The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Please nerf Lord Erebus and Oak

By on April 22, 2009 2:15:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lord Erebus and Oak are easy mode, they are better than all of the assassins and they get followers which are useful, not to mention the general glitch for healer blobs.

i dont have an idea how to fix them, but there skilless W+M1ness is horrifying and i will just kick players who decide to play them.

Please fix your mechanics .

0 Karma | 51 Replies
April 22, 2009 2:18:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While you are on it feel free to nerf Regulus aswell, oh and UB, maybe even Rook? So we can agree on nerfing everything but the QoT, Torchbearer and Sedna?

April 22, 2009 2:26:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook needs a buff if anything , more armor by default.

April 22, 2009 2:26:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why would we do that? They are FAIRLY reasonable, OAK and EREBUS are out of place and overpowered.

April 22, 2009 2:26:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sigh...

April 22, 2009 2:34:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OAK and EREBUS are not imba but with some itims, runn speed, attack speed and weapon ups thy are better then every assassin especial on hige lvl and with live leach. ATM most of this players invest all the mony in his hero so if you have a 3 v 3 or 2 on 2 you get easy outtecht..

April 22, 2009 2:46:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They are slightly too good.  Only slightly. Suggestions on how I think they'd be fixed are here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/348135/

April 22, 2009 3:30:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh noes, every Demigod is Over Powered! Quick! Nerf them all so we die to creeps!

April 22, 2009 5:02:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played 1on1 against Erebus the last day. He´s really annoying with his Bite. I played Sedna. At the first 10 minutes it looked like: Erebus overrunned my base. But then I was able to come back killed him a few times and destroyed his citadel finally

Don´t know if he needs a fix, maybe.

April 22, 2009 5:07:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah I haven't had problems playing against other Erebus.. but I roll over people with him. *shrugs*

I think a lot of it is newbs don't understand armor or how to play.

He's not like massively OP can't win against. Just has a tiny edge.  Like TB and Rook in phase3 had such a huge advantage; it's nothing like that.

April 22, 2009 5:07:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Had a person complain non stop about Erebus in game the other day. Play better people! He's fine, I never even use the dude and I got no complaints.

April 22, 2009 5:17:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, sign me up as an Erebus fan... I do have to agree with Innociv, when I play with him I tend to roll over people. Could simply be due to there being so many noobs out there right now though...

-Drexion/Ragarth

April 22, 2009 5:20:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol.

April 22, 2009 7:17:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i only agree with oak in the later stage, if you spec oak to pwn in the last lvl and achieve reaching those lvls without more deaths than opponent its a win, the passive pets are strong and easy to play

the problem is at start, to strenghten the pets you have to put a lot of talents you dont benefit at start and you are pretty weak and without CC

so in the end i find it quite balanced, the problem is 99% of ppl have no clue yet how to play well, if you play assassins vs oak you SHOULD make some kill since oak have no chance to kill you

erebus on the other way i just DONT think it is OP

its a bit weaker than oak even in the later stage, he got a very good CC with stun and even survive with teleport and vortex but his pets are WAY weaker and they regen slower than oak

oak drain life/mana too so oak in the last lvls is really strong while erebus doesnt scale so much, probably a bit stronger at start

l2p guys

April 22, 2009 8:21:06 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Lord Erebus and Oak are easy mode, they are better than all of the assassins and they get followers which are useful, not to mention the general glitch for healer blobs.

i dont have an idea how to fix them, but there skilless W+M1ness is horrifying and i will just kick players who decide to play them.

NO

but seriously oak, isnt overpowered, and if he is, its not by much at all, same with lord erebus

April 22, 2009 8:26:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Huh? You're going to kick players that choose to play Oak or Erebus? I don't want to sound rude... but, it seems like you just need to learn how to fight them properly. They are just as difficult/easy a fight as any other Demigod.

I don't think anyone is particularly overpowered in this game, but there are a few abilities that need to be balanced.

April 22, 2009 8:36:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To the OP:

You actually kick people who decide to play either Oak or Erebus? Apparently you haven't worked out any counters yet, which actually aren't to difficult to come up with. Remember, this is a team game... consider using demigods in tandem. Also, IMO Erebus has one of the weakest early games of all demigods and can't really even begin to shine until he aquires teleport. Late game he is hard to kill depending on the build used, but silence is death to Erebus. WHAAAAAT?!!! A counter to Erebus? This can not be. I have yet to have a problem against any team with oak when I go as QoT and HELP MY TEAM!!!

April 22, 2009 9:25:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

whinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhine

rabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabble

That's all I got out of your post. Seems like someone keeps getting reamed because they suck.

April 22, 2009 9:38:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If anything they should nerf his ability to kill steal. Was in a game before where I did about 2x as much damage as this Erebus player but he stole every kill that I was about to make as a TB. He ended up with like 25 kills and I ended up with over 30 assists thanks to all his kill stealing

April 22, 2009 10:33:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you strike Lord Erebus hard, you can kill him.

no need to nerf.

April 22, 2009 10:55:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RamzaBehoulve,
Lol.

April 22, 2009 10:59:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To the OP: Just be glad you were not in the beta where Oak's Spirits had over 2k+ health.

Also, it sounds like you need to play an Oak or Erebus against a good Regulus player from the beta.  That should get rid of all your complaints about them being overpowered and better than any assassin.

April 22, 2009 11:00:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting xsnakeeyesx,

quoting post

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

whinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhine

rabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabblerabble

That's all I got out of your post. Seems like someone keeps getting reamed because they suck.

No U

April 22, 2009 11:16:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So here's the deal with erebus (and oak to a lesser extent). Erebus is decent, but in order to for him to be godly (which he can be) he needs to be an extremely selfish player who only spends money on himself. There is an easy counter to that, and that is.. spend money on your army. Erebus doesn't really have good AoE (mist really doesn't do very much damage). If you're playing against a crazy erebus simply pour money into your army, and rely on your giants to take down his citadel.

There's a counter for just about any strategy, don't go cry nerf because you haven't found the answer yet.

If you feed any demigod (not just erebus) a lot of money and allow them to get artifacts, any demigod will be crazy good. It's just the way the game works.

April 22, 2009 12:22:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Crash486,
So here's the deal with erebus (and oak to a lesser extent). Erebus is decent, but in order to for him to be godly (which he can be) he needs to be an extremely selfish player who only spends money on himself. There is an easy counter to that, and that is.. spend money on your army. Erebus doesn't really have good AoE (mist really doesn't do very much damage). If you're playing against a crazy erebus simply pour money into your army, and rely on your giants to take down his citadel.

There's a counter for just about any strategy, don't go cry nerf because you haven't found the answer yet.

If you feed any demigod (not just erebus) a lot of money and allow them to get artifacts, any demigod will be crazy good. It's just the way the game works.

QFT. All people crying "Nerf Erebus" need to read this. +1 Karma for you.

April 22, 2009 12:32:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

STFU

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.