The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] Inconvenient Unstacking of Items

By on April 7, 2009 10:02:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I actually noticed this when I first signed up for Beta 3. But seeing as it was a bug that I had encountered within my first few minutes of playing, I thought someone else probably would've taken notice of it already, and I subsequently put it out of my mind. But this issue is still present in Beta 3F.

In order to invoke the bug, the proceedure is thus:

Purchase 4 of any single usable item (Scrolls, Potions, etc.). All four items must be of the same type, so that they will stack together. As you purchase them, three of these items will occupy the F1 slot, and the fourth copy will occupy the F2 slot.

Now, try to click on the F2 slot to use/consume the fourth item. Instead of using up the item in the F2 slot, the game will consume one of the items in the F1 Slot. So you'll actually end up having 2 potions/scrolls left in F1, and the "fourth" potion/scroll will remain untouched in the F2 slot. "Dammit!" You will say. "I wanted to free up my F2 slot so I could purchase and place another item in my limited array of item slots!"

Incidentally, the items in F1 and F2 will be stacked together into a single slot again after you die & respawn. But until then, you're stuck with two item slots being used, when one would (or should) suffice.

0 Karma | 6 Replies
April 7, 2009 10:04:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice find. That sounds very annoying...We should be allowed to restack items anyway.

April 7, 2009 10:15:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

til it is fixed there is a workaround, just drop the potion and pick it up again, then the stacks are combined.

April 7, 2009 2:25:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, this is a very irritating bug.............Wait you can drop potions?!

April 7, 2009 2:28:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you can drop every item (unless it has a cooldown on it) by simply right clicking it.

April 7, 2009 5:41:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Think you consume the potion if you right click it TheBigOne :/

April 7, 2009 6:07:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sevenix,
Think you consume the potion if you right click it TheBigOne :/

You consume a pot if you left-click it.  Right-clicking drops it and it shows as a treasure chest icon on the ground.  This can be quite useful if you are pushing and your ally needs a health or mana boost.  

Incidentally you can sell items that are cooling down, even if you can't drop them. Buying them back will not reset the cooldown, though.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.