The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

If you are frustrated with multiplayer try this...

By on April 21, 2009 12:31:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Arisal

Join Date 04/2008
+4

http://www.gameranger.com/

For all you people who dont know what game ranger is:

Game ranger is a simple program that allows people to create a custom game of demigod and not have to go through the pains of wondering if everyone can connect to everyone.  I have spent the past week just to play 2 custom games and 1 skirmish while wanting to pull my hair out.  After trying this I was in a 5v5 with in 5 minutes.  Heck the longest wait we had was having 10 people decide on which map to play and which demigod. 

Until the multiplayer is fixed to run this smooth you have nothing to loose but try.  Just look for game names with the latest version and you should be good to go once installed.

Locked Post 15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 21, 2009 12:32:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I back up this post, GameRanger really fixes any problems you may be having, though I play multiple Pantheon, Skirmish and Custom Games today, all connected quite fast and worked perfectly.

April 21, 2009 2:20:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Meh. Half the games on there are for people who pirated the game and don't have the latest update.

April 21, 2009 3:50:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nullzero98,
Meh. Half the games on there are for people who pirated the game and don't have the latest update.

Who cares - I paid for the game to play less than pirates using a superior service? At least they ARE playing. I can't even play right now because of an account glitch.

April 21, 2009 4:35:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This program works AWESOME! I was playing all day with no issues and I am falling in love with DG. *blush*

April 21, 2009 12:12:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Arsonide,

Who cares - I paid for the game to play less than pirates using a superior service? At least they ARE playing. I can't even play right now because of an account glitch.

/agree

Is this alright with the devs? I mean it keeps our interest in the game while they work on an official fix. (And ill be back on when its fixed)

April 21, 2009 12:23:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does gameranger allow you to play the Pantheon?

April 21, 2009 12:24:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zanshin77,
Does gameranger allow you to play the Pantheon?

No, these are only custom "LAN" games, but you can earn favor points.

Yes, there are pirates also use the program, but there are quite a lot of proper LEGIT users, just look for games that say LEGIT .93, ect. This is hte only way i've played matches for the past two days, and I must say, It's heads above the competition (built-in)

April 21, 2009 12:33:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I don't care if there are pirates.
What I do care about is being able to play against people, not just one or two other players + the rest being AI. Last time I played the pantheon, half of the players were humans and one of them disconnected during the game. Not fun.

April 21, 2009 12:39:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Meh, it keeps kicking me out for no reason with the excuse 'no multiple logins', it's OK, when it works.

April 21, 2009 12:44:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thank you so much for posting this, GameRanger is awesome

April 21, 2009 12:48:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I keep getting a black screen with using Gameranger.  Which is frustrating, but nothing compared to spending 2 hours trying to get a game on the Parthenon.

April 21, 2009 12:52:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is this alright with the devs?

Well, if you look at Frogboy's post https://forums.demigodthegame.com/348096 , he specifically says:

But if you’re having problems with getting multiplayer going, I have to say, GameRanger works pretty well and it is doing basically the same thing we’re in the process of setting up.

April 21, 2009 1:01:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gameranger doesnt start my game when a host fires it up. No idea why its happening as i posted in another thread. Looks like i'll have to stick with the broken normal connecting.

April 21, 2009 1:07:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@Lucifon - Have you tried going to Edit->Options in game ranger and then scrolling down to demigod and check the path?  I think it autodetects which games you have installed and bolds them.  Is it bold in the list for you?  If not you should still be able to browse to the demigod.exe so it boots up.

April 21, 2009 1:09:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Lucifon,
Gameranger doesnt start my game when a host fires it up. No idea why its happening as i posted in another thread. Looks like i'll have to stick with the broken normal connecting.

Check out Hamachi then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: