The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: THANK YOU BETA TESTERS!

By on April 8, 2009 9:42:36 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Sometime today all the beta accounts will be temporarily disabled as we move the beta version off of Impulse and replace it with the completed version of the game.

As a token of our appreciation, our intention is to come in the Monday after Easter and make the final version available to the beta group a little bit early.

Those of you who have been with us since the beginning can hopefully see just how much the game has evolved since the first beta. A great deal of the improvement to the game is due to the ideas, suggestions, and feedback from the beta group. I think we can all agree that without your input, the game would have been very different and not for the better.

On behalf of Stardock and Gas Powered Games, I???d like to thank all of you for your help.  We look forward to hanging out on the forums with you listening to your continuing ideas and suggestions to see how Demigod can continue to evolve over the months and years ahead.

Thanks again and good luck!

-Brad ???Frogboy??? Wardell, President & CEO of Stardock

+912 Karma | 59 Replies
April 8, 2009 2:26:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for a great beta GPG and SDS.

Special creds to Vundarbread for being on IRC during the early stages of the beta, thanks.

April 8, 2009 2:52:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice, many thanks.  Hope your game does well and makes you both lots monies so you can make paper hats out of money or something.

April 8, 2009 5:09:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm jealous!!!!  I either must buy it through Impulse or not get it until the summer because I won't be home til then and don't have my car on campus. 

Gotta convince my parents to let me get it through Impulse!!

April 8, 2009 6:01:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks a lot to both Stardock and GPG.

You listened to us through out the whole beta and communicated with us on a regular basis which is something you could have easily not done, and is much appreciated. You can really see how much the game improved since beta 1. Special Thanks to Frogboy, Cari-Elf, Yarlen, Mike...in fact, everyone in GPG and Stardock

End of the beta, start of Demigod. Hope it sells well.

April 8, 2009 6:42:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, I just seriously &%^$ myself, omg awesome, thank you, and, your welcome

April 8, 2009 7:02:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It was a fun and interesting beta, and I shall totally be sticking around. Thanks for the thanks, and thanks to thee!

April 8, 2009 7:14:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It's been a lot of fun for beta testing and yeah Demigod has really come a long long way since the first beta, I can't imagine the buggy-poor-performance game has changed so much anyway congratulation on completion of the game!

April 8, 2009 7:28:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

These replies are so beautiful...it brings tears to my eyes (jk)

April 8, 2009 10:18:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Time to store away all manners and carebear-ism.

The game is murder.

April 8, 2009 10:19:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I uninstalled Demigod and removed the registration so I can start with a clean slate next week. Will I get a new key to add, or will I simply have to re-add my current one?  Right now, if I try to add the current one, I get a message saying it's invalid and nothing gets added.

And Demigod no longer shows up with my other registation keys here under My Account - Registrations.

Thanks for the hard work during the beta,

-HM

April 8, 2009 10:55:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Wait a second, you mean you Americans don't get Easter Monday off?!?

Well, have a great holiday.  Unfortunate for me I guess - I hae Monday off and you're not putting it up until Tuesday (local time)!  Doh.

April 8, 2009 11:22:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks right back I can't think of any other company that lets beta testers directly have the ear of the guy in charge.

seriously, that's really cool.

April 8, 2009 11:57:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does this mean that after all the months my account will actually be renamed to "astonerbum" in game? Pretty Please with Sprinkles on top!

If not, can we at least get a map editor?

April 9, 2009 1:10:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cheers team.

April 9, 2009 4:57:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks, looking forward to it. Hopefully I will be able to find some people to play it with at lans.

April 9, 2009 7:46:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks, to the staff of GPG and Stardock for this realy funny beta!

Thanks to all the guys i have played for the GGs!

cu on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2009 9:55:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woo thanks

April 9, 2009 11:18:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The Jooma
I hope the last build solves D-link specific router issues.

Why? If it's D-link specific, it's D-link who need to solve it. Game companies should NOT bloat the games with workarounds (also known as "optimizations") for crappy hardware/drivers. If they hadn't done that for ATI and nvidia cards, we would likely have had stable, working graphics drivers for all cards by now...

April 9, 2009 11:25:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks guys! Looking forward to beating all the nooobies!

April 9, 2009 12:54:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really gonna check it out monday. I hope that all connection problems are solved. I could not connect to most games in the beta. I don't regret pre-ordering this game though. It's still a fantastic game!

April 9, 2009 1:11:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For all of us that have been here since day 1 Frog boy thank for all your time on this. You are a CEO and did not have to have your hands in the forums and with the users. We all should be proud when the users on 4-14 goes and brings this game home the wow factor of what all of us has done is right there. May Demigod sell over a million copies and we play this game for years. Now the Big question Frog when are we going to start working on Demigod II the uprising were a new group of DG raise up to over throw the new All Father lprometheus. See you all the Pantheon “Fight”!!!!

April 9, 2009 8:27:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey, it was frustrating.  It was joyous.  It was intense!  What a wonderful team, what a wonderful product.

If this makes you devs feel any better... I AM ANGRY!  I WANT TO PLAY *NOW*.

Why, why... why?  Did you take my game away from me for an entire week.

*sob*

April 9, 2009 8:30:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

YOU'RE WELCOME

April 10, 2009 1:30:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

head start is always nice ^^ ty

April 10, 2009 1:03:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well thank you for making a quality game

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.