 2009 3:22:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then Frogboy, who I would have thought to be a qualified employee of Stardock

Well, unless I am mistaken, Frogboy isn't an employee of Stardock: he is the sole owner.

April 24, 2009 3:23:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LMAO!   holy crap I needed a good laugh.   Thank you sooo much VoW-Kryo       Pissing on the shoes of the CEO (Frogboy) of Stardock always ensures a quick and rather ego-bruising exit!   hehe

April 24, 2009 3:23:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My best life advice: don't poke the bears.

Oh man, so true.  Especially Stardock bears.  And the chupacabra that roams around outside the office.

April 24, 2009 3:23:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

See, I think you're under the impression that everyone in SD has to sit there listening to you telling them what they should've done.

But they don't.

Many of us like Frogboy *because* he's blunt and he's not afraid to call it like it is. And he doesn't put up with a lot of crap. Now you know.

April 24, 2009 3:24:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well I'd really like to know the reason he was banned, I don't see any profanity or personal attacks...

he just said Rendez-Vouz > RakNet in the end, not in a very polite way though, but I have seen people not getting banned for a lot worse than that.

April 24, 2009 3:24:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tehe.

Makes Frogboy actually more likable imo

April 24, 2009 3:26:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheBigOne,
well I'd really like to know the reason he was banned, I don't see any profanity or personal attacks...

There is most likely more to the conversation to just that picture. As you can see he goes on talking but ofcourse he just puts the picture he wants us to see and that is the CEO calling him an idiot.

April 24, 2009 3:29:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy is a person, he acted human. I see no reason why a CEO can't call you stupid... You can say it isn't very "CEO-like" but Frogboy isn't a very "CEO-like" person, and that's why we like him. He actually interacts with the community, as a person.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.