The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Balance suggestions : Post here or in demigod ideas?

By on April 21, 2009 8:04:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just a post to ask where balance suggestions should be posted, officially. From what I can see they're pretty evenly split across both at the moment.

Also just to say, I know connection problems as still priority number one for the devs, but that shouldn't be used as an excuse by some to stifle balance discussion in the mean time. Ideas need time to mature and gather feedback, no point in waiting untill they're ready to implement balance changes before we even start thinking about it.

+5 Karma | 8 Replies
April 21, 2009 8:32:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pretty good balance, Regulus and Unclean Beast need a slight nerf, but I'm happy with the game over all.

April 21, 2009 8:48:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i happen to find a bit overrated beast, many ppl say its OP but i beat them often, the only problem is if you die stupidly at start you let beast get 1 2 lvl advantage in those situation beast is OP and unstoppable, but in a normal game often beast is weaker at start

about the same for regulus, he is very helpful char to close the kills but his stats dont seem so strong at start

anyway id say this game is very well balanced for a release

April 21, 2009 8:50:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They should go in ideas i believe..

Though it's getting flooded with a billion demigod ideas when they already have the next 4 ones planned, and 50 threads of the same stuff that's been posted.

You could always post your ideas here https://forums.demigodthegame.com/348135 and bump it.

April 21, 2009 8:51:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Eh, was wondering where to post as well. I want to suggest switching some of the creeps HP pools around, the minotaurs die so quickly and the priests live so long... always thought it was weird that the minotaurs should die before any of the priests could heal them, seems sorta silly to me that the "tanks" in the creep world die faster than the "softies". Also, I keep seeing giant lines of priests and archers, but never any minotaurs. Again, seems silly to me.

April 21, 2009 8:57:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Because priests require warrank and money.

April 21, 2009 9:03:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For QoT, I'd gladly trade bubble spam for a more engaging activity.

April 21, 2009 9:16:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting innociv,
Because priests require warrank and money.
I beleive you're paying for their ability to heal and do some minor ranged DPS, not act as tanks. Also, I think their healing is meant to keep the creep tanks alive so that they can do some DPS, but it doesn't seem to be working out, since the minotaurs seem to die almost instantly... again, in the end you just get a giant line of priests healing themselves whenever they take damage, until you go in yourself and kill them all.

Also, upgrading minotaurs to 510hp and 400 armor (which prevents about 15% damage I think) costs 9600g and war rank 8... getting priests with 589hp costs 1800g at war rank 3, and they'll have 765hp if you spend the 9.6k in upgrades.

April 21, 2009 9:41:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

minotaurs, archers, priests, are pretty much fine.  Catapultasaurs alright too.  It's giants that have some issue because hey can sorta incite stale mates if boht teams get them kind of soon together.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000437   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.