The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[BUG]Stuttering sound

By on April 5, 2009 4:34:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This has been going on since I first got into the beta, but it seems to be even worse now with 3F.  Basically, sounds sometimes "stutter", like a broken record.  It playes just a moments worth of sound over and over again, and it eventually goes back to normal.  But it will do it again in a few seconds, usually when I mouse over a button, or select a demigod.  I don't think it's a sound card problem, as nothing specific is said about sound cards in the system requirements.  I tried setting the sound to lower quality, and turning of the system reverb, but it didn't help.

Is anyone else having this problem?

EDIT-- some more info:  the sound only stutters in the menu, never in-game.

0 Karma | 2 Replies
April 6, 2009 12:18:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, the in-menu stuttering has been around for a while. Contrary to your experiences though, I actually thought I noticed a slight improvment with 3F. It's still definitely there though, and is particularly noticable when selecting a demigod to play as.

April 23, 2009 2:08:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Out of interest if you play with /nosound switch do you find a significant performance increase. My suspicion is you will.

If so post to here to register that you have the same issue

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/348232

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.