The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

(Bug) Mark of Betrayer

By on April 22, 2009 1:04:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok My Favorite skill with Regulus and works very nicely but ran into a scenerio where it actually helps the opposition.

I cast Mark of Betrayer on a Erebus. He launches skill in middle of his spawned reinforcements killing them all!! I should have advantage (I have my reinforcements and me vs. just him) but to my disgust I just gave him a nightwalker army from his reinforcements. Which are stronger then the spawned reinforcements which he now turns the tide on me from the army of nightwalkers he got from my skill.  His nightwalkers along with Oak's spirits should not be allowed to be created in this fashion from the killing of your own reinforcements.

My thoughts what do you think?

+12 Karma | 18 Replies
April 22, 2009 1:27:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hehe props to the Erebus player if he did that deliberately to create minions, that was quick thinking by them.

I don't really think it needs changing, you would have still got gold/exp from the reinfocements as if you'd killed them yourself and it's not really so different from him waiting for a reinforcement wave to walk into mines for waiting for his own grunts to die against towers, just more showy.

Yeah, it's a little frustrating that you can't stop him using a side effect of your skill to his partial advantage but it's not like you didnt gain something from him suiciding his reinforcements like that too.

The system should stay consistant, no matter how a grunt dies it should be valid for creating a minion.

April 22, 2009 1:32:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Doesn't sound like a bug to me, sounds like you should be more careful where you use Mark of the Betrayer.

Thanks for the tip

April 22, 2009 1:45:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sinzer,
Doesn't sound like a bug to me, sounds like you should be more careful where you use Mark of the Betrayer.

Yes, since there's no counter to the Mark, this just keeps Regulus on his toes a bit. A brilliant balancing idea, if this was intentional.

April 22, 2009 2:44:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oak's spirits are created when stuff dies in ward range.  It doesn't matter who kills them or what side they were on.  Erebus's conversion aura seems to work the same way.

Erebus is just strong vs mark, I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing.  It is kind of an interesting relationship between the demigods.

April 22, 2009 2:47:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They died, I don't see why they shouldnt come back as minions.

April 22, 2009 8:19:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wow, quite interesting. I had not noticed that as I dont play Regulus that much. Pretty cool actually though.  

October 30, 2009 5:44:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Chances are, the probability of nightwalkers spawning when creeps die is not equal to one.  Seems hard to believe total damage output would increase.  But a takeaway for Erebus might be to get L1 Minotaurs when Reg is throwing Marks around.

I wonder if you are Marked, and then summon Minotaurs, you get night walkers.  Probably not, eh?

I would love a buff to the Mark.  For instance, make it invisible until it is activated AND cuase the enemy spell to be blocked in addition to its current effect AND take away the enemy's manna.  One can dream.

October 30, 2009 6:27:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,

because erebus gets his minions from creeps dying?

no bug! it would be a bug of erebus if they wont spawn as nightcrawlers.

October 30, 2009 8:07:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting CelMare,

Quoting Teseer,
reply 5

because erebus gets his minions from creeps dying?

no bug! it would be a bug of erebus if they wont spawn as nightcrawlers.
Guy above you necro'd dude...

October 30, 2009 9:12:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

its voodoo ship

October 31, 2009 9:44:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*%6*£"1-= Nightcrawlers!!!

Its all their fault

October 31, 2009 9:50:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

how is this a bug?!?

he just used ur debuff spell to his advantage.

October 31, 2009 9:56:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah how is this a bug?  However why the hell does erebus deserve free minions? 

October 31, 2009 10:12:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

why is it free?

he just used mana to go in mist form in order to activate mark of the betrayers dmg effect.

October 31, 2009 10:35:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am asking in regard as to what lord erebus sacrifices in order to obtain free minions.  He doesn't even have to put up with the arbitrary mana cost of summoning a spirit ward.  What is he sacrificing to obtain minions?

October 31, 2009 10:43:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting mies,
I am asking in regard as to what lord erebus sacrifices in order to obtain free minions.  He doesn't even have to put up with the arbitrary mana cost of summoning a spirit ward.  What is he sacrificing to obtain minions?
Skill points.

Edit: plz stop posting on the dang necro'd thread ty.

October 31, 2009 10:51:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bhhaahahaha good point

November 1, 2009 8:27:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In doing this, did you get the xp / gold. or did erebus negate your xp / gold by incidentally killing his own creep wave?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.