The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Day 0 update is now out!

v1.00.47

By on April 14, 2009 5:04:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Impulse version: v1.00.47

Game EXE version: 1.00.0091
CVP version: 1.0

This version migrates licensed users to the new server clusters to play. Should be much more responsive and the multiplayer handling should be much nicer.

+20 Karma | 14 Replies
April 14, 2009 9:51:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sweet. See this is why you don't whinge within the first few weeks of a game launch.

April 14, 2009 10:45:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Excellent news - great to hear that this was implemented on it's "official" street date

April 14, 2009 10:58:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Let's hope this helps some of the issues people were having

April 14, 2009 11:01:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We hope/expect to release another update this week to help on some of the connectivity issues some users are having.

Here's what we've found already. If you connect to 1 other person right now, you have a 90% chance of success.  But by the time you get to 5 people, it'd down to like 30%.  So we need to try to migrate things so that players have a lot more control over that connection process so that hosts can eject players who have connection problems rather than having 1 person keep others from joining.

April 14, 2009 11:11:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yup from my experience last night, which are probably the beta servers:

Success rate of custom games trying for 20 minutes

1v1:  90%

2v2:  50%

3v3:  10%

4v4:  0%

5v5:  0%

April 14, 2009 11:29:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome!!

There was a late night flood of people trying to play around 10-11 PM EST yesterday, and I got into 2-3 games...after waiting for almost 3 minutes on the "Connecting to players..." screen. Two of those games just died out before they started (waiting too long for people to fill slots, probably loading forever like I was), and in the 3rd game (a 3v3) 2 of the players just disconnected or got dropped, not sure which. But while  it was going on, it was a frenetic, beautiful experience. Total nerdgasmic fun. ))

April 14, 2009 11:55:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well for those of you not familiar with how Stardock does things, hold on to your hats.  We find a problem, we fix it ourselves (if we can) or work with our dev partner to get it fixed.  Another update this week and another update next week in all likelyhood. Why? Because if you wait too long to address customer suggestions, bugs, etc. you end up losing the community.

Kills me when I buy a game and I have to wait a month or two to get an update.  Not here.

April 14, 2009 12:23:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Well for those of you not familiar with how Stardock does things, hold on to your hats.  We find a problem, we fix it ourselves (if we can) or work with our dev partner to get it fixed.  Another update this week and another update next week in all likelyhood. Why? Because if you wait too long to address customer suggestions, bugs, etc. you end up losing the community.

Kills me when I buy a game and I have to wait a month or two to get an update.  Not here.

I want to make sweet, sweet, love to you, sir.

April 14, 2009 12:42:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

How do you know if you have the latest version? 

Within Impulse, on the My Games tab, Demigod shows as v1.00.  What should this read if I have the latest?

Within the game, on the main screen in the lower-right corner, it shows "Version Number BG MAIN.1.00.0091".  What should this read if I have the latest?

Thanks.

April 14, 2009 12:43:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting alban987,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 7Well for those of you not familiar with how Stardock does things, hold on to your hats.  We find a problem, we fix it ourselves (if we can) or work with our dev partner to get it fixed.  Another update this week and another update next week in all likelyhood. Why? Because if you wait too long to address customer suggestions, bugs, etc. you end up losing the community.

I want to make sweet, sweet, love to you, sir.

You can have him after me.

April 14, 2009 12:46:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How do you know if you have the latest version?

Within Impulse, on the My Games tab, Demigod shows as v1.00. What should this read if I have the latest?

Within the game, on the main screen in the lower-right corner, it shows "Version Number BG MAIN.1.00.0091". What should this read if I have the latest?

Thanks.

My understanding is that Impulse will show v1.0 regardless - but if you need an update it will prompt you for it.  The actual update version shows in your game client.

April 14, 2009 12:52:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is "MAIN.1.00.0091" the Day-Zero patch?  If so I still end up sitting at "Attempting to Connect"  for 20 minutes with no dice.

April 14, 2009 2:20:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

look closely at the topic and you will spot the version number of the update.

April 16, 2009 10:59:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so sorry... wrong section delete this pls

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.