The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Video Status Report [Day 7]

By on April 23, 2009 4:04:42 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

[Video Status report]

For those of you who are interested in what is happening, what things we’re looking to do, here’s a video where I walk around and ask some of the key people on the Stardock side of things what they’re doing to keep improving the Demigod player experience.

+912 Karma | 67 Replies
April 23, 2009 4:18:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Love to see your updates, man. It's so nice to see what everyones working at and what they will work on in the future.

April 23, 2009 4:23:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good stuff, though some youtube video or similar would be more convinient .

April 23, 2009 4:44:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I'm sending $40 your way.  The negative reviews were kinda scary but I haven't been let down by a Stardock game yet.  It's nice to see a publisher care so much.

April 23, 2009 4:44:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really enjoy videos that go behind the scenes without putting a lid on the information we are allowed to get.

Damn Stardock, keep this up and you will get all my money.

April 23, 2009 4:49:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the video Status idea,but 191 MB seems overkill. Maybe you should crunch it a  bit.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

April 23, 2009 5:01:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Beaucephalus,
I like the video Status idea,but 191 MB seems overkill. Maybe you should crunch it a  bit.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

he did when i downloaded it it was 190

April 23, 2009 5:32:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is awesome!!! I have been playing PC games since 97 and this is the most upfront/open communication that I've ever seen from a game company. Nice work Stardock! Frogboy...you and your team rock!!!

My wife and I have our 10yr wedding anniversary this weekend but as soon as I get back in town I'm heading to Best Buy to pick up Demigod!

Best Regards, AceBandage

April 23, 2009 5:47:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Incredible.  I`ve never seen a company do things like this.  This is why I buy all your game`s.  I hope you keep doing these vid updates in the future.  They are a great peek inside where these great product`s come from.

April 23, 2009 5:59:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice work gentlemen

April 23, 2009 6:30:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great video, it was nice to see.  I especially liked the "NERF REGULUS OMG" part .  Reminds me a lot of DotA in that every hero at somepoint is labeled imba or OP, when usually they are pretty well balanced.  I remember in my first online game of DotA I got absolutely trounced by Juggernaut, and then when I tried to go do the same I got destroyed.  A lot of it comes down to skill and practice, and knowing what your opponents are capable of.

Looking forward to those proxy servers, and the stuff you said about clans sounded excellent, can't wait to get into some good competitive play on this.

April 23, 2009 6:30:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy you are possibly the best marketing genious I've ever encountered.  That and you all seem like a nice bunch of guys and girls, hope you get to have a nice holiday soon for all your hard work.

April 23, 2009 6:31:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you very much for putting this together Frogboy

April 23, 2009 6:42:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The video updates are nice. I've never seen any company do anything like that video update.

All this is making me want Demigod more and more

April 23, 2009 6:45:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad to see you still interacting with the customer and player base.

I hope servers get up this weekend as you stated 50 times in the video.

Also like the group idea.  Now, get back to work!

April 23, 2009 6:56:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks guys.  If you guys want, we can keep doing these updates even after connectivity and things get addressed.

So we could show meetings where we discuss new demigods or how to implement new match making techniques or us and GPG discussing new items and player suggestions.  

I just worry you'll get sick of seeing these posts.

April 23, 2009 7:02:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This video was really interesting to watch, and yay for getting to meet some of the crew! I totally wish that I lived nearby to come by and take a tour. Oh, and I vote for the release of as many videos as possible! *Can't get enough of behind-the-scenes stuff*

April 23, 2009 7:03:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Thanks guys.  If you guys want, we can keep doing these updates even after connectivity and things get addressed.

So we could show meetings where we discuss new demigods or how to implement new match making techniques or us and GPG discussing new items and player suggestions.  

That actually would be pretty incredible to be honest. Being able to be in on some of those meetings and see the discussions would be really amazing to be honest. 

April 23, 2009 7:07:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I honestly want a Frogboy demigod. A half frog-man thing would by funny, and well deserved.

April 23, 2009 7:08:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

If it wasn't so much of a pain in the ass video reports would be SWEET. Beats reading

April 23, 2009 7:09:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Haha, the amazing thing about forums is that if someone does get sick of the updates (I do not see how you could though), that person has the option to...wait for it...not read the post.

Before I bought Demigod, I had never heard of Stardock; however from what I have seen in the past week with customer support, you guys have definitely moved onto my short list of game companies that I like.

April 23, 2009 7:10:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm really annoyed that I could connect before beta 3B and haven't been able to get into a game since, and I'm in Canada (btw Frogboy you sound like you're from Canada). This is my first game from Stardock/GPG and I was mulling over getting a refund, but your approach, honesty and humbleness almost makes me want to buy another copy just to support you guys (I said almost, I still can't connect remember).

I don't know if my Dlink DIR-655 router issues are with Dlink or with you guys, but either way, as long as posts and videos like these keep coming out and putting out the fires then I plan to buy a lot more games from you guys.

This video was really awesome btw. I kinda felt like I was there in the room chillin out with you guys and being part of the discussion. Great job.

April 23, 2009 7:17:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can never over-communicate imo - well unless you're that Paul Barnett guy from Warhammer online whose initially funny and charismatic until you realise everything he says in his videos never ends up eventuating.

April 23, 2009 7:21:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have to admit, I was one of those people who pirated this game. I saw the mixed reviews and I wanted to play the whole thing to see for myself. I found the core of the game to be incredibly enjoyable. There are obviously tons of issues that need to be addressed but the core game is quite amazing and fun.

So despite all the game's flaws I bought the game and my buddy did too! We are now both looking forward to the multiplayer issues getting ironed out. We have managed to play a few games online but it really boils down to that one asshole who can't connect and ruins it for everyone else, and when it takes almost 5 minutes to create all of the connections between peers, having to restart that process because of one bad peer is quite frustrating. So far we haven't been able to get into any game over 6 players to work.

All that being said, I am very impressed with the amount of respect Stardock has for it's customers and its willingness to address these issues as soon as possible.

April 23, 2009 7:22:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Getting sick ? Not a chance

April 23, 2009 7:32:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I would love that

Quoting Frogboy,
I don't think we will. Usually developers do little or no communication with the community at all, especially some time after the release.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000719   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.