The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Suggestions from My last 2-3 days of playing (Beyond connectivity issues)

Suggestions

By on April 23, 2009 1:02:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Things I’ve noticed over the last 2-3 days of playing (Beyond connectivity issuess

1. Did you know: Erebus can teleport behind the base on Crucible and take over the base flag?  This occurred to a friend and I one game after we were clearly winning – our units were fully upgraded and the opposing player teleported, took our base flag while we were in his base, and beat us – seriously?
  2. Generals need to be able to track their minions via a GUI.  Some people have suggested a portrait style system.  This is absolutely key to generals – I don’t even know how much damage the minions do,  let alone how helpful they are.
  3. The pathing sometimes gets bugged when you attempt to click to go back to your base from a far distance.
  4. You should be able to click on the mini-map to see an area.  This is especially useful on bigger maps where navigating across takes a pretty decent amount of time.
  5. There needs to be a way to quickly return to your hero once you do look around the map (Like F1/Spacebar/etc.).  I am aware you can double click on your portrait, but I’d like to see a keyboard shortcut.
  6. You should somehow be able to see other player’s items  (or at least favor items).  This can be argued either way, but I’d like to personally see it implemented.
  7. When using some melee abilities (such as Bite with Erebus) the ability either does not activate or bugs you into losing control of your hero sometimes.
  8. Abilities should proc from spells being cast on you.  For example, the Groffling Warplate is particularly terrible considering it is a midgame item which procs a shield 1% of the time that takes absorbs 300 damage.  The item is a fairly terrible value for its utility, especially when abilities do not even proc the shield.
  9. The Hero speed needs to be increased by about 30-50% of the current speed (estimate).
  10. Please make it possible to see someone’s record in the lobby of a game, or somehow get this information within the game without alt-tabbing.
  11. Allied chat in game should be a different color than yours, so as to more clearly see another person is typing (lobby and in game).
  12. An arranged team with friends for Patheron games is greatly needed – I imagine this is coming with the enhancements of “guilds,” but it is sorely needed.

+5 Karma | 11 Replies
April 23, 2009 12:56:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed

I'm sure they'll see to most of this within the first month or two.

April 23, 2009 1:07:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They need to disable the broken automation completely.

1. My Erebus just sits there when I need to use my fatality bite on them.

2. I'm being assaulted by 2 enemies and my Erebus instead of continuing behind the towers he just sits at the flag while I'm clicking like crazy.

3. I'm about to die and instead of running he is heading towards a potion  where the enemies are.....guess what happened.

I also once teleported in between the wall fo towers and the edge of the map, so my character was stuck there without a teleportation scroll rendering my character useless for the rest of the game.

etc...the list continues.

April 23, 2009 1:18:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

quote quoting="post"]
Did you know: Erebus can teleport behind the base on Crucible and take over the base flag?  This occurred to a friend and I one game after we were clearly winning – our units were fully upgraded and the opposing player teleported, took our base flag while we were in his base, and beat us – seriously?

[/quote]
This is a major issue and needs to be fixed.  Bats should not cross over anything.  It should only go over ground.

Erebus has such a huge advantage on crucible because of this.  I barely won a game against one because of this.

There needs to be a way to quickly return to your hero once you do look around the map (Like F1/Spacebar/etc.).  I am aware you can double click on your portrait, but I’d like to see a keyboard shortcut.

Double tap H doesn't work? I forget

The Hero speed needs to be increased by about 30-50% of the current speed (estimate).

No.  This will make the game play worse.  Don't confuse player speed with gamespeed.

Generals need to be able to track their minions via a GUI.  Some people have suggested a portrait style system.  This is absolutely key to generals – I don’t even know how much damage the minions do,  let alone how helpful they are.

Just like ally portraits.. yes. https://forums.demigodthegame.com/323188

Abilities should proc from spells being cast on you.  For example, the Groffling Warplate is particularly terrible considering it is a midgame item which procs a shield 1% of the time that takes absorbs 300 damage.  The item is a fairly terrible value for its utility, especially when abilities do not even proc the shield.

Groff is just terribad.  1% chance for 300 shield is effectively 3 damage reduction per hit.  That's not much different from +50 armor.  I can get +600 armor for 500gold.  This item's uselessness ticks me off.

Please make it possible to see someone’s record in the lobby of a game, or somehow get this information within the game without alt-tabbing.

The game needs TONS of improvements like this.   It's a bit sad now because the gameplay is pretty good.

Allied chat in game should be a different color than yours, so as to more clearly see another person is typing (lobby and in game).

Chat is just fubar.

Has no chat beep, can't read it on exile because it's white on light grey, etc.  I've been bugging about this since b1..  Same link as above.

April 24, 2009 5:23:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Generals need to be able to track their minions via a GUI.  Some people have suggested a portrait style system.  This is absolutely key to generals – I don’t even know how much damage the minions do,  let alone how helpful they are.

Agreed.  The player needs to be able to make informed decisions on which minions to choose.

The Hero speed needs to be increased by about 30-50% of the current speed (estimate).

I thought this at first, but the slow hero speed creates a different game (than DoTA).  It makes it more of a thinking game, because it isn't easy to get across the map if you realize the other side really needs your help.  You have to anticipate the movements of the opposing team a bit.  I am going to hold off on saying that greater hero speeds would ruin gameplay; I think it would be a welcomed option.

You should be able to click on the mini-map to see an area.  This is especially useful on bigger maps where navigating across takes a pretty decent amount of time.

Right clicking on the minimap should also cause your hero to start walking there.

April 27, 2009 12:39:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did you know: Erebus can teleport behind the base on Crucible and take over the base flag?

That + Giants = Hilarious.. especially when they dont have teleport scrolls

April 27, 2009 1:09:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great suggestions!

Did you know: Erebus can teleport behind the base on Crucible and take over the base flag?  This occurred to a friend and I one game after we were clearly winning – our units were fully upgraded and the opposing player teleported, took our base flag while we were in his base, and beat us – seriously?

Crucible just in general needs to be fixed. But yes, I think most of us will agree with you on this one.

This too.

The pathing sometimes gets bugged when you attempt to click to go back to your base from a far distance.

I've also noticed that sometimes that pathing can't even automatically negotiate a corner. Pathing in general needs to be tweaked probably.

You should be able to click on the mini-map to see an area.  This is especially useful on bigger maps where navigating across takes a pretty decent amount of time.

I personally don't need this, but a lot of people have said they would like it. Also, a team ping for the minimap is needed badly!

There needs to be a way to quickly return to your hero once you do look around the map (Like F1/Spacebar/etc.).  I am aware you can double click on your portrait, but I’d like to see a keyboard shortcut.

Not such a bad idea.

You should somehow be able to see other player’s items  (or at least favor items).  This can be argued either way, but I’d like to personally see it implemented.

I definitely disagree with this. First of all, I can't see this being easy to look at while in the thick of battle, and secondly it just seems uneccesary in general, as many PvP games including MMORPGs with strong PvP elements don't typically allow this.

When using some melee abilities (such as Bite with Erebus) the ability either does not activate or bugs you into losing control of your hero sometimes.

Hah, wasn't aware of this. I'd be curious to see this happen for myself

Speed can be made faster in the options menu. I think the default speed is just fine, to be honest.

Please make it possible to see someone’s record in the lobby of a game, or somehow get this information within the game without alt-tabbing.

Yeah, this would definitely be nice too.

Allied chat in game should be a different color than yours, so as to more clearly see another person is typing (lobby and in game).

...as well as this!

An arranged team with friends for Patheron games is greatly needed – I imagine this is coming with the enhancements of “guilds,” but it is sorely needed.

Yeah, for sure, especially if Pantheon games are going to be the only way to gain favor points. A guild system would be neat too.

Again, pretty great suggestions in my opinion.

April 27, 2009 6:29:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A quick way to navigate across the map is to zoom way out and zoom in on the spot where you want to look.  You have to do some adjusting with the WASD keys, but it is TONS quicker.

May 3, 2009 3:21:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A lot of people have suggested zooming in and out, but I find that, again, it takes too long to get to an area of the map.  My concern here is mostly in regards to teleports.  I may be on a map and want to teleport across, but instead of quickly clicking on the minimap and selecting a flag (lets say I took a portal on the other side of the map and want to heal and quickly get back) it takes far too long.

After playing the game for a few weeks now I still feel these enhancements are fairly vital.  The game speed one, as has been mentioned, can be left out - in addition to being able to see other peoples items.  I think those are fair ommissions.  I think being able to see minion HP as a number (so you can tell what upgrades the other side has teched) and same for towers would greatly enhance the strategic aspects of the game.

May 3, 2009 6:36:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When using some melee abilities (such as Bite with Erebus) the ability either does not activate or bugs you into losing control of your hero sometimes.

Happens with all targetted abilities.  You have to issue a move command and try again.  It really ought to be fixed :/.

May 4, 2009 12:00:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Generals need to be able to track their minions via a GUI. Some people have suggested a portrait style system. This is absolutely key to generals – I don’t even know how much damage the minions do, let alone how helpful they are.

The Hero speed needs to be increased by about 30-50% of the current speed (estimate).An arranged team with friends for Patheron games is greatly needed – I imagine this is coming with the enhancements of “guilds,” but it is sorely needed.

# You should be able to click on the mini-map to see an area. This is especially useful on bigger maps where navigating across takes a pretty decent amount of time.

couldnt agree more.... sometimes i find myself playing custom games just to play on the fast settings... (L)

May 4, 2009 7:50:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Herakleion,

couldnt agree more.... sometimes i find myself playing custom games just to play on the fast settings... (L)

But game speed is adjustable, why should thei increase the minimum speed

I like slow games too

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000468   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.