The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[BUG] Uneven teams

By on April 4, 2009 12:43:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just played a game where the teams were uneven.  I had one player on my side (for a total of 2) playing against the dark side with 4 players (or AIs).

Rough game.  I've got the replay if it's helpful.

Martinsa

0 Karma | 21 Replies
April 4, 2009 2:15:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pantheon or Custome Game?

April 4, 2009 2:01:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pantheon.

April 4, 2009 5:46:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Both Pantheon and Skirmish do this.

April 4, 2009 8:39:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm getting this now as well.

April 4, 2009 10:09:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That not a bug on pantheon, that a challenge. The dev talked about those kind of math before.

I had a 1 vs 4 once.

April 4, 2009 10:53:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Flurus,
That not a bug on pantheon, that a challenge. The dev talked about those kind of math before.

I had a 1 vs 4 once.

Are you sure about that?  I always assumed this was a bug as it happens at random with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

Not to mention I've had games where it was 3v1 where 2 of the 3 were real people against 1 ai.

April 4, 2009 11:15:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had a 2 v 1 (2 ai vs me), pretty fun game. I was level 20 sedena with lvl 9 erebus and lvl 10 tb. By that time, two auto attaks then a pounce and they were finished.

April 5, 2009 9:31:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Out of the 4 Partheon games so far I had 4 vs 2 (1 human on each team), 3 vs 1 (one human on each team again). 3 vs 2 (2 humans + 1 AI vs 1 human + 1 AI and last game 3 vs 2 (3 AI vs 2 humans). While I do enjoy a challange, being outnumbered every game is not fun. I will post more feed back after I have a few more games.

April 5, 2009 12:07:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if you have a good ranking and the other players have a bad ranking, there will me less player with the better ranking team than the lower one to give a challenge to the higer rank player.

It as been discussed by the dev a while ago.

It could be buggy too right now. But I know the devs already talked about this for the pantheon.

April 5, 2009 1:04:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It can't be working as intended right now.  There is no way a 3 vs 1 with myself, Horseradish and one other player against a single AI was by design.

April 5, 2009 1:08:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're both right.

It's not necessarily supposed to have it be even number teams.

But we are also battling with a bug where the game is rejecting AI players being inserted so you end up with too few AI Players.

April 5, 2009 2:52:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I thought it was ranking as well until I played a match against 2AI + Player, won, and then played a match with 2AI on me team against 1 player... the same player as in the previous game.  Unless the system thought he was better than me (I have an undefeated record) the first game and then dropped his ranking down significantly after I won to cause him to be handicapped the second game then something is broken.

April 6, 2009 1:24:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hopefully this will be fixed by release -- if it's just AIs that's one thing, but being stuck playing alone against two players is kinda frustrating.  (hasn't happened to me yet, but I've been on the other side and it isn't much fun from there either)

April 6, 2009 3:42:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Glad to have that cleared, it is both a feature and a bug

I'm fine with playing outnumbered against real people as long as there is a ranking system placing the better player(s) on the right side.

April 6, 2009 6:49:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The main problem is at the moment that in a team with 1 vs 3, where the 3 contains at least 1 AI, the 1 has a pretty major advantage because the AI is so bad it just feeds gold, until the guy on his own is unkillable by the other team.

April 6, 2009 10:05:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Caldur,
The main problem is at the moment that in a team with 1 vs 3, where the 3 contains at least 1 AI, the 1 has a pretty major advantage because the AI is so bad it just feeds gold, until the guy on his own is unkillable by the other team.

We've been saying this for a while, but just gonna get behind Caldur and agree that advantage in Demigod has nothing to do with team numbers.   1 experienced player can beat three new players or AI every time.  2 experienced players who work well together can beat any number of new players or nightmare AI every time. 

I like the asymmetrical teams in theory, but in practice you get more kill feeds from a larger team, not more challenge.

April 6, 2009 3:07:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yep i get this a whole lot now, and honestly if i do pantheon i just use TB so if i do get stuck 3v1 or 4v1 and im all alone his frost really is nice to have. though i use vampire lord alot now, skirmishes mostly cause the pantheon just isnt fun when its constantly 3 v1 or 4v1 or 2 v1 even,

(is this cause the ranking based on the pantheon in 3e? i did climb the ranks rather quickly to 16over all and 6 for forces of dark. but the quickness this was accomplished was a matter of 2 or 3 nights of pantheon only.)

So i guess my concern is over the ranking itself, if doin pantheon and getting these challenge matchs that are pretty easy as what iv ecounterd, then ranking would be affected from these seemingly almost handed over to u wins.

and skirmish i notice it tends to be 4 v2  wich is odd cause majority of the skirmishes are 4v2 and i feel sorry for who im fighting. as im on the team with 4 alot ..

id like to see balance teams, with even amount of players.

i know its a "challange" but its not really challenging when u rip apart the AI so easily during a 3 on 1.

im sure once the player base is bigger after release the pantheon and skirmish will be alot better though.
after all its a beta for a reason right

April 6, 2009 3:28:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The viability of uneven teams is VERY dependent on the game type.

A skilled player can handle say Slaughter, or Conquest if it's on the right map.  But Domination?  Completely hopeless.  Just last night I was placed against 3 opponents on Domination and it was just silly.  They didn't even fight me, they just ran around capping whatever flag I wasn't capping.  The logistics of it simply made it impossible to win.

April 6, 2009 11:54:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's still happening -- I just got dumped into 3v1 in Slaughter.  Well, technically it was 3v3.  I spent most of the game watching my AI "helpers" run from my base to the middle of the map, where the three enemy demigods were waiting to kill them every time they came back.  End result: me, 1 kill and 0 deaths; them, 0 kills and 9 and 11 deaths.  I shoulda just parked at my health crystal and gone to get a snack...

April 7, 2009 12:09:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lambdaman,
It's still happening -- I just got dumped into 3v1 in Slaughter.  Well, technically it was 3v3.  I spent most of the game watching my AI "helpers" run from my base to the middle of the map, where the three enemy demigods were waiting to kill them every time they came back.  End result: me, 1 kill and 0 deaths; them, 0 kills and 9 and 11 deaths.  I shoulda just parked at my health crystal and gone to get a snack...

They're still working on it.

April 7, 2009 12:52:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

It's still happening

They're still working on it.

Thanks, good to hear.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000688   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.