The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

1UP delays review 24 hours...article

By on April 16, 2009 12:32:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can read what they had to say here: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173758

Quote: 

Except now I'm in the odd spot of both looking forward to playing a game I've been anticipating for a while, and dreading the possibility that I might have to write something depressing tomorrow. I'd much rather spend the day doing the first one. 

+4 Karma | 7 Replies
April 16, 2009 12:37:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Good catch.

I assume that the writer is aware of the networking problems, and he is hoping for a quick fix by review time. Perhaps the Day 2 patch will make a difference (response to it has been very positive thus far)? Let's hope so.

EDIT: Yeah, he's taking Brad's words to heart and giving Stardock time to get things up and running. Bravo. Unlike the Gamespot writer, he is willing to review the game that people will be playing, not the disaster of the first 24-48 hours. The networking issues are not the result of a bad game, but overwhelming load and piracy. It'll get better.

April 16, 2009 1:02:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exactly. I really feel the way that Gamespot jumped on it so fast was very unfair. I mean how much time did the reviewer actually have with the game? From launch that is. So he played it first day on the 14th then posted review on 15th...wrote it, made video review all that...after 1 day. Just doesnt seem proper.

April 16, 2009 1:06:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Tekkor,
Exactly. I really feel the way that Gamespot jumped on it so fast was very unfair. I mean how much time did the reviewer actually have with the game? From launch that is. So he played it first day on the 14th then posted review on 15th...wrote it, made video review all that...after 1 day. Just doesnt seem proper.

For many gaming sites, it's simply a race to be the first to get up a review. The early reviews generate a lot of hits because early buyers are searching for opinions, and said opinions are often limited at launch (depending on when the publisher makes the game avaliable for review).

Sad, I know.

April 16, 2009 1:14:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/gas-powered-games-project/973447p1.html

seems like gamespy is going to give them the benefit of the doubt as well.  Good to hear.

April 16, 2009 1:15:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sometimes, you'll end up buying the game and playing through it and go back to the review and then truely wonder how much time that reviewer spend on the game. I've seen instances, where if the review played a bit longer, things that he griped about were resolved or changed to make things easier.

I still remember Suikoden IV getting docked for how slow it takes for the boat to move between islands. What the reviewer didn't know was that you could actually press a button and speed up the travel. Or, you get a reviewer that hates a specific genre, reviewing that genre, and not giving it a chance.

April 16, 2009 1:16:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Demigod Review Postponed on Account of Game Don't Work"

Somebody who capitilizes words like that and who says "don't work" should not be taken seriously.

April 16, 2009 1:17:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well actually I will correct myself...I know that Frogboy said that they had given them a early release copy I guess...so technically the reviewer had probably been playing single player for a few days anyway. But then only gave the actual release 1 day.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.