The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] Heart of Life interrupted by heals

+3000 or +300?

By on April 23, 2009 2:59:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heart of Life (and, I assume, any other thing with interrupt upon damage) is interrupted by heals from allied priests. I've died once or twice because of this. Apparently it's an old bug that got forgotten.

Oh, and please fix the damn cast bug fast. Nothing is more infuriating in the game than that.

+175 Karma | 10 Replies
April 23, 2009 3:08:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cast bug?

April 23, 2009 3:13:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sowaka,
Cast bug?
When you go to cast a targetted ability like Heal or Bite, and your Demi just watches looking kinda dumb.

April 23, 2009 3:14:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sowaka,
Cast bug?

I assume he means the fact that occasionally your character refuses to cast spells until you issue a move order.  Makes everything annoyingly random (I usually remember to just issue a move order first, but that slows me down and sometimes I forget anyway...).

April 23, 2009 3:16:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What about when your hero refuses to even melee attack?

This is the lamest part of the game. Even more lame than having to play on Game Ranger. 

April 23, 2009 4:03:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lambdaman,

Quoting Sowaka, reply 1Cast bug?

I assume he means the fact that occasionally your character refuses to cast spells until you issue a move order.  Makes everything annoyingly random (I usually remember to just issue a move order first, but that slows me down and sometimes I forget anyway...).

Its the same thing, basically the character refuses to do any right click action other than a move order.

Also heart of life gets interrupted when you get in range of an item aura. Atleast i think i saw it 1-2 times.

April 23, 2009 4:54:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kitkun,

Quoting Sowaka, reply 1Cast bug?When you go to cast a targetted ability like Heal or Bite, and your Demi just watches looking kinda dumb.

It also occurs 100% of the time with sedna's heal if you try to heal anyone but yourself. Takes 3 mouse clicks to heal once, really wish it was fixed.

April 23, 2009 6:55:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heart of Life (and, I assume, any other thing with interrupt upon damage) is interrupted by heals from allied priests. I've died once or twice because of this. Apparently it's an old bug that got forgotten.

This issue is based on the fact that heal spells at this time only do negativ dmg, eg. if you get healed by 500 it is actually -500 damage. Ever wondered why your demigod spams the "i got hit" sound if you regenerate at a health cristal?  Any damage taken will interrupt things like Heart of Life, so even "friendly" damage like UCBs Ooze ablility. To fix the problem with heal interrupting, the devs can't just take away the interrupt if you take firendly dmg. Or they would give UCB the ability to heal with HoT even with activated Ooze. Because it looks like the devs have to change the whole healing system you should prepare youself for a bit longer waiting time.

April 23, 2009 7:21:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dunno about that, they managed to fix the bulwark of ages bug alright, it used to reduce healing by 25% too. I imagine they would have similar root causes and they managed to differentiate between healing and damage in that case.

April 23, 2009 7:38:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DroopyTheDog,
I dunno about that, they managed to fix the bulwark of ages bug alright, it used to reduce healing by 25% too. I imagine they would have similar root causes and they managed to differentiate between healing and damage in that case.

Yeah, you are right, i forgot about the bulwark. But I don't know how they fixed that in the game mechanic, maybe fixing damage increase/decrease is way easier than fixing counting at all? (Maybe they only added a hidden "increase dmg by healing spells by 25%" to the bullwark) If not I quite don't get why they didn't fix that HoT issue togehter with the bulwark.

April 23, 2009 7:45:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I couldn't see this being a difficult fix.

Something along the lines if damage is greater than 0 then interrupt HoL otherwise do not.  Depending on how the code structure is set up it could be only a few lines.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.