'Xcuse the double post(http://forums.stardock.com/347470/page/11)... consider it as my urgent need to get it fixed.
But the most funniest thing is, how I "got" it. I was playing for a few days just fine, but had huge lags all along. I tried to find out why and read that I should turn of UPnP. So I did that.
Turns out that I get the message above. I turn UPnP back on, and the problem is still there. So since a few days, I keep fighting the suicidal AIs and searching for a solution. I have a D'link Router 524. Here's what I did so far:
* Added entries to Firewall and Router for Ports UDP 6000, 16000, 6073, 6100-6200. (PFPortChecker reports me that only 6000 is reachable, though)
* Tried to turn all Safety Programs and Protocols off, includig DMZ
* Ping to Stardock cvp Stuff works well, no packet loss
* Used the patched(!) version of that "Specify NAT Ports" gadget in the bin Folder
* Some also advice to set the router not to do a "Symmetric NAT", but turns out my router doesnt offer that option. In fact, I cant find anything about changing the NAT protocols of my router at all.
So... I BEG YOU gimme some advice! I loved playing online, even with the lags, and miss it so much. How could it suddenly stop working without having done anything that has to do (at least from my point of view / knowledge) with that NAT facilitator thingy?
Is it because my the ports other than 6000 are unreachable? Then why did it work before?