The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: THANK YOU BETA TESTERS!

By on April 8, 2009 9:42:36 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Sometime today all the beta accounts will be temporarily disabled as we move the beta version off of Impulse and replace it with the completed version of the game.

As a token of our appreciation, our intention is to come in the Monday after Easter and make the final version available to the beta group a little bit early.

Those of you who have been with us since the beginning can hopefully see just how much the game has evolved since the first beta. A great deal of the improvement to the game is due to the ideas, suggestions, and feedback from the beta group. I think we can all agree that without your input, the game would have been very different and not for the better.

On behalf of Stardock and Gas Powered Games, I???d like to thank all of you for your help.  We look forward to hanging out on the forums with you listening to your continuing ideas and suggestions to see how Demigod can continue to evolve over the months and years ahead.

Thanks again and good luck!

-Brad ???Frogboy??? Wardell, President & CEO of Stardock

+912 Karma | 59 Replies
April 11, 2009 12:58:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting mickeko,

The Joomacomment 13I hope the last build solves D-link specific router issues.
Why? If it's D-link specific, it's D-link who need to solve it. Game companies should NOT bloat the games with workarounds (also known as "optimizations") for crappy hardware/drivers. If they hadn't done that for ATI and nvidia cards, we would likely have had stable, working graphics drivers for all cards by now...

Not in the industry I see. When it comes to PC Gaming, developing a game means developing for multiple hardware configurations. Bluntly, if people can't play your game, they won't buy your game. And although the truly "hardcore" may go out and upgrade their system to play a certain game, the money is in the mainstream, and they will not. That's why.

April 11, 2009 9:41:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My router is a D-link and it plays Demigod fine.

April 11, 2009 9:49:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My D-link works fine with Demigod too.

April 11, 2009 10:48:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have a D-link DIR-655 and worked with CariElf to fix the connection issues and it was never resolved. Others with the same router have said they're having the same issue.

April 12, 2009 4:59:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can't believe beta is now finished and this thing is going to fly

April 13, 2009 1:23:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Let the Games begin LOL

April 13, 2009 5:07:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting The Jooma,
Not in the industry I see. When it comes to PC Gaming, developing a game means developing for multiple hardware configurations. Bluntly, if people can't play your game, they won't buy your game. And although the truly "hardcore" may go out and upgrade their system to play a certain game, the money is in the mainstream, and they will not. That's why.

And that's why PC gaming is slowly dropping out from mainstream, and game development focus more on consoles.

April 16, 2009 10:53:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

it was .... fun

- J.T. Kirk

April 16, 2009 4:22:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting mickeko,

Quoting The Jooma, reply 1Not in the industry I see. When it comes to PC Gaming, developing a game means developing for multiple hardware configurations. Bluntly, if people can't play your game, they won't buy your game. And although the truly "hardcore" may go out and upgrade their system to play a certain game, the money is in the mainstream, and they will not. That's why.
And that's why PC gaming is slowly dropping out from mainstream, and game development focus more on consoles.
Triple-A game development is focusing on consoles, but honestly the last triple-A I bought was Left 4 Dead.  The last before that was The Orange Box.  "Indie" games offer better value for money, in my experience.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.