The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod difficulty levels and modding

By on April 17, 2009 11:24:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So after reading the manual, it said that on Hard/Nightmare, the only difference is in gold gained and hitpoints.

Well, after playing through the singleplayer tournament a few times now both under Normal and Hard, I noticed that on Hard the AI gets a lot more experience too. In fact, I was trouncing them and then suddenly my entire team gets wiped out and I see them being 6 levels higher than me (and 8 than the rest of my team) and eventually after an hour of battling, it was simply impossible to beat them because they were all level 20, while I was the highest with 16 on my team. They also had no problems tearing through my team's almost fully upgraded forces while their citadel was still level 4 and didn't even have priests. In fact, they regenerated faster than all my team's damage combined could deal to them and they still killed all of us while we were standing at the base health crystal.

So I got rather annoyed at that and went through the files to see what the deal is. I found it in dgdata.zip/lua/game.lua.

The AI on hard in fact gets 1.5 times the gold AND experience (not hp!) than the human player and his team. On nightmare 2x as much for both. Not exactly what the manual stated.

So I then went on to change that to a smaller boost and put the file back into the dgdata.zip at store level (uncompressed). Well, problem is now the game won't run because of an MD5 mismatch... So I reverted to my backup and created a lua folder both in the main game folder and under bindata with the game.lua, but the game refuses to acknowledge its there.

So how can I mod this game for an actually enjoyable gaming experience?

+1 Karma | 16 Replies
April 17, 2009 11:31:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As AI doesn't get smarter as you improve difficulty I suggest you to stay in normal difficulty.

April 17, 2009 11:33:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well me and my friend have beaten 2 Nightmares in 2on2 without huge problems. I fear, that for Coop games AI is way to weak

April 17, 2009 11:42:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First of all, thanks for the replies

Don't get me wrong, I already beat the game on Hard Tournament with 3 demigods, its just rather frustrating at times, especially the case above.

The reason I play on Hard is because on Normal, I get 1.5x the experience, so its really lopsided in my favor. An optimum solution would be to mod the game for no bonuses either way, or a slight bonus for the AI team, but not as vast as they currently are.

I just wish the game would actually allow me to mod it.

April 17, 2009 11:57:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Here, I made this post during the beta, but it still applies.

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=412581

Note: You will have to revert the change (rename the folder and zip file back) to play online.

April 17, 2009 12:04:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol on "normal" the game is to easy, on hard the AI starts cheating....funny ^^

April 17, 2009 12:14:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just wanted to say thanks to you sorian (love sorian AI for supcom btw ) and i was wondering if you are in the progress of making some nice mods for demigod?

oh and for anyone who's wondering the solution sorian provided works perfectly ive modded a bit myself

April 17, 2009 2:05:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for your suggestion Sorian, trying it now.

Oh, and karma point of course.

April 17, 2009 2:31:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yay, karma.

I will mod the heck out of this game as soon as they release the modding patch. Modding, at moment, is pretty much pointless. Anyone running a mod will be unable to play with someone else online (not sure about lan + hamachi).

July 28, 2009 9:26:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could you please explain exactly what you have to do to modify those values?  The location of the file would be very helpful.

August 24, 2009 2:52:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello Everyone
I want to know where are these parameter and Functions:
1.Increase Torch Bearer's Fire ball damage.
2.How to Increase Maximum health gained by Level up.
3.Q : Can I add new Items?If yes,how can I?
4.Q : How can I Edit Different Items?
I've already edited Starting gold-Maximum Level cap and enabled Modding.
Please Help.

August 24, 2009 4:23:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

1) \units\heroes\HEMA01\HEMA01_Abilities.lua

2) \lua\common\BuffDefBaseStats.lua

3) Yes. Add the the item to one of the files located here: lua\common\Items and also add it to one of the shops localted here: units\ug\b\ugbshop##

4) You can find the items where I said above and edit them to your liking.

HTH

August 25, 2009 2:51:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OK.

1.Where can i edit the damage of normal attack(Torch Bearer)?and different heros?

2.How can i prevent the AI reach levels uper than 20?

August 25, 2009 2:51:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

PLEASE!Somebody help!

Will somebody answer or not?

Here is Asia and clock is 12:15

August 26, 2009 2:48:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

First read this: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=523946

Then take a look at the files and do some footwork.

If you have never used lua before I am sure someone can point to a good resource somewhere.

August 26, 2009 3:15:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No!I have already used them but i found the affects of abilitys in another place: lua\common\items

I've already prepared Demigod for modding and i moded :Torch Bearer's Spells - Item affects - maximum level cap - starting gold and ...

But I sometimes cannot find .lua files with WinGrep.

August 26, 2009 4:02:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I only cannot find which file to edit Torch Beare's normal Attacks and dunno how to prevent AI reach level 21.

12:32 pm

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.