The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] Password Reset Broken.

By on April 1, 2009 9:30:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I briefly forgot my password to login to the forums here (have since remembered it) and when I tried to do a password reset I was e-mailed the following (instead of the password reset e-mail I was expecting):

from Demigod Forums Registration <[email protected]>
to "****@****.***" <****@****.***>
date Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:12 AM
subject Stardock Network Registration (Demigod Forums)
mailed-by stardock.com

hide details 5:12 AM (1 hour ago)

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(String address) at Stardock.Net.WebToolbox.DownloadPage(String Url)
+6 Karma | 2 Replies
April 11, 2009 7:10:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i got the same type of email when i tried getting the website to send me the verification for my email address. no one was addressing the issue so i made this account so i could say something

ps this has been going on for almost a week now

here's the actually email i recieved to my Gmail Account

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.

SocketException: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(String address) at Stardock.Net.WebToolbox.DownloadPage(String Url)
April 21, 2009 12:40:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The error stems from some server issues we are currently having.  The page has been updated with a link to another page that does work.  Please use that page until our server issues are resolved.

Bara

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.