The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

mana regen question

By on April 16, 2009 4:13:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've noticed on a few of the different bits of equipment (mostly helmets) that there are 2 different types of mana regen modifiers.  The flat +XX mana per second regeneration, or a percentage based regeneration.  Does one hold a greater benefit than the other? is the percent based one better for casters, and the flat rate one better for the more melee oriented DGs?

Anyone that can lend me some knowledge would definitely be much appreciated.

+3 Karma | 8 Replies
April 16, 2009 4:18:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It depends on what you are building, but generally flat rate then %, because the flat rate will help you more early and the % more later.  I generally go Vlemish and then Plenor if I need it.  hope that helps

April 16, 2009 4:26:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that out tonight!

When you say Vlemish and then Plenor, do you mean that you'll sell the Vlemish and upgrade to Plenor? or have the Plenor in addition to the Vlemish?

April 16, 2009 4:26:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yup, agree with kestrel, go for the flat numbers early on because +11 is better than 50% of 3

April 16, 2009 4:28:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Think of it this way - the lower your regen is, the better the flat rate is over a percentage.

Say if you have +10/s regen, adding a +10 regen item is effectively +100% regen, and using a 70% regen item in this case would only give you a +7.

But, if you have +20/s, adding +10 is only a 50% regen bonus, while a 70% regen item adds +14.

So the higher your base regen is, the more effective a percetage boost becomes over a flat value. The exact point at which a percentage becomes better would depend on a bunch of things (level, build, and whether it uses base regen or modified regen which I'm not sure about).

April 16, 2009 4:41:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

is there an easy way to check out the regen values of the DGs at various levels? is it mostly a level effected thing? or moreso abilities?

or is it really a play by feel thing that you just learn after you've played for a while?

April 16, 2009 5:09:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no real rule of thumb yet, but Vlemish is usually the first item I buy in this build.  I'll only add Plenor if I find myself running out of mana before a given fight is over, and your abilities shouldn't use too much mana til level 7 or so, depending on your DG and build...If you are really spell heavy you might want to consider one of the flat-rate mana items in the favor menu to start with...

Generally if I need that much mana I'll keep both items, because the % will stack on the flat rate. 

Sevenix did a nice chart progression of the DG stats in Beta 3, but the numbers won't apply anymore.  When someone technical and awesome makes one for this build you'll be able to chart precisely at what point it becomes more effective to go % for a given DG by level. 

April 16, 2009 5:36:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the great explanations all.

April 16, 2009 9:13:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

is there an easy way to check out the regen values of the DGs at various levels? is it mostly a level effected thing? or moreso abilities?

On the bottom right of your Demigod's portrait is the Status button, it will show your equipped items and all the stats. You can hover over the health and energy numbers to see the exact regen rates for them.

Damage and attack speed and all that other good stuff is also shown there.

Until someone makes a spreadsheet though you have to check each one like that individually

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.