The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Join the Community in SAVING Demigod

By on April 19, 2009 1:54:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Now, while the reviews are likely to have a pretty serious impact on sales, it does not affect our plans to continue to release updates and enhancements to the game nor does it affect our plans to release additional free Demigods."

-Brad Wardell

When Spore came out with a serious DRM issue, gamers who never even played the game hit Amazon.com with a ton of negative reviews.

With Demigod, we all know the multiplayer issues for week one, but should that condemn Demigod? I don't think so. Perhaps than we can all take a half hour to post player reviews on various sites to get the word out. I have posted reviews at IGN, Amazon.com, and Metacritic. I tried at Gamespot, but I don't have a paid account. If their is another site, lemme know. If you don't have an account with one that's free (like IGN), its easy to create one and get the word out.

Stardock is taking full blame for everything that's happened, but they deserve better.

join this grassroots campaign and show our appreciation for a quality title.

jorune

+1 Karma | 18 Replies
April 19, 2009 2:00:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll be doing this when I get off work. GREAT idea. Flood the non-beleivers with fluffy positive goodness.

April 19, 2009 2:00:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The problem is that I couldn't recommend for anybody to buy this game as it currently stands.  Even at $10 less than most other PC games, it's still not worth the price.  Most of the reviews are telling people to wait a few months until things are worked out a bit more, and I can't disagree with that sentiment.

It's unfortunate, because I like this game and I want to see it succeed, but the truth is it needs more time, and if that hurts their sales then that's the price that must be paid.  I think it's wrong to ask people to go out and post positive reviews of the game to try and get people to buy a game they will most likely be disappointed by, at least for now.

April 19, 2009 2:03:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I bought this game, and I'm honestly regretting it right now. I enjoy the points in time where I'm actually able to play, but that has included single player, and exactly zero multiplayer games in ~2 hours of trying.

The fact that Stardock is taking full responsibility for botching the release is, to be fair, pretty much owning up to the fact that they DO deserve what they're getting.

April 19, 2009 2:15:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LogicX7,
I bought this game, and I'm honestly regretting it right now. I enjoy the points in time where I'm actually able to play, but that has included single player, and exactly zero multiplayer games in ~2 hours of trying.

The fact that Stardock is taking full responsibility for botching the release is, to be fair, pretty much owning up to the fact that they DO deserve what they're getting.

I am starting my second single player tournament and have played 4 multiplayer games, usually one a night (married with kids, don't have alot of time). I haven't had any problems because I play with a 'guild'. So I'm luckier than most and haven't seen most of the problems that others are talking about. So from my end, I can only recommend it. Hopefully over the course of next week (with some client side server thing Brad is talking about), your issues will be resolved and than you can join in.

But I appreciate and respect your sincere replies.

And don't feel too burned because, believe it or not, Stardock does offer a refund if you're really unhappy with the game (doesn't matter if you bought it at a store, they will refund your money). But stick it out and I think it'll all be worth it.

jorune

April 19, 2009 2:54:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PossiblyImpossible,
The problem is that I couldn't recommend for anybody to buy this game as it currently stands.  Even at $10 less than most other PC games, it's still not worth the price.  Most of the reviews are telling people to wait a few months until things are worked out a bit more, and I can't disagree with that sentiment.

It's unfortunate, because I like this game and I want to see it succeed, but the truth is it needs more time, and if that hurts their sales then that's the price that must be paid.  I think it's wrong to ask people to go out and post positive reviews of the game to try and get people to buy a game they will most likely be disappointed by, at least for now.

Yeah, I would never tell someone to buy it now. For sure once the connectivity problems are fixed, I would recommend it in a heartbeat, but right now the game does not even work. I'd rather have someone buy it when it did work and have a good first impression and stick around longer.

I'm not going anywhere though. Demigod is too much damn fun.

April 19, 2009 2:58:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't get why people would say not to buy it right now? I've had some problems here and there connecting. Usually though, I host a game and can get a 3v3 started fairly quickly. My friends also play and we always can get into games together.

Right now this is the most fun i've had with a game in a long time. I'd recommend it right now, but obviously in a months time things will be better, stability wise.

April 19, 2009 2:59:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd love to go around posting positive reviews in a bid to get their scores up - however I honestly haven't played enough to do so. Apart from the single player component, I haven't played anywhere near enough Multiplayer to form a well founded opinion. I expect a lot of people would be in the same boat.

Posting a positive opinion about a game I can't play is as dishonest as reviewers posting negative reviews of the same game.

April 19, 2009 3:05:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't play games online usualy . The game is fine for me as it is only $40 not $60+ that you pay at other digital download sites. I like the DOTA style of gameplay I never tried this type of gameplay before. But I do want stardock to fix the multiplayer just in case i decide to play online for some reason in the future. I am more dissapointed that there is no Replay system like SupCom had. Replays are the best time waster there is.

April 19, 2009 3:10:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting clownkill,
I don't play games online usualy . The game is fine for me as it is only $40 not $60+ that you pay at other digital download sites. I like the DOTA style of gameplay I never tried this type of gameplay before. But I do want stardock to fix the multiplayer just in case i decide to play online for some reason in the future. I am more dissapointed that there is no Replay system like SupCom had. Replays are the best time waster there is.

Replays are coming, they just don't work properly yet.

April 19, 2009 4:28:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock is taking full blame for everything that's happened, but they deserve better.

join this grassroots campaign and show our appreciation for a quality title.

Even though I have faith in Stardock/GPG, and I applaud your effort, I, for one, am not going to do this until they solved some issues. At the moment, I'm struggling to even play this game. In SP, my FPS drops to 2-3 FPS midway a game, and I haven't even TRIED MP with that kind of FPS because it's pointless.

April 19, 2009 10:57:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,

Posting a positive opinion about a game I can't play is as dishonest as reviewers posting negative reviews of the same game.

I am in no way suggesting that those who dislike the game, or those who are having problems playing the game should go out and write positive reviews when they ARE NOT feeling good about the game experience.

But there are many of us (I'm not saying all of us, or most of us), who are able to play the game with no problems and are enjoying it. And it is to those people whom I say get out there and let people know how good it is. I for one can ONLY recommend the game to my friends because it runs great on my laptop, I'm able to play with fellow qt3 members and have had a great multiplayer experience. This is actually the FIRST game that I've played this much multiplayer (i'm a single player kinda guy).

As for it taking months to fix the multiplayer problems, sounds like it'll be more like weeks according to Frogboy. And Stardock has been quick on addressing issues. Hopefully by next weekend all you fellow players  here will have your problems resolved.

Once again, thanks for all the mature responses. No, its not exactly what I would have wanted to hear, but you guys/gals make this an interesting community to be a part of.

Jorune

April 19, 2009 11:10:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In SP, my FPS drops to 2-3 FPS midway a game, and I haven't even TRIED MP with that kind of FPS because it's pointless.

That sounds like a hardware issue -- do you match the minimum specs?  Did you try running it from a clean boot?

April 19, 2009 11:25:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod has a much bigger problem than DRM or no DRM. It's overpriced for the content it offers.

April 19, 2009 11:32:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am 99% positive this game is great even though I only played it in SP (Euro DSL). So, of course when I get a chance to play it online, I'll spread the word about it.

April 19, 2009 11:51:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You guys can help here to please - https://forums.demigodthegame.com/347590

April 19, 2009 11:53:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting PossiblyImpossible,

id tell someone to buy it now if

a )  the have good internet

b )  know how to deal with routers

April 19, 2009 11:59:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anyone having problems playing multyplayer, you NEED to go and DL the monk's guide to Demigod networking.

It seriously solved everything.

April 19, 2009 12:12:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I dont think the game needs saving. They need to clean up the multiplayer and put in some bug fixes for movement stalling and things like that and its good. Then they need to add clans etc.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000922   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.