The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Video – Complex Features

By on April 7, 2009 8:57:27 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The last video that Demigod’s lead designer, Mike Marr, put up was all about basics.  This time he guides us through some more “complex” features of Demigod.

“Since Generals don't have the same powerful abilities of Assassins, they have to be played a bit differently and Mike discusses how to balance and manage the Generals' additional responsibilities. You may use your minions as scouts to seek out the enemy's weak points, or as a diversionary unit to keep the pressure off of your demigod, or even as a sacrificial screening force when you need to get your demigod out of a losing battle.”

+460 Karma | 10 Replies
April 7, 2009 10:10:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice video.

It would be nice though if you could actually use minions as a "screen", but other players will just go straight for DG and ignore them.

April 7, 2009 10:46:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Enemy creeps won't though.

April 7, 2009 12:14:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice video.

It would be nice though if you could actually use minions as a "screen", but other players will just go straight for DG and ignore them.

If they wanted to make that change, they certainly could though. The two ways to get people not to ignore minions are:

1. If the minions are too dangerous to ignore due to high damage or negative effects (stuns, slows)

2. If it is faster to kill the minions then kill the DG in that order (ex: the minion gives its demigod +100% armor when close).

I'm not in beta, so talking generally here.

April 7, 2009 12:48:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You've hit it right on the head actually WickedDemiurge. There have been quite a few threads and posts and those two suggestions. Put their damage up high so they are actually dangerous and can hurt other DG's, but at the same time dont give them 1k hp so killing them seems pointless (as it takes too long and by the time they are dead they just re-summon them). However both points have to be used, not just one of them. There were Oak Spirits before which v.high damage but also had v.high hp, so they were op. If we are going to make them dangerous and give them high damage, they need to be easy to kill.

April 8, 2009 3:32:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Unless some changes were implemented between beta 3F and the gold release, I personally don't think the Generals are very well established yet. Last time I played the game the minions part is still a bit gimmicky for my liking, it needs to be expanded on and tweaked a bit more.

However this is Stardock we are talking about, and they won't rest on their laurels especially with a game so multiplayer and competitively orientated.

April 8, 2009 4:21:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Be nice to have the buttons back for each individual minion type. When I want my minion group to charge, I don't want the priests to join in!

April 8, 2009 8:42:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Day0 patch will apparently have higher minion damage with slightly lower hp

April 8, 2009 9:17:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Personally, I'd prefer fewer minions, but having higher damage and higher hp to compensate. If you set their hp too low but damage high they become disproportionately difficult to Demigods that lack high AE damage, but trivial to those that do.

As a Torchbearer, I wouldn't care how much damage the QoT's Shamblers can do if I can Rain of Ice + Freeze Nova + Rain of Ice and kill every creep and minion anyway. But that doesn't work for Regulus, or Sedna, or UB..

That's why I'd rather have fewer of them so Demigods focused on single-target DPS wouldn't be overwhelmed by the numbers, and at the same time AE Demigods wouldn't trivialize them quite so much.

April 8, 2009 8:06:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Personally, I'd prefer fewer minions

They already did that. Priests/Minatuars/Siege Archers all come in pairs of two max now, instead of 4. They also reduced the number of Yeti's Sedna could get. So yea...They cant really reduce numbers much more unless you want only 1 minion per idol.

As a Torchbearer, I wouldn't care how much damage the QoT's Shamblers can do if I can Rain of Ice + Freeze Nova + Rain of Ice and kill every creep and minion anyway

As long as minions force you to waste a rain of ice and force you to wait another 11 secs for a shatter combo, then they are balanced fine

April 30, 2009 6:35:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You could use them as a screen if their was collision

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000735   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.