The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

(opinion) Somethings I should have made a bigger deal of in beta

These are pretty standard in strategy games, why are they missing?

By on April 14, 2009 6:41:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So sorry, this is a double post:   But in my defense the 'beta feedback' thread is now gone so maybe the original thread is gone?   Anyway, I feel that somehow these points were missed and need to apparently be re:addressed.  They aren't game breaking, but they are pretty important to making the game feel complete in my opinion.

#1:   picking colors!    Every person I've watched fire up demigod has said the same thing.   "Why can't I pick colors?"   (ok there are only two people besides myself, so thats not many.  But its still 100%).  

I know I said it in beta and knew it would be low priority, but I'm shocked it made it to final.  I figured it was a temp color choice method because nobody took the time to actually do color optoins yet.   But this is now a completed game, and I don't remember last time I played a developed game that had colors assigned to each player and I had such a archaic means of selecting color as is based on player order.

If you want to keep dark on dark and light on light, just create two color lists (brighter/darker version of the same color list based on which side you're on)

#2:  Random demigod:    This one isn't nearly as significant as the 1st one, but its still a pretty big thing.  I mean there could easily be a '?" button on the demigod section screen,.  It would just be in the center or something like that.   It can use Math.random() for all I care, as long as its there.  (for those who don't know programming, math.random() is generally considered a very poor number generator)

#3:  color options for minmap:   When I know I need to worry about a particular player or players, (either because I want to help him or keep away from him)  it really helps if I can tell them by color on the mini-map.  This is especially true when it starts to become a cluster-F*** of guys in 5V5 games, which minions swarming all over.   As it stands this the game uses green for good, red for bad... which is fine, except that shouldn't be the only option.  In most games, I accidently turn it to that mini-map color option and it drives me nuts until I can figure how to turn it off.  

(I feel the order are importance is as the numbers go.  I wouldn't even really complain about 2 and 3 if 1 was satisfied.  I mean, as I said.  everybody I have made buy this game so far has asked the same question when they started playing.)

+154 Karma | 5 Replies
April 14, 2009 6:54:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with #1 and #3. Customizable camera movement keys is another thing. Is there really a reason to have WASDQE fixed?

April 17, 2009 12:53:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeah totally.  The unbindable camera keys are especially bad for me because "WASD" are not near each other, in fact, A and S are on exact opposite sides of my keyboard.  

for me they should be bound to     AOE<'.

April 17, 2009 3:17:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with all of the above!

April 17, 2009 4:11:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

agree. all are good ideas and are standar issue to the interface of similar games. 

April 17, 2009 5:06:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, yes, and yes! Frogboy, I you, and DG is the bee's knees (the QoT's knees?), but DG is noticeably rougher around the edges than some of your other efforts...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.