The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

SOLUTION - <Loc Engine??}User account does not have permission to run the game.

By on April 23, 2009 9:36:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dash

Join Date 03/2009
+71

If this error looks familiar, you may be missing a component of Windows Vista necessary to run the game: Games Explorer.

This is most common if you're running a custom, stripped-down version of Windows Vista with Games Explorer removed from it.

An easy way to check to see if you have it on your system is to simply type Games Explorer into the search field on your Start Menu.  If nothing comes up with that name, then you'll need to Repair/Reinstall with a non-stripped-down copy of Vista.

Locked Post 2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 24, 2009 8:42:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can confirm this solution. I was using a stripped down version of vista that I created using vLite and I removed games explorer because I felt it unessecary, but I formatted my PC using the original vista copy and the game runs fine now.

Why the game depends on this however is beyond me, no other game i've ever played has had this problem until Demigod.

January 30, 2010 8:29:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But this solution not work for me, I have full window 7 with game explorer function. But in game explorer not display demigod ( although i installed it ) and i user many tool to add manual game demigod to game explorer . But the game still not work and always

<Loc Engine33}User account does not have permission to run the game.

What the hell ?

I think win 7 not able to play demigod game. Can supporter can help me ?????

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time: