The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[BUG]Stuttering sound

By on April 14, 2009 8:56:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Even after release and the new patch, my sound in the menus still stutters, especially when choosing a Demigod.  It basically sounds like a broken record.  This problem is only in the menu screens for me, not in game.  I've put my sound quality to low and turned the system reverb off and still no difference, so I don't think it's my sound card.

0 Karma | 8 Replies
April 14, 2009 8:59:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have that problem as well, I can provide dxdiag info at request.

I'm also getting crashes in Pantheon but not in custom matches.

April 14, 2009 12:06:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do you have a soundblaster X-Fi? This issue seems to be most common with those.

April 14, 2009 1:34:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Dont know about the above player but I have x-fi audigy 2 sound card and having the studdering issue. Any ideas for work arounds or eta on fix?

April 14, 2009 7:00:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My sound card is SoundMax Digital Audio.  I presume that's what you're asking for?

April 14, 2009 9:03:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also have a SoundMax Digital Audio AD1986A I believe to be precise. When there are lots of sounds on the screen it seems to really bog down the game to the point that it is unplayable. I tried setting the audio settings to low and reverb to off, but it still slows way down to the point that it's unplayable. I know my hardwarde is up to snuff, I run WiC at high at 1280x1024 and don't have a problem and the game seems to start fine, but once the enemy shows up and things get going the large number of samples seem to cause a massive slow down. Any ideas?

That said, I love the game and Stardock! You guys do a lot of great things. I'll try to be patient for a work around.

April 15, 2009 12:35:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This might sound goofy, but I set my audio to stereo speakers only and a mic and now I don't have any problems. I had a similiar issue with Left 4 Dead...not with crashing, but with the mic not working while in quadraphonic mode. If you're running surround speakers, maybe try setting them to stereo only?

April 15, 2009 12:41:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I posted on another thread that I had the exact same symptoms as some of the guys above (stutering sound, extremly bad performance) and updating my sound drivers (SB Audigy 2) solved the problems.  So update all your drivers, make sure your DirectX is up to date, etc.

April 15, 2009 9:56:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, problem is I can't find any newer drivers for my SoundMax HD Audio....Asus only has the drivers released back in 2007 on their page and I can't find any newer ones for the AD1986A chipset....I can play in stereo I guess. Next time I'll either buy a discreet sound card or get a motherboard with audio that is better supported. Direct X is up to date.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000687   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.