The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A new german translation for Demigod hits the ground

By on April 19, 2009 7:14:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock ForumsExternal Link

Hey there.

What a week. Demigod was released, we were fighting against server issues, saw many Admins or Admins___ out there on the IRC chat and finally managed to get a few games done.

I hope you´re enjoying your Demigod matches and I´m looking forward for network fixes, too. But maybe you find another problem, beside some network issues. Maybe you started your Demigod, looked up some demigods and their spell descirptions and thought: "Wow, this really sounds ... strange."

This is the point where TheBigOne, Kaesmuffin and Nokthra are coming into play. After some matches we were interested, how the translation of the game will look like. So we changed the game language into german and we realized:

Atari did not covered itself with glory.

So we started to translate the whole game on our own. After nearly two weeks and some long nights, we think we´re almost finished the translation. You´ll find a link to the updated .lua file below. Maybe you want to give this new translation a chance:

Head over to "Program Files\Stardock Games\Demigod\loc\DE ". There you´ll find a file named "strings_db.lua". We advise you, to backup your current .lua file, just to be sure.

Copy our updated .lua file into this directory. If you didn´t changed your game language into german at all and don´t know how to change it, go to:

"My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod "

You´ll find a file called "Game.prefs ". First of all, make a backup of this file, just to be sure Then open this file with notepad, search for the following line "options_overrides = { " and add this "language = 'DE', " right under it.

Now, launch Demigod and if everything worked fine, you´ll have Demigod in german now.

We hope you´ll find our translation good enough. But if you think: "Man, didn´t they realized this failure?" or "I have a better translation for this spell/tooltip/whatever.", please, post your thoughts in this  thread. If you have other comments on this, please, post there

The link to the updated .lua file:

http://mipi.tsd.to/demigod/translation/updated_lua_file.rar

Last updatet: 22.09.2009

We hope you´ll enjoy Demigod a long time. Remember: There are two new demigods coming with the first content patch

See you in Demigod!

+29 Karma | 28 Replies
June 22, 2009 10:39:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I see someone else is already doing a Dutch one, BTW.

Yeah, but i choosed not to translate names

September 18, 2009 11:53:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi there.

It seems that we will get the next big update from Stardock/GasPoweredGames in the next days

So I just updated the german translated lua file with the latest stuff, hope everything is nic.

In order to "install" the update lua file, follow the instructions mentioned in the first post.

And remember, if you find any bugs/text that sounds weird/what ever, please leave a comment here.

Greetings,

Nokthra

September 22, 2009 4:21:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Again, updated the lua file for german localisation. Feel free to use it and comment on it.

Greetings,

Nokthra

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.