The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Kicked from EVERYTHING

You have been disconnected because you were kicked from the game you were attempting to join

By on April 23, 2009 10:05:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"You have been disconnected because you were kicked from the game you were attempting to join" This is what I've been seeing all afternoon, when I try to join any custom game, any pantheon game, or any skirmish game. I get the kick message, and I know it's not someone kicking me everytime because I've had friends host passworded games and I still get it! I've tried resetting my router/DG/Impulse/Computer and it's still happening, I'll try a reinstall later tonight if no one has any solutions.

Also I could join games fine, untill after one custom game today finished, it started happening then.

+8 Karma | 21 Replies
April 23, 2009 10:23:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same problem, getting kicked from alot of games. I didn't have this problem before the update..

April 23, 2009 11:27:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
April 23, 2009 3:04:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Me too. I guess the patch broke it for some of us somehow.

Looks like you get a "Failed to Connect to: blah" just before it happens. Never used to get that much before

April 23, 2009 3:31:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Before the patch I could at least play one or two games a night, (if the stars were right and players were able to connect to each other and the NAT facilitator showed me tender love instead of rudely disconnecting me,) but after the patch *sigh*. All I get is the same as the OP.

I know it's a just a game, but this is really really starting to get to me.

April 23, 2009 3:43:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Every game i get is maybe one othre human and the rest AI. How can you release a game based on multiplayer and have it be this broken?

April 23, 2009 4:23:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My educated guess is that this is occuring because some have the patch, some do not, and the two are incompatible.

-HM

April 23, 2009 4:31:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Hollow Man,
My educated guess is that this is occuring because some have the patch, some do not, and the two are incompatible.

-HM

Considering I can't join friends games who I'd been playing with after the patch, I doubt this is it.

April 23, 2009 4:33:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Got the same problem since the patch. I had a much easier time connecting to people before the patch - though it still was not great. But now it's almost always "Attempting to connect to: x, y, z", rarely being able to connect to anyone for minutes and in the end the kick message.

April 23, 2009 4:42:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting IllegalDustbin,

Considering I can't join friends games who I'd been playing with after the patch, I doubt this is it.

Well it was just an educated guess. If your friends have updated, then it's something else. My opinion is that this game has more network problems than simply, "People in foreign countries are having trouble connecting to other people in foreign countries."

I would also love to have a paper from Stardock's guy who did the networking saying exactly what people need to do to get it to work. I do appreciate the Monk's work he put into this, but really, we need someone from the publisher to say exactly what needs to be done. Because truthfully, forwarding ports is NOT necessary. I have managed to connect to players and play without forwarding ANY ports.

I imagine SOMEONE in any game has to have ports forwarded so they can accept incoming connections from others, but it's clear that not EVERYBODY has to have ports forwarded.

-HM

April 23, 2009 5:00:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same problem. It used to work fine. Now it's broken.

April 23, 2009 5:11:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same problem. Was fine before the patch.

April 23, 2009 6:01:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well it was just an educated guess. If your friends have updated, then it's something else. My opinion is that this game has more network problems than simply, "People in foreign countries are having trouble connecting to other people in foreign countries."

I would also love to have a paper from Stardock's guy who did the networking saying exactly what people need to do to get it to work. I do appreciate the Monk's work he put into this, but really, we need someone from the publisher to say exactly what needs to be done. Because truthfully, forwarding ports is NOT necessary. I have managed to connect to players and play without forwarding ANY ports.

I imagine SOMEONE in any game has to have ports forwarded so they can accept incoming connections from others, but it's clear that not EVERYBODY has to have ports forwarded.

-HM

Hollow Man,

Of course forwarding ports is NOT necessary, the real issue is the strictness of NAT at various points of connection between people.  My guide simply makes suggestions (that if followed) will increase the probability of successful connections.  It's that simple.  Myself and my close circle of friends have all implemented whatever they could implement out of the guide (some routers simply don't have options for everything) and we've been enjoying successful gaming as a result.

I would say (for Demigod at least) the guide's instructions on relaxing NAT-filtering etc. and making sure SPI-type firewalls are disabled are the more important points and those who are able to control those settings on their routers (relaxing NAT) are enjoying the MP with friends.

Unfortunately, on many consumer-model routers there is no setting to "relax NAT-filtering" so forwarding all traffic on certain ports to the end-PC is the next best option (which is why I suggest it).

Simply put, if people:

1.  Follow the steps in the guide

2.  Tested your setup (ie.  going to http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2  and scanning "ALL SERVICE PORTS" to make sure in fact that connections are now possible to the specified ports.

they will have minimal if no trouble at all playing custom matches with their friends provided the following:

1.  They are not half-way around the world from another

2.  and their ISP and/or ISP-supplied modem isn't performing some kind of NAT-filtering they don't have any control over.

the Monk

April 23, 2009 6:20:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm having the same problem as well. I haven't been able to connect to a single game since the patch and am getting kicked for the first time and not sure why as I seem to be connecting to people.

Also, I think I have all the ports forwarded correctly but I sure can't tell using the scanning tool The Monk suggested. I'm not blaming you Monk for this. I just can't figure out if I am reading this stuff right. It says all my TCP ports are on stealth which I hope is good.

April 23, 2009 6:29:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm having the same problem as well. I haven't been able to connect to a single game since the patch and am getting kicked for the first time and not sure why as I seem to be connecting to people.

Also, I think I have all the ports forwarded correctly but I sure can't tell using the scanning tool The Monk suggested. I'm not blaming you Monk for this. I just can't figure out if I am reading this stuff right. It says all my TCP ports are on stealth which I hope is good.

That's my point......people THINK it's all open when it's not.

STEALTH means closed up tight!  Nothing showing allowable connections to you.  That means something UPSTREAM of where you "forwarded your ports from" is still BLOCKING everything.  (ISP-modem, ISP itself?) 

Please provide me with a "network-map" of your setup (as described in my guide) and I should be able to help you further..

April 23, 2009 6:35:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't even have a router - just a software firewall + antivir software to protect my DSL. Even if i close both applications it won't change a thing. Using a VPN client of another EU country didnt help either.

April 23, 2009 6:47:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I used to get a match in 2-3 tries. I just tried for 60 minutes! (an hour) and no luck. Same message, you have been kicked.

Zolimox trying real hard to be patient

April 23, 2009 7:46:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is anyone with this problem outside of Europe?

April 23, 2009 8:10:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes.  Canada.

April 23, 2009 8:17:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello again,

Wow the list of problems goes on and on everytime there is a new patch. I have the same problem randomly kicked for no reason after this patch.

Monk I've followed all your directions and to be honest I reenabled my SPI firewall and reenabled my UPNP, I then disabled all my port forwards....and well I'm still able to join a game sometimes and then have the game crash on me with and unhandled exception or a visual basic C++ error.

Technically on my end nothing has changed. I received the you have been kicked message with all the router configuration and without......I then receive a bonus on top of when I succesfully join a game and then the game crashs.

After day 6 still having problems.....

I know for a fact my ISP does not throttle.....so I am at an awwww... of what to do.

April 23, 2009 9:28:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the same issue central US, was fine before the patch now I can't join any game - even tried putting my PC IP on the DMZ and no luck either. all my other games work fine and this game used to before todays patch.

I wanna play again.

April 23, 2009 10:33:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Hollow Man,

-HM

no i do not think so less people are that dumb to not read an update is avialable

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000578   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.