The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Do you get Gold/XP from Minion Kills?

By on April 20, 2009 1:56:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If I'm playing a General and my Minions kill a creep while I'm on the far side of the map do I still get the gold and XP from it?  What about if I'm nearby?  (obviously I still get XP, but what about gold?)

+11 Karma | 12 Replies
April 20, 2009 2:12:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yup.

April 20, 2009 4:17:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JLP2005,
Yup.

Really? i tried this and got nothing. I was at my Cit and have my minions run out and kill a few things and i got nothing.

I'll have to test again i guess.

April 20, 2009 4:48:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You get nothing.

You lose.

Good day, sir.

April 20, 2009 6:55:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gold maybe experience no.

April 20, 2009 11:25:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You do get gold as long as your minions do at least 25% of the damage to a given grunt.  You will not get xp unless you are within range of the kill (30 meters).  If your minions kill a DG anywhere on the map you will get full gold and xp for the kill.

April 20, 2009 1:15:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What about the other way around: Does a Demigod get gold/experience when he kills one of my minions? I'm not sure if it is a good idea to throw minions at the enemy when this only makes him stronger.

April 20, 2009 1:30:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

YOur minions dont give any gold or xp

April 20, 2009 1:32:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Minions give neither gold nor xp when killed. 

However on the subject of giving your enemies a leg up, upgrading your grunt stream to priests early can sometimes be considered throwing your enemy free xp and gold, since the waves are still easily killed and priests give alot more gold and xp than archers or minos do.  The only map where I'd consider the early upgrade would be Crucible...

If you don't feel like burst-upgrading to catas then invest in a couple of levels of grunt armor and maybe damage before you get priests.  It will really help prevent the easy farm...

April 20, 2009 1:32:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, you do.

I had a huge argument last night in IRC about this because I thought that they didn't give gold.  You have to meet a certain number of conditions like 25% of the damage has to come from you, and some others, but they give very small amounts of gold (I think minotaurs give 4 a piece)

April 20, 2009 1:37:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think we are getting confused on terms here:

Idol summons like monks and siege archers, as well as unique summons like Yetis and Spirits, provide neither gold nor xp when killed.

Portal grunts like minotaurs, archers, priests, angels, and catapultasaurs provide both xp and gold when killed. 

Minions vs Grunts/Creeps/Reinforcements : No XP/Gold vs XP/Gold

April 20, 2009 9:53:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Minions vs Grunts/Creeps/Reinforcements : No XP/Gold vs XP/Gold

This last bit is what I wanted to know.  Thanks.

April 20, 2009 9:54:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Doesn't this imply that a mega-minion general would recieve much less gold than an Assasin because much of their DPS will be coming from minions.

Even if he's attacking the grunts themselves, his minions will be doing more than 25% of the damage on many of them.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.