The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

In skirmish and pantheon: Send more users in after one fails to connect

By on April 19, 2009 7:36:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So, currently it seems that in skirmish and pantheon games, four (usually) players are placed together, and they try to connect. One (usually) of the people is unable to connect. Once  that player leaves/is ejected, someone else should be placed in the game to connect instead. It seems like a very simple way  to make finding a game much faster and easier, and would also possibly make it easier to connect 6+ players.

+15 Karma | 5 Replies
April 19, 2009 8:20:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im sure something like this is being worked on considering the amount of people who are complainign about the AI in games i find it way more fun to play against real people as well

April 19, 2009 8:25:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hell no. Imagine waiting the five minutes to connect into a Skirmish game... only to find out that you were placed in a position that was recently made vacant because they were getting crushed. You lose and you didn't even have a chance to display your skills. How frustrating would that be?

April 19, 2009 8:32:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting vindKtiv,
Hell no. Imagine waiting the five minutes to connect into a Skirmish game... only to find out that you were placed in a position that was recently made vacant because they were getting crushed. You lose and you didn't even have a chance to display your skills. How frustrating would that be?

You are talking about in-game. They are talking about the lobby.

April 19, 2009 8:35:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah he(we) means in the lobby to make it so more people can attempt to connect than the max slots, and the first ones to connect make it in.

April 19, 2009 8:48:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just posted about this as well...anyway, I agree, I see that it picks players, adds AI, players connect and if it's an uneven or 3 or less actual players in the match, the game never starts.  For one, they need to add in a function that searches for more players to get atleast to 4 players minimum.  Also, they need to add in AI after all players have been found/connected, i've seen games NOT start because there were 4 players, all connected, but the game wouldn't start because there was 5 AI(someone dropped during connections so instead of a 5vs5 it's now 4vs5)

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.